AVS Forum banner

1281 - 1291 of 1291 Posts

·
Premium Member
91,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,281 ·
I just bought a new av7705 traded in my av7005 for 4K pass through and Dolby atmos.
the darn thing randomly cuts on in Mt man cave. Turning on 3 separate amps with it.
i Just went into network settings control and switched it to off in standby. Two days later it was on again. I checked settings it was back to “on” in standby. Any ideas?
What source does it power on to? Set HDMI-CEC on that source and HDMI Control on the AV7705 both to OFF.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can I use a laptop FLAC server directly with the 7705 or do I need as separate DAC?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a new av7705 traded in my av7005 for 4K pass through and Dolby atmos.
the darn thing randomly cuts on in Mt man cave. Turning on 3 separate amps with it.
i Just went into network settings control and switched it to off in standby. Two days later it was on again. I checked settings it was back to “on” in standby. Any ideas?
Well that didn’t work unit came on again today. I just switched the dhcp off maybe that will help

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Can I use a laptop FLAC server directly with the 7705 or do I need as separate DAC?
Heos would make a more elegant solution then using a laptop direct, which would probably requires an HDMI connection. Heos could see the content of your laptop via your network connection and designate the folders you wanna play back. Flac is no problem for the Marantz via network as long it is 2 ch only files.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have 4k projector and 1080P TV connected to my AV7705. I have had problems switching between the 2. Same thing with a AV7703 I had and previous 1080P Sony Projector.

I just got an Nvidia shield pro, it worked flawlessly with my projector, (NX7) for a couple weeks. 4k was all good. Then I tried running it through my TV, and ever since I get HDMI handshake issues, picture dropouts and flashes of static.

I unplugged everything and it is still doing it. Going to try factory default on AV7705 and Shield Pro next.

I think the AV7705 doesn't like my older 70" Vizio TV.

But this a real annoying issue, anyone have a better idea of what the issue is? Every time I use the TV with the wrong source playing, I have factory default the Marantz...

·
Premium Member
91,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,286 ·
I have 4k projector and 1080P TV connected to my AV7705. I have had problems switching between the 2. Same thing with a AV7703 I had and previous 1080P Sony Projector.

I just got an Nvidia shield pro, it worked flawlessly with my projector, (NX7) for a couple weeks. 4k was all good. Then I tried running it through my TV, and ever since I get HDMI handshake issues, picture dropouts and flashes of static.

I unplugged everything and it is still doing it. Going to try factory default on AV7705 and Shield Pro next.

I think the AV7705 doesn't like my older 70" Vizio TV.

But this a real annoying issue, anyone have a better idea of what the issue is? Every time I use the TV with the wrong source playing, I have factory default the Marantz...
Normally when two different resolution displays are connected, instead of using <HDMI Video Output> (p. 193 Owner's manual) set to the default of "Auto (Dual)", you must set it to either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" depending on which output has the active display connected.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Normally when two different resolution displays are connected, instead of using <HDMI Video Output> (p. 193 Owner's manual) set to the default of "Auto (Dual)", you must set it to either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" depending on which output has the active display connected.
Yes, I forgot to include that. I have always had to manually select monitor 1 or 2 output. 1 is TV, 2 is Projector. So, already doing that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A factory reset of the 7705 fixed it. It must be something with the Vizio, it has been the one constant. I will either replace it with a newer TV or just use the Projector for everything.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi All,
What are you all doing for the best in music playback chains. The 7705 seems to have a decent DAC, but what do i know?
Short of “try it and see,” can anybody tell me their music playback chain?

I default to the internal Spotify interface at 320kbps with an ethernet wired connection.

Without opening the HiRes debate too much, might I get noticeable gains using an external DAC and my computer for streaming?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I've been using HEOS and the remote AVR app playing Amazon Music HD. It shows 96khz 24 bit. Have no way to measure if it's actually playing HD, but it sounds good.

1281 - 1291 of 1291 Posts