AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 1138 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you do not not need the added features including the HDMI 2.1 upgrade down the rode, which mainly has to do with 8K as mentioned and gaming, why spend the extra cash? They both will "probably" be outdated sooner then later, technology is moving fast... ;) Keep another fun fact in mind, the extra cash you save can be put away in a nice mutual fund gaining 10%-20% interest, like the PRDGX fund or just save it, and you can upgrade again sooner........
Just picked up a new AV7705 to replace my old AV8801! Looking forward to setting it up!

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Make sure under the general settings tab —> trigger out —> only enable the inputs/modes where you want your component to turn on when selecting that input.
Yes, I discovered this via the web settings, the input in question was not set to "on" in that menu[trigger out]. All is good now thanks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yes, I discovered this via the web settings, the input in question was not set to "on" in that menu[trigger out]. All is good now thanks.
Glad you got it sorted!

Can't understand the reasoning behind all these settings.
When I turn on my Pre/Pro, I want it to turn on my amps, period!
Where's that config switch?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad you got it sorted!

Can't understand the reasoning behind all these settings.
When I turn on my Pre/Pro, I want it to turn on my amps, period!
Where's that config switch?
Settings > General > Triggers

FWIW, some users, like myself, use multiple amps and find this flexibility very useful. I use a two channel and nine channel amp in my configuration. For inputs I use for two channel music, only my two channel amp is triggered. For “surround” based inputs, both amps are triggered. It can also be configured per zone if desired.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Heos streaming stopped working for some unknown reason, well actually the screen shows all the relevant info and track elapsed time, but no sound at all no matter what I do. I didn't change any settings other than creating an account since I signed up for Tidal. I used Heos before to stream my local files from my PC, never had any issues. I deleted and reinstalled the app several times, and also I deleted my account since it one doesn't need just to stream local files. Nothing made a difference. Everything looks good except no sound. The other inputs work fine no issues at all, only the Ethernet, which reported working just fine by the web portal set up. NO, I'm not gonna do a reset, but willing to listen to any other ideas. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
87,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Heos streaming stopped working for some unknown reason, well actually the screen shows all the relevant info and track elapsed time, but no sound at all no matter what I do. I didn't change any settings other than creating an account since I signed up for Tidal. I used Heos before to stream my local files from my PC, never had any issues. I deleted and reinstalled the app several times, and also I deleted my account since it one doesn't need just to stream local files. Nothing made a difference. Everything looks good except no sound. The other inputs work fine no issues at all, only the Ethernet, which reported working just fine by the web portal set up. NO, I'm not gonna do a reset, but willing to listen to any other ideas. Thanks!
Refer to post 3 and do a "Network reset" (which is different from a microprocessor reset).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sorry if this has been asked before.
I'm in the process of purchasing an AV7705. How have you guys have Netflix setup so the surround sound comes

through the pre-amp?
I have a Sony with with an Arc HDMI input where presumably I will connect my main preamp HDMI out to.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
87,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
I'm in the process of purchasing an AV7705. How have you guys have Netflix setup so the surround sound comes

through the pre-amp?
I have a Sony with with an Arc HDMI input where presumably I will connect my main preamp HDMI out to.
Thanks
Connecting an HDMI cable from the HDMI Monitor Out 1 (ARC) on the AV7705 to the HDMI(ARC) input on the TV is the simplest configuration; however, doesn't always work depending on the brand/model of TV regardless of the brand of AVR/AVP which is why many TV installers will often simply use the alternate configuration of connecting an optical cable from the TV to the AVR/AVP. Note however, the optical configuration is not able to pass DD+ that Netflix uses especially to pass Atmos.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like knowing I'm getting the best possible audio and video signals and don't mind pushing an extra button or two.
I use my 4k BluRay player to stream Netflix, with the dedicated video HDMI cable to the TV and separate audio only HDMI cable to my Marantz Pre/Pro, works perfectly. ;)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts

through the pre-amp?
Thanks
Connecting an HDMI cable from the HDMI Monitor Out 1 (ARC) on the AV7705 to the HDMI(ARC) input on the TV is the simplest configuration; however, doesn't always work depending on the brand/model of TV regardless of the brand of AVR/AVP which is why many TV installers will often simply use the alternate configuration of connecting an optical cable from the TV to the AVR/AVP. Note however, the optical configuration is not able to pass DD+ that Netflix uses especially to pass Atmos.

I agree with JD. I connect an LG B6 to an AV7704 using the ARC setup described above. It works well. The units with eARC, such as the AV7704 and AV7705, use a sophisticated chip to support ARC and eARC, which provides more confidence that the whole thing will work.

The real point of this post is to say:

What would be really nice is if you'd report back as to whether the AV7705 connected to your Sony TV using ARC works. This question comes up a lot, but the results aren't usually reported, especially when the setup is successful.

If others here have used the Denon/Marantz AVR's/AVP's (or Yamaha for that matter) that support eARC, to connect via ARC to a TV it would be great to know the results, good or bad.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am sorry if this has been asked before.
I have the jvc 5900 projector connected to the Arc out of the 7705. The other hdmi out is connected to my old 720p tv.
My oppo 203d is connected to the processor at cbl/sat.
I am not getting the set-up gui overlay on the 4K video image.
What are the settings to use in oder to get this?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
87,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
I am sorry if this has been asked before.
I have the jvc 5900 projector connected to the Arc out of the 7705. The other hdmi out is connected to my old 720p tv.
My oppo 203d is connected to the processor at cbl/sat.
I am not getting the set-up gui overlay on the 4K video image.
What are the settings to use in oder to get this?
Thank you.
As noted in post 1 of this thread, the setup page cannot "overlay" on 4k video.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got my Marantz Av 7705. It works just like my old Av8801 and with just regular TV listening the last few weeks I have not noticed it being any less of a A/V Processor with sound that my AV8801.

Today I will play around with the Audyssey Multi EQ App which I know will allow me to dial in the sound a bit better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No Audio from Left Fr Channel on Surround Decoded Formats

I finally got around to adding the Front and Rear Height Speakers for Atmos. After everything was installed and the channels configured and tested, I decided to run the MultEQ App to finish off the setup. Polarity was recognized as wrong on Front and Surround speakers but I skipped since I knew it was right.

After uploading the complete configuration, I am not receiving sound out of the Left Front speaker when decoding surround formats, e.g. - Dolby Digital, DD+, Dolby Atmos, etc. The RF speaker is emitting sound fine. I have the receiver set in "Direct" mode. I have tried multiple input sources that I know worked before. I am looking at the input and output display and it is showing the LF speaker as receiving and sending a signal.

If I play a stereo source such as Pandora on my Shield box, I do get sound from the LF speaker. Also when I go into Speaker setup and Levels, the LF speaker emits the test tone just fine. It appears to be only when the receiver is decoding a surround format that is not just a standard stereo channel.

Running the latest firmware. I have not opened a case with Marantz yet. I am pretty sure it was working fine before. Anyone have suggestions? Unfortunately, I am very flustered over this. :mad:

Thanks in advance
-Jay

·
Registered
185 Posts
I finally got around to adding the Front and Rear Height Speakers for Atmos. After everything was installed and the channels configured and tested, I decided to run the MultEQ App to finish off the setup. Polarity was recognized as wrong on Front and Surround speakers but I skipped since I knew it was right.

After uploading the complete configuration, I am not receiving sound out of the Left Front speaker when decoding surround formats, e.g. - Dolby Digital, DD+, Dolby Atmos, etc. The RF speaker is emitting sound fine. I have the receiver set in "Direct" mode. I have tried multiple input sources that I know worked before. I am looking at the input and output display and it is showing the LF speaker as receiving and sending a signal.

If I play a stereo source such as Pandora on my Shield box, I do get sound from the LF speaker. Also when I go into Speaker setup and Levels, the LF speaker emits the test tone just fine. It appears to be only when the receiver is decoding a surround format that is not just a standard stereo channel.

Running the latest firmware. I have not opened a case with Marantz yet. I am pretty sure it was working fine before. Anyone have suggestions? Unfortunately, I am very flustered over this. :mad:

Thanks in advance
-Jay
Something must have went wrong with my calibration. If i turn Audyssey off when playing back DD, DD+, Atmos it works fine. I am recalibrating now.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Something must have went wrong with my calibration. If i turn Audyssey off when playing back DD, DD+, Atmos it works fine. I am recalibrating now.
That would have been my recommendation. Or you could have tried just re-uploading the file, might have gotten corrupted the first time?

·
Registered
185 Posts
That would have been my recommendation. Or you could have tried just re-uploading the file, might have gotten corrupted the first time?
Actually, something very strange is happening with the software. It appears to be a bug in the software. When I use the Android Application, it totally leaves out the front left channel from the calibration. The before and after graphs are blank. I reran the calibration on my Samsung Galaxy Tab as well as my Samsung Note 8. Both times, the distance, level, and curve were blank/empty (see attached screenshot).

I reran the calibration with the receiver itself and everything was perfect. In the actual file that you upload, the left front channel is blank. I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

I noticed when Audyssey is activated with this file uploaded, the left front channel is completely absent from the sound.

Speaker detection, results for left front, results for right front are attached. I figure I will post int the MultEQ thread as well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

461 - 480 of 1138 Posts