AVS Forum banner

3141 - 3152 of 3152 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Is there ATMOS audio support for Apple TV+ content on the FTV4K Stick? I am getting Dolby Vision Picture support, but it seems to be only 5.1 audio. Running the same content through TCL Roku TV and I get Dolby Vision Picture and ATMOS audio support. Just wondering.
No Atmos yet.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
The Roku Channel is Now Available on Fire TV

I was hoping that this would happen eventually on Fire TV with the recent announcement that Roku Channel as a standalone app would be available for Android and iOS devices. I am actually surprised that it happened this quickly. No Roku Channel content integration with Fire TV search with initial testing, but a nice addition / start.
App is a mess, there’s no favorites/watch list which makes it impossible to navigate.

The app does work fine on the Shield tho, I extracted it and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
App is a mess, there’s no favorites/watch list which makes it impossible to navigate.

The app does work fine on the Shield tho, I extracted it and it works fine.
I agree about the mess. It is much the same on the Roku platform.

I don't understand why they haven't put more effort into making it more organized and customizable. I would use it more often and generate more ad revenue for them if they did. They have made the effort to acquire all of this content and then basically have done the equivalent of dumping it all in a 'bargain bin' that they expect you to rummage through over and over for content.

Reactions: Phillihp23

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I agree about the mess. It is much the same on the Roku platform.

I don't understand why they haven't put more effort into making it more organized and customizable. I would use it more often and generate more ad revenue for them if they did. They have made the effort to acquire all of this content and then basically have done the equivalent of dumping it all in a 'bargain bin' that they expect you to rummage through over and over for content.
The only way to sort through all the content (and there’s a hell of a lot of it) is to use JustWatch.

I also noticed they added grey bars to content that doesn’t fill the screen, Why?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there an issue with Atmos audio on the 4K Fire Stick? Purchased one on Prime Day and have it in my Denon AVR-X2300W. I watched Jack Ryan last night on Prime and HDR was fine, Dolby Vision comes through fine with other apps, but the Dolby Atmos audio was only coming across as Digital+. Checked the in app settings for Prime Video and it was selected as Atmos output. I have my receiver setup in a 5.1 setup, but my launch day version of the XBox One, which I hoped to replace with this, has outputted Atmos audio to this receive which it has played fine. Wondering why the stick isn't doing it?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Is there an issue with Atmos audio on the 4K Fire Stick? Purchased one on Prime Day and have it in my Denon AVR-X2300W. I watched Jack Ryan last night on Prime and HDR was fine, Dolby Vision comes through fine with other apps, but the Dolby Atmos audio was only coming across as Digital+. Checked the in app settings for Prime Video and it was selected as Atmos output. I have my receiver setup in a 5.1 setup, but my launch day version of the XBox One, which I hoped to replace with this, has outputted Atmos audio to this receive which it has played fine. Wondering why the stick isn't doing it?
There have been times in the past when Amazon gets things fouled up at the server end and ATMOS doesn’t work. Outside of those specific times I’ve never had any issues with ATMOS on Prime on any of my FireTV Stick 4ks. Tell me what specific Season x Episode were you trying and I can test it.

Just tried one at random, 2 x 8 and it played with ATMOS no problem...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Browsers on a FireTV Stick

I have a couple 4K sticks and am not happy with the officially supported browsers, Silk or Firefox. On the World Superbike feed, Silk shows a lot of breakup, which I do not see on a laptop. Firefox is missing a lot of control features on the same site, makes it hard to FF. Anybody know of a better browser? A quick search turned up some good comments on Puffin, especially on video processing.

I will try a Puffin download, if I can find one that does not also include a lot of bloatware.

No, it is not a bandwidth issue; I have >180 Mb/s measured at the Fire stick. The MotoGP dedicated app is flawless on the same stick, got to compare them this weekend.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The MotoGP dedicated app is flawless on the same stick, got to compare them this weekend.
Last time I checked, which was early last season, the MotoGP app is only 720p while you get the full 1080p from the silk browser -- measured from the Amazon x-ray app. If puffin doesn't solve the issue, maybe you should try casting SBK from desktop/phone?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Last time I checked, which was early last season, the MotoGP app is only 720p while you get the full 1080p from the silk browser -- measured from the Amazon x-ray app. If puffin doesn't solve the issue, maybe you should try casting SBK from desktop/phone?
My MotoGP feed is 1080p through the dedicated app, not a browser, just checked it. Silk offers lower resolutions in addition to 1080p. My TV is 4K.
My alternate to using the Fire TV Stick is to connect a laptop to my AVR through an HMDI cable and run a fast browser, bypassing the streamer. I would prefer to watch through the streamer, makes it simpler.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My MotoGP feed is 1080p through the dedicated app, not a browser, just checked it. Silk offers lower resolutions in addition to 1080p. My TV is 4K.
My alternate to using the Fire TV Stick is to connect a laptop to my AVR through an HMDI cable and run a fast browser, bypassing the streamer. I would prefer to watch through the streamer, makes it simpler.
Gotcha. I went with PC over HDMI since the early version of the app was terrible and I haven't looked back. I just got used to the annoyance of pulling out the keyboard, etc. You might need to wait for SBK to catch up -- odd since they're both run by Dorna.

3141 - 3152 of 3152 Posts