AVS Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 2898 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,086 Posts
Mine has worked before until Friday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Try disconnecting the HDMI cable(or the Stick itself) and re-connecting it. The Stick is notorious for being finicky about the HDMI connection and often a reseating can fix odd signal issues.

·
UHD Addict
37,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,864
I've been using that adapter into a G-bit network for years and never a single issue. Highly recommended, it has several times more throughput than you need for 4K HDR streaming.
And also over the FireTV 4K Stick wireless, it has many times the bandwidth needed for streaming UHD. I can get around 300Mb/s throughput over wireless with my two FireTV 4K Sticks. It gets the highest throughput I've seen over wifi from any of my streaming devices. For instances my Rokus only top out around 130 to 140Mb/s throughput.

·
UHD Addict
37,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,865
So no one here is experiencing half second audio drop outs every once in a while???

Seems very common from the posts I saw....
Not once, ever, but I use Ethernet instead of wifi. You might try doing the same.
No issues here. And I'm using wifi.

·
Registered
173 Posts
2nd FS and no Atmos

Amazon sent me a new FS. Even with new one no Atmos. Searching thru netflix(which I even upgraded to 4k premium level) and prime, I never see the ATMOS audio tag on 4k UHD titles. I think I am going bonkers! Surely I am doing something wrong, wrong setting or wrong something. I am at a total loss???? Any thoughts, is anyone else having these issues? Maybe my stream speed thru AT&T is not high enough??

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Amazon sent me a new FS. Even with new one no Atmos. Searching thru netflix(which I even upgraded to 4k premium level) and prime, I never see the ATMOS audio tag on 4k UHD titles. I think I am going bonkers! Surely I am doing something wrong, wrong setting or wrong something. I am at a total loss???? Any thoughts, is anyone else having these issues? Maybe my stream speed thru AT&T is not high enough??
On the netflix website in Account settings, have you set "Data Usage per Screen" to "High"?

·
Registered
173 Posts
On the netflix website in Account settings, have you set "Data Usage per Screen" to "High"?
No I have not! I will check that out as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you Mr!!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
No I have not! I will check that out as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you Mr!!!!

In my experience, few titles on Netflix or Prime have ATMOS audio. There are some, but not nearly as many as I expected to see.

Make sure whatever you're watching is actually sending ATMOS before torturing yourself trying to get it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In my experience, few titles on Netflix or Prime have ATMOS audio. There are some, but not nearly as many as I expected to see.

Make sure whatever you're watching is actually sending ATMOS before torturing yourself trying to get it.
Thank you DougDingle! I can not find a single title with the dolby atmos tag in the title. Jack Ryan and some others I have searched for, its just not there. I know my receiver does atmos because it will on BD disc. But not this FS. OH well. The audio does sound good in DD+ but just thought atmos should be there

·
UHD Addict
37,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,871
So does the stick now have atmos from Netflix? There are a bunch of netflix titles with atmos, but the last time I checked it wasnt with the 4K fireTV stick.

If so, then I can use it instead of my atv 4k for dv/atmos content on netflix.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

·
Registered
173 Posts
So does the stick now have atmos from Netflix? There are a bunch of netflix titles with atmos, but the last time I checked it wasnt with the 4K fireTV stick.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
The netflix rep said if I moved up to premium tier, it would be there. But as I said, I cant find any. I beginning to think its all a scam!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

Sorry, no idea. My FireTV 4K stick just got here an hour ago.

In the past, Netflix and Prime have both 'probed' the customer's hardware before presenting choices, and only presented content in the formats the customer's hardware supported. So if you had an HD display or an AVR with HDCP 1.4 support, it would not show you UHD content in the listings.

I don't know if that's still true, or if so, if it's true for audio as well as for video.

I'll be firing up the Firestick tomorrow, and will play around to see what's what. My system (Denon 4300 AVR with 7.2.4 output, LG 65E6 display that supports DV and HDR10) tends to max out the deliverables formats when the streaming hardware supports it.

The BF discount on the stick was to big to ignore, and it was time I replaced my Gen2 Fire box anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
On Prime Video there are two versions of the shows. For some reason they diveded out the 4K versions (which are the only ones with Atmos) as a separate show on it's own page.
On mine Jack Ryan shows up as 4K UHD but there is no dolby atmos box in the description. And on yours there is a dolby atmos box in the description??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry, no idea. My FireTV 4K stick just got here an hour ago.

In the past, Netflix and Prime have both 'probed' the customer's hardware before presenting choices, and only presented content in the formats the customer's hardware supported. So if you had an HD display or an AVR with HDCP 1.4 support, it would not show you UHD content in the listings.

I don't know if that's still true, or if so, if it's true for audio as well as for video.

I'll be firing up the Firestick tomorrow, and will play around to see what's what. My system (Denon 4300 AVR with 7.2.4 output, LG 65E6 display that supports DV and HDR10) tends to max out the deliverables formats when the streaming hardware supports it.

The BF discount on the stick was to big to ignore, and it was time I replaced my Gen2 Fire box anyway.
That is prolly still true. The discount price was too good to pass up!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
On Prime Video there are two versions of the shows. For some reason they diveded out the 4K versions (which are the only ones with Atmos) as a separate show on it's own page.
In USA there are two versions, indeed, but some other countries there is only one version available for 4k/1080p/Atmos/DD+.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
On mine Jack Ryan shows up as 4K UHD but there is no dolby atmos box in the description. And on yours there is a dolby atmos box in the description??
I will have to check again, I do remember getting ATMOS, but I can't remember on which device.
I've been doing testing of streaming from my TV, Xbox, and the Fire 4K stick. I get a little mixed up which device allowed what protocol.

I've only recently started playing with the fire stick. For streaming I usually use the XBOX while my wife usually uses the stick.

I "borrowed" the stick and brought it to the cave to assess whether I want a second one.

Also I think I've heard there is an audio setting on the stick, so I need to check that too.

1861 - 1880 of 2898 Posts