AVS Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 6486 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't argue a single point you've provided. Thanks. I think I just needed someone to shift my perspective to that of rationality.

That being said, the uniformity is perfect on High, but some of the flashligh ting can still be seen on low.
FWIW, I got an exchange for dead pixels and the flashlighting is worse on my second one. So there are some better panels out there, just no perfect ones it seems

·
Registered
7 Posts
What screw size do I need for mounting this? The FCC link says m6x13 but tcl manual says m6 x 18. Where do I get M6 x 18?

I'm using an older mount and don't have the extra screws anymore.

My Kanto Mount from my other 75" came with M6x15mm and M6x30 but I don't think they would work. Page 3 is the mounting hardware from another FMX mount i have

Can I use anything from there?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
i picked up the 605 from best buy yesterday.. came home and removed my 47" 1080p LG from my old wall mount.. went to mount the brackets to the 605 and the screws were too short.. i wanted to mount it since i just drove over 1hr to pickup the tv from the best buy and it was already 8pm so i checked my garage for any M6 bolts or screws.. found a bag from lowes that i had purchased before for another project and ended up not using.. they were M6 x 10mm and they worked fine.. i even used a small washer.. tv was mounted last night and i hooked up my xbox one x to it and did some testing.. found my HDMI cables were not fast enough for HDR content as i got artifacts and banding.. installed a newer HDMI cable and all is well..

good luck..

·
Registered
876 Posts
What screw size do I need for mounting this? The FCC link says m6x13 but tcl manual says m6 x 18. Where do I get M6 x 18?

I'm using an older mount and don't have the extra screws anymore.

My Kanto Mount from my other 75" came with M6x15mm and M6x30 but I don't think they would work. Page 3 is the mounting hardware from another FMX mount i have
https://kantomounts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/FMX3_EngManual_16-11-07_linear.pdf

Can I use anything from there?

I was unable to find M6 x 18 screws at the local hardware stores so I bought M6 x 20 and they worked fine.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I was unable to find M6 x 18 screws at the local hardware stores so I bought M6 x 20 and they worked fine.

Same. Should I use washers that I have for M6 bolts that are 1mm each and do 2 per bolt?

Also did you use any spacers or lock washers?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Same. Should I use washers that I have for M6 bolts that are 1mm each and do 2 per bolt?

Also did you use any spacers or lock washers?

Can't recall 100% how many washers I used but I just had a poke around behind the TV and it feels like I only used a single 1mm washer. Definitely didn't use spacers or lock washers.

I'm pretty sure I tested how far the 20mm screws would go directly into the TV and they actually never bottomed out. So I didn't feel the need to do anything special with washers to compensate for the longer screws.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Picked this up yesterday. Watched 2 4k HDR movies and played a fair bit of Forza 7 in HDR.

Initial thoughts:
Everything about the TV is amazing, except it has some backlight bleed (minor) and the uniformity is pretty bad. HDR on the other hand is absolutely mind-blowing and the colors are fantastic. This is the only TV aside from an OLED that gave me the 'colors pop right out of the screen' feeling. Not sure how much HDR has to do with that though.

Example of poor screen uniformity:
When racing around in Forza, the top half of the screen is usually a relatively solid gray/blue from the sky. When taking quick turns, I can definitely see little hazy patches or blotches that stay in place while the sky zooms around on the screen. This shouldn't be confused with actual fog or clouds in the sky (even though the effect may be similar). It is just poor screen uniformity that causes this effect.

Important note about screen uniformity:
I found that if you dial down the 'backlight' to around 20-30 in HDR, the 'blotchyness' from poor screen uniformity is drastically reduced. This also lessens the HDR effect though, so it's a trade off.

Closing thoughts:
If it wasn't for the poor uniformity, I would 100% be in love with the P607. At the price I paid for the P607 (and the extra cost of upgrading to an LG B7 OLED), it's extremely hard to justify the upgrading to an OLED. Also, just sticking with my old TV until OLED prices come down more is still an option as well. Speaking of my old TV, I feel like I got extremely lucky with it. It has absolutely zero backlight bleed and screen uniformity is probably the best you can get with a budget TV. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I will probably give it a week or so and see how I feel after more time with it. The poor screen uniformity really bothers me, but at the same time, it would be really hard to go back to my non-HDR set. HDR is an absolute game changer and looks really stunning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok.. after using the tv for 2 days.. im pretty pleased with it.. like other people have mentioned there is some light bleed/flashlighting however it goes away as soon as i turn on FALD to low.. which is weird.. is there a way to turn FALD on all the time? i know the tv defaults to "low power mode" on my set unless I go in and set for each input/app.. but even the main default red theme TCL screen looks fine only when i start an app do you see any light bleed and then it goes away when it finally loads the content/app and the new settings i changed kick in..

btw.. using it with a Xbox One X.. HDR games look amazing.. did anyone download the Insect demo showing the differences with HDR on/off and 4k on/off.. ? pretty cool.. free download but its like 1.7gb..

Been amazed at the 4k youtube videos.. some of the default Roku apps look great too.. any other apps you guys suggest.. even "private" ones.. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ok.. after using the tv for 2 days.. im pretty pleased with it.. like other people have mentioned there is some light bleed/flashlighting however it goes away as soon as i turn on FALD to low.. which is weird.. is there a way to turn FALD on all the time? i know the tv defaults to "low power mode" on my set unless I go in and set for each input/app.. but even the main default red theme TCL screen looks fine only when i start an app do you see any light bleed and then it goes away when it finally loads the content/app and the new settings i changed kick in..

btw.. using it with a Xbox One X.. HDR games look amazing.. did anyone download the Insect demo showing the differences with HDR on/off and 4k on/off.. ? pretty cool.. free download but its like 1.7gb..

Been amazed at the 4k youtube videos.. some of the default Roku apps look great too.. any other apps you guys suggest.. even "private" ones.. :)
Fald setting does not apply while in the roku system/app ui. Not sure why this is but its "normal" behavior.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is this anyway to adjust 11pt for HDR only? it looks like the SDR and HDR are linked via the roku app > Expert settings. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
237 Posts
As an OTA user, really looking forward to the OTA Grid Guide coming with Roku OS 8 update.

http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-tv-8-0-update-released-today-including-new-ota-grid-guide/
I know slightly off topic but does anyone know if this will come to any other (i.e. Sharp) Roku TVs, I have a Sharp in the bedroom (55P607 in the living room) and was thinking about switching local content/OTA/DVR from Kodi/NextPVR to Plex/OTA Guide this would allow my to abandon a complete device and use just the TVs remote.

Back on topic, if I turn off wifi direct (or at least the TV broadcasting a wifi network) does that kill my wireless remote, I'd like to keep the wireless remote feature since I have a center speaker blocking the IR (raising my arm up in the air once to power on the TV isn't a big deal, but I don't want to do it with every remote input). I have some wifi issues and wondering if the TV is causing interference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Which color setting should I be using on Xbox One X, PC RGB or standard? Also, should I use 10-bit or 12 bit color setting? Did anyone else have trouble with the included cable? I run through a 5 port HDMI switch from Amazon that supports HDR and 4k 60Hz with about a 8-10 foot HDMI cable coming out and through my wall up to where the TV is mounted and with the included cable, 4k would not work at all, just the "is it on" screen.

Switched to a certified Monoprice 4k HDR certified cable and no such issue. Although I do randomly see a very very thin bar that looks like digital noise/ snow in random places on screen while playing Forza 7 every couple of minutes like their is a bandwidth problem. Starting to think my total length of cable is a factor because of the switch I am using. DV on my Apple TV 4k only works right if plugged directly into the TV.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone use PS Vue with this TV and how does it look?

The app that they use on this TV for PS Vue is very disappointing. The one on Amazon Stick and on the PS4 itself gives a much smoother experience, and better PQ/AQ. I'm really hoping the update adds a new app to it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Got my TV on the wall and can already tell it's incredible.

I'm going through all the picture modes and trying to figure out what looks best.

For Dolby Vision HDR 10 which HDR setting do you use and which color temperature?

For normal viewing which mode do you use and what color temperature?

So many settings!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looked up the SJ9, MSRP is $899. How good is that thing? I can't comprehend a soundbar sounding that good for $900. Does it really compare to a true Dolby Atmos setup?
It's frequently $399 on SD, I bought two. They sound incredible for $399. For $899 I'd invest in something different, but at $399 I don't believe there's anything any better. I purchased an Atmos Demo disc on eBay, listened to all the material, simply amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What causes these vertical lines? They are very noticeable when a flat colored screen is showing, but I can also notice when playing CoD on Xbox One X, especially when the screen is panning left or right. It’s not only on the Xbox. I tried messing with as many of the settings as I can think of, but can’t figure it out. I don’t remember them always being there, but it’s been a few weeks. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Those lines look about right for this TV, we all have them more or less. Screen uniformity is a weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3681 - 3700 of 6486 Posts