AVS Forum banner

4001 - 4020 of 4047 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello- I posted this question about the Cube but the problem would be the same for Fire sticks and there are many more participants here. I just bought a Cube- there are many reports of lip sync issues with it. I've now got lip sync issues big time. Anyone find a solution? I'm not gonna use the sync feature, too much trouble- I turned off Match Frame Rate, which did help, but not enough. Also turned off all unneccessary services, apps, etc and emptied caches, which is a great thing to do to speed up both the stick and cube. Thank you

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hello- I posted this question about the Cube but the problem would be the same for Fire sticks and there are many more participants here. I just bought a Cube- there are many reports of lip sync issues with it. I've now got lip sync issues big time. Anyone find a solution? I'm not gonna use the sync feature, too much trouble- I turned off Match Frame Rate, which did help, but not enough. Also turned off all unneccessary services, apps, etc and emptied caches, which is a great thing to do to speed up both the stick and cube. Thank you
where do you have the issue? I have only had the issue in Kodi & Jellyfin for local content. I haven't had the issue with any streaming apps.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
And you have already made the appropriate adjustment in Settings, Display & Sounds, Audio, AV Sync Tuning? It literally takes less than a minute.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks. The lip sync timing varies but is always constant- using the sync tuning would not be a permanent fix and my guess is would need to be redone with each film, or even within a film. if i don't find a real fix the box is going back, i don't trust that the sync tuning would last.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Thanks. The lip sync timing varies but is always constant- using the sync tuning would not be a permanent fix and my guess is would need to be redone with each film, or even within a film. if i don't find a real fix the box is going back, i don't trust that the sync tuning would last.
Maybe it won’t work, but trying it costs nothing but a minute or so of your time…🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
FYI for anyone with the PEACOCK app (Peacock TV – (Android TV) 1.5.14 Version) sideloaded on their FTV4K device. Profile supported was added today and 5.1 audio support is being reported by some.

Reactions: davcole and galonzo

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is correct…at least for the profile part I noticed so far. I just clicked on the app. to open it and this is the screen that appeared.

Reactions: blade005

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
I can no longer get Dolby Vision (or regular HDR) and Dolby Atmos working on HBO Max. No other apps are having this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve tried checking for updates, uninstalling the app, restarting the stick, unplugging it from HDMI and back in. Nothing fixes it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I can no longer get Dolby Vision (or regular HDR) and Dolby Atmos working on HBO Max. No other apps are having this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve tried checking for updates, uninstalling the app, restarting the stick, unplugging it from HDMI and back in. Nothing fixes it.
You’re right. Same here. But it’s still working on my Chromecast w/GTV. So it’s specific to the Fire.

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
You’re right. Same here. But it’s still working on my Chromecast w/GTV. So it’s specific to the Fire.
Checked my PS5, same problem there. I took a look at Reddit and apparently HBO broke the app with the last update.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The latest HBO Max app update (50.30.0.252) broke it.

You can rollback and let HBO know.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
HBO Max did update on Fire TV to 50.30.0.252 on June 2nd and is likely part of the problem.

I checked the HBO Max app on a TCL Roku TV that supports DV / HDR and Dolby ATMOS. Both are working on the Roku / HBO Max app.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It appears that a Fire TV OS version update is rolling out that may correct the issues. See my testing below on FTV4K devices that are still on version NS6280/3233 and a couple that have updated to NS6280/3236.

I think it is a Fire TV OS version and HBO Max app compatibility issue. HBO Max updated their app on Apple TV this week and mucked a whole bunch of things up, including HDR and DV support. Perhaps something on the server side of HBO Max was changed and also is not playing nice with other hardware platforms, including some Fire TV devices.

I checked the HBO Max app on a TCL Roku TV that supports DV / HDR and Dolby ATMOS. Both are working on the Roku / HBO Max app.

I have four (4) FTV4K devices:
  • Two (2) are on Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233)
    • HBO Max - Version 50.30.0.252
      1. TCL Roku 4K TV is DV / HDR and Dolby ATMOS capable. It is not displaying a DV or HDR picture. Dolby ATMOS audio is recognized.
  • Two (2) are on Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3236)
    • HBO Max - Version 50.30.0.252
      1. TCL Roku 4K TV that is HDR capable is displaying HDR picture. No ATMOS hardware to test.
      2. 1080p projector connected to Dolby ATMOS soundbar with FTV4K is playing Dolby ATMOS audio.
From my FTV4K hardware and Fire OS versions tested, it appears that an update to NS6280/3236 from 3233 gets things back to working for DV / HDR picture support. I didn't see a Dolby ATMOS audio support issue on Fire OS version 3233 or 3236. The HBO Max version on the Fire TV does not seem to be the issue.

One of my FTV4K devices updated to version 3236 two days ago. One updated today. The other two are still sitting on version 3233. I check for updates on a daily basis, but it is not unusual for there to be a few days delay before all devices receive the same update. I would be patient and wait to see the Fire OS version NS6280/3236 update and then check HBO Max for DV / HDR and Dolby ATMOS audio support.
I updated to 3236 first, tested the previous HBO MAX version, DV/Atmos both played without issue.

Updated HBO MAX to 50.30.0.252, tested again, no DV/Atmos.

Its the app, not the firmware.

(Also tested all other DV/Atmos-capable apps, all played normally as they should)

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
I’m on 3236 on the Fire Stick and having the issue. Definitely not the Fire Stick software being the problem.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I updated to 3236 first, tested the previous HBO MAX version, DV/Atmos both played without issue.

Updated HBO MAX to 50.30.0.252, tested again, no DV/Atmos.

Its the app, not the firmware.

(Also tested all other DV/Atmos-capable apps, all played normally as they should)
Ah. Okay.

Seems strange since I am getting ATMOS on devices that are on 3233 and 3236. I am getting HDR on a device that is on 3236. It is a display that is not DV capable. All are on HBO Max version 50.30.0.252.

Who knows.....

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
Ah. Okay.

Seems strange since I am getting ATMOS on devices that are on 3233 and 3236. I am getting HDR on a device that is on 3236. It is a display that is not DV capable. All are on HBO Max version 50.30.0.252.

Who knows.....
Maybe this is breaking it only for devices that are DV compatible and not allowing it to roll back to HDR either. I tested on my old Samsung TV and I’m getting HDR but that TV doesn’t support DV or Atmos.

4001 - 4020 of 4047 Posts