AVS Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 6486 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm at 5' or less and no issues.
Same here. I am standing 1' away from screen with this page up as I type and no issue of any checkerboard pattern.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
My nose is actually touching the screen right now....no it's not. :)
LOL. You win!! Your level of commitment is to be commended as I was not willing to smudge my wonderful display during the verification process.

CHEERS!!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Is it possible to adjust the PQ at the home screen? It stays in torch mode and it almost painful to scroll through the menus. Ha, thats my only complaint about the TV so far.

Reactions: crawlgsx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here you go. Post #1994 on this thread. Roku RC64 remote. Put it into pairing mode and do a RESTART of your TV and they should work together.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2869161-official-2017-tcl-p-series-55p607-owners-thread-no-price-talk-67.html#post54576228

Your issue will be finding one to purchase on the aftermarket. Hard to come by at all, or with a reasonable price point. The link below has been out of stock with a 'try back' date that continues to move about once a week. https://encompass.com/item/10846935/TCL/06-RFZNWF-ARC64/Remote_Control

As stated by others, these enhanced features are all available thru the Roku app on Smartphone to try them out first and see if they respond the way you would like.

My biggest miss after moving from a Roku 3 box that had the Wifi Enhanced remote and to the P605 with Basic IR Remote was the line of sight issue with a Basic IR remote. My soundbar was blocking the IR receiver on the TCL TV and I had to lift the TV up to get it over my low profile soundbar to get any consistent response. After fighting it for about 3 weeks, I saw a post on the forum here of using a simple IR Remote Extender to 'get around' the issue of a soundbar blocking the TCL IR receiver in the middle of the set. I purchased a simple $9 IR extender on Amazon and set it up with IR Transmitter sitting right underneath the TV and behind my soundbar pointing up at the IR receiver on the TCL TV and put the IR Receiver sitting next to the soundbar and now have an excellent responsive IR remote and was able to lower my TV back down to an aesthetically pleasing position.

Glad you are enjoying your integrated TCL TV. I am as well and am also an OTA user. I am looking forward to the Roku OS 8 software that should be arriving to our sets in the November time frame. OS 8 will include a TV Guide style grid for OTA users that will show 7 days of past listings and 14 days of upcoming listings that will be searchable. That will really top this Roku TCL TV off as a great one stop, one remote offering. http://www.avsforum.com/roku-streamers-receive-major-refresh/
just got my 607, and some bad bleed on left side, so will be returning. main reason ordered was for the remote. still trying to find confirmation. will a roku ultra remote be able to pair with a 605??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I dunno if you guys are blind or both the sets I returned were duds but the checkerboarding/pixel dimming is obvious even at the top of this page. Here are 3 pictures (2 in Rise of the Tomb Raider where distant vegetation becomes purple due to the way this thing dims pixels). You don't even need to be within 6 feet to see this stuff, it's visible across the room side by side with a normal monitor/TV.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Is it possible to adjust the PQ at the home screen? It stays in torch mode and it almost painful to scroll through the menus. Ha, thats my only complaint about the TV so far.
I don't think you can adjust the brightness of the Home Screen. And I agree, appears to be on max brightness setting.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is a setting for the home screen...not at my set now but it is there, but there are only a few choices like light, dark, darker and even the darker isn't real dark. I also changed my theme to one of the darker themes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
607 going the past few days. Love the picture, in may aspects it is an improvement coming from a 1080P plasma. But in dark scenes I feel like I am losing a lot of detail, black crush? Like if the characters are in a dark room, wearing dark suites I feel like I am losing a lot of detail.

Tried tweeting some of the settings, and the Rtings settings to the the warm temperature but still not dialed in.

Any suggestions?

THANKS

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Cwick what is your gamma set to? I would raise the gamma if you feel it’s too dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts

I always thought that whatever last input you were on (like say Xbox one) when using the normal setting or whatever setting, maybe it was movie or vivid or etc..., that setting stuck for when you backed out to Home. Maybe not, I can’t remember but I believe that was mentioned early in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you guys with a PS4 pro go to the video settings on the PS4 and go to the last option that displays video information and see if yours says HDCP 1.4 only? I can not seem to get mine into HDCP 2.2 mode despite HDR and everything being detected correctly. This only effects the streaming video apps correct? No other video or color compatibility issues? I would still prefer to make it work in case I want to use the streaming functionality or something. I do not have this issue with any other device. I have the TV set to HDMI 2.0 manually. Thanks

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Did you double check on your Pro that you have HDCP enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you guys with a PS4 pro go to the video settings on the PS4 and go to the last option that displays video information and see if yours says HDCP 1.4 only? I can not seem to get mine into HDCP 2.2 mode despite HDR and everything being detected correctly. This only effects the streaming video apps correct? No other video or color compatibility issues? I would still prefer to make it work in case I want to use the streaming functionality or something. I do not have this issue with any other device. I have the TV set to HDMI 2.0 manually. Thanks
I found that 1.8 or 2.0 helps quite a bit.

3181 - 3200 of 6486 Posts