AVS Forum banner

9821 - 9840 of 9944 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
bug: Turn off the “Apple TV”, the TV will turn off, but immediately turn it on again
You can only turn off the TV first, and the apple tv will turn off automatically
Hope sony can fix this problem
Generally speaking, there are persistent issues with CEC, so I simply turn it OFF and avoid any ongoing headaches.
A solid Harmony Elite Pro remote solved all that for me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So from my research with hdmi 2.1 is it true that it's only a firmware update and our tvs would be able to get 120htz? Huge gamer and was on the fence about upgrading. But if it's true that all that is required is an update then do you fine gentlemen feel that we will get it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
So from my research with hdmi 2.1 is it true that it's only a firmware update and our tvs would be able to get 120htz? Huge gamer and was on the fence about upgrading. But if it's true that all that is required is an update then do you fine gentlemen feel that we will get it?

No way, just go for a tv with 2.1 hdmi

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Is there a successor to this television yet? Just wondering. I am glad I had an opportunity to get one of these. Picture still impresses.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is there a successor to this television yet? Just wondering. I am glad I had an opportunity to get one of these. Picture still impresses.
There was no X940E successor model in 2018, just the X900F, then 2019 brought the X950G, and 2020 gave us the X950H. Granted, the X940E doesn't have HDMI 2.1, eARC, IMAX Enhanced mode, NETFLIX Calibrated mode, TV+, AirPlay, and/or HomeKit support. But, most would agree that our beloved X940E has a better picture.

And I have seen comments that OLED would be a better successor for the X940E.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There was no X940E successor model in 2018, just the X900F, then 2019 brought the X950G, and 2020 gave us the X950H. Granted, the X940E doesn't have HDMI 2.1, eARC, IMAX Enhanced mode, NETFLIX Calibrated mode, TV+, AirPlay, and/or HomeKit support. But, most would agree that our beloved X940E has a better picture.

Lord knows I've been looking for an 85" to replace my 940e. Haven't found one yet.
I agree maybe OLED, but why pay $3500 to gain 2" in screen size?
This TV is pretty awesome and it will be tough to find a current TV that matches it in the 85" screen size

MB

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am returning my 940e. The tv has a warranty from best buy and developed a vertical banding issue and they said they would credit me back the purchase price of the tv back in 2018. So I am not sure what to replace it with. Any help would be great. I was considering the nano99 75 inch but I am really not finishing anything comparable. It would be nice to have 8k and 4k at 120htz being that I have both new systems but I still have to upgrade my receiver. The anthem 1120 doesn't support 2.1 and the new anthem haven't confirmed when they will update there the new receivers to have 2.1

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
XBR77A9G would be my choice for a replacement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How do we get 120hz on the Ps5 with this TV? I know it can't to 4k 120hz, but I thought it would be able to do 1080p 120hz.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm reading old posts on this and am trying to figure out how to get DV to work on this TV via an external Blu-Ray player. I bought one of the launch 4k players from Samsung when they first came out; of course DV wasn't a thing back then and, as this set didn't have DV I didn't bother upgrading over time. Will any UHD blu-ray player with DV work for this set or does the low latency implementation mean only a particular set of options will work? Again, tried searching but not having luck just yet...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm assuming that you have the latest firmware for the 940E, as I haven't had any issue(s) with my OPPO 203 and my 940E and Dolby Vision.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I'm reading old posts on this and am trying to figure out how to get DV to work on this TV via an external Blu-Ray player. I bought one of the launch 4k players from Samsung when they first came out; of course DV wasn't a thing back then and, as this set didn't have DV I didn't bother upgrading over time. Will any UHD blu-ray player with DV work for this set or does the low latency implementation mean only a particular set of options will work? Again, tried searching but not having luck just yet...
Maybe the Panasonic UB820.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Any 4k player that is DV capable will work with the television. I have UB820 and it lights up the dolby vision. The Apple TV 4K will also do it for streaming.

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Any 4K player that decodes the DV signal internally is capable. It must be player-led. I don’t think his older Samsung UHD is such a player.

9821 - 9840 of 9944 Posts