AVS Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2973 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I am and of course I will try and see what I like most but I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried it out and had any input especially if you have a true surround set up and thus a better sense of the differences in their space. I am understanding it correctly though that I can use audyssey only with the Dolby Speaker Virtualizer?
With your particular model yes, as only the upper models are able to use Audyssey with DTS Virtual:X.

Ok. Good to know although it is a letdown that you can't, especially since it seems to be a processing power limitation of all things in our day and age, from a little digging I did. Still wouldn't want to move to a more expensive 4500h just for that and lose the newer features of the 3600, hdcp 2.3/newer Bluetooth etc etc.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Just one of the things you should do, though that gets rid of a dip around 2KHz.

In the last couple weeks, there has been a lot of discussion about the 3600, the app, and curves over on Audio Science, might be worth your time to read through it.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audyssey-room-eq-review.12746/
He also held the friggin Audyssey mic in his hand while running the tones and took measurements behind him. Probably contributed to his less than stellar results.

·
Registered
266 Posts
X3600h
YouTube casting..?

Is there a means to cast/mirror YouTube video and audio from Android device?

Or a direct app feed to AVR ?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the X3600H and seem to have a variation of the #5 problem under Known Issues except my TV is a 4K Samsung 2019 QN82Q90R and it only happens with my Sony UBP-X800 Bluray player. With the X3600 playing on the TV, it shows a blank screen and no sound. (not even the basic App screen the player shows on startup) Every other connection works fine - Sat box, Zappiti media player and X-Box, (switched connections around...only the BR blanked)

Here's what's got me beating my head on this - the main reason I went with the Denon was to be able to output 2 HDMI signals without a splitter - one to the TV and the other to my Epson faux-K projector. I manually select Main 1 or 2 depending which I'm watching on and EVERYTHING plays fine on the projector.

Switch to Main 2 (projector) with bluray - sound and picture. Switch to Main 1 (TV), no sound, no picture. Pick another input, picture and sound. Disconnect bluray from AVR and plug into another HDMI input on the TV - you guessed it - picture and sound.

I admit, I didn't go through all 78 pages before posting this, but I did a key word search and clicked through about 15 pages and couldn't find any other posts about this issue. Has anyone run into this or know if they're making headway in fixing it? I don't know for sure if it's the receiver or TV, but Denon does say they're working the 8K version of the problem, but their "workaround" has no effect.

:serious:

·
Premium Member
88,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,325
I have the X3600H and seem to have a variation of the #5 problem under Known Issues except my TV is a 4K Samsung 2019 QN82Q90R and it only happens with my Sony UBP-X800 Bluray player. With the X3600 playing on the TV, it shows a blank screen and no sound. (not even the basic App screen the player shows on startup) Every other connection works fine - Sat box, Zappiti media player and X-Box, (switched connections around...only the BR blanked)

Here's what's got me beating my head on this - the main reason I went with the Denon was to be able to output 2 HDMI signals without a splitter - one to the TV and the other to my Epson faux-K projector. I manually select Main 1 or 2 depending which I'm watching on and EVERYTHING plays fine on the projector.

Switch to Main 2 (projector) with bluray - sound and picture. Switch to Main 1 (TV), no sound, no picture. Pick another input, picture and sound. Disconnect bluray from AVR and plug into another HDMI input on the TV - you guessed it - picture and sound.

I admit, I didn't go through all 78 pages before posting this, but I did a key word search and clicked through about 15 pages and couldn't find any other posts about this issue. Has anyone run into this or know if they're making headway in fixing it? I don't know for sure if it's the receiver or TV, but Denon does say they're working the 8K version of the problem, but their "workaround" has no effect.

:serious:
Have tried connecting the BDP to one of the three rightmost HDMI inputs (ie. Medial Player, Aux 2, CD)?

Also try powering on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, BDP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have tried connecting the BDP to one of the three rightmost HDMI inputs (ie. Medial Player, Aux 2, CD)?

Also try powering on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, BDP.
Yes - no go. When the bluray is selected, it gives a black screen and acts like it knows something is there because if the bluray is turned off or I select an input that doesn't have anything plugged into it, it displays the DENON logo.

I just don't see why it'll pass through fine to the projector but not the TV when the TV by itself will take the bluray input.

·
Registered
138 Posts
@Beerrun, do you plan to seek technical support at Denon for help? It might take a couple days under present conditions. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
X3600H vs X4500H at the same price point

Hi guys, didn't know if I should post this here or in the 2018 thread since the topic spans both so I'll just start here. So I have been out of the HT world for a while and now with the state of things and not being able to goto the theater I have been looking into setting up a system at home. After much research I decided to go with a X3600H but it looks like they are pretty much sold out everywhere. I reached out to a retailer and they confirmed they didnt have any in stock but they did offer to sell me the X4500H at the same $1099 msrp price point. Just wanted to get some feedback that between the two models since I can get them for the same price would you go with the 4500H? I know it has more power but since it is a year older is there anything I would lose out on that the newer X3600H has?

The only thing I can think of would be the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization but I will be using 4 in-ceiling speakers for the atmos channels so I dont think this matters at all.

Thank you!

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
559 Posts
Hi guys, didn't know if I should post this here or in the 2018 thread since the topic spans both so I'll just start here. So I have been out of the HT world for a while and now with the state of things and not being able to goto the theater I have been looking into setting up a system at home. After much research I decided to go with a X3600H but it looks like they are pretty much sold out everywhere. I reached out to a retailer and they confirmed they didnt have any in stock but they did offer to sell me the X4500H at the same $1099 msrp price point. Just wanted to get some feedback that between the two models since I can get them for the same price would you go with the 4500H? I know it has more power but since it is a year older is there anything I would lose out on that the newer X3600H has?

The only thing I can think of would be the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization but I will be using 4 in-ceiling speakers for the atmos channels so I dont think this matters at all.

Thank you!
You are in luck, @dfa973 did a full comparison of all features of those 2 models:
Gain/Loss comparison of Denon AVR-X3600H vs X4500H

Reactions: dfa973

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks - I'll call them as soon as I know I'm free for a couple hours. I'm trying a couple other things right now.
Had this in my setup, Sr7011 and Sony 800 BRplayer, I had changed some video setting in the Sony and had problems spreaded even on other Hdmi inputs. Reverting the changes solved the issues. Sorry I can't be more precise right now.
Regards
Alessandro

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cable Box to AVR

I am receiving my Denon 750 today. I look over the online manual to get ahead. I have a Visio P65 quantum X.
If I am going to connect the cable box to the Denon and Denon to TV do I need to worry about ARC or EARC.

Thank You
Don

·
Premium Member
88,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,333
I am receiving my Denon 750 today. I look over the online manual to get ahead. I have a Visio P65 quantum X.
If I am going to connect the cable box to the Denon and Denon to TV do I need to worry about ARC or EARC.

Thank You
Don
AFAIK, your TV only supports ARC, not eARC.

ARC = Audio Return Channel

This refers to passing the audio from the TV's smart apps back to your S750H. If you don't plan on doing that (eg. possibly instead using a Roku, AppleTV, Firestick, etc. connected directly to the AVR for streaming apps), then no, you don't need to worry about ARC.

·
Registered
75 Posts
AFAIK, your TV only supports ARC, not eARC.

ARC = Audio Return Channel

This refers to passing the audio from the TV's smart apps back to your S750H. If you don't plan on doing that (eg. possibly instead using a Roku, AppleTV, Firestick, etc. connected directly to the AVR for streaming apps), then no, you don't need to worry about ARC.
Thank You
Don

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Comparison: What can DTS Virtual: X and Dolby Surround do with Virtualizer?

DTS: X or Dolby Atmos: Can't you set up and hang up as many speakers as are actually needed? "No problem," says the industry: "Virtual speakers can complement that." Is that true? LowBeats puts it to the test and shows what DTS Virtual: X and Dolby can do today - and what not. We have made a variety of artificial head recordings.
More - including demos - at https://www.lowbeats.de/vergleich-was-koennen-dts-virtualx-und-dolby-surround-mit-virtualizer/

The comparison is made with a Denon AVR-X3600H receiver and is in german, but it can be auto-translated by Google just fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know what's going on with the 3600? It is out of stock pretty much everywhere, and I'm hoping it isn't already discontinued. I've had my eye on one for quite a while now as I am expecting to install 5.1.4 in the next couple months during my basement finishing. Sounds like some people are getting the older 4500 instead, but I was really intrigued by the 3600.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anybody have experience using the 6500H with eARC and a Sony TV. I have a Sony 950G and need (want) to upgrade the receiver I am currently using. I am also considering a lower end model in this case, but the key is eARC.

Thanks,
I have the Sony XBR950G and I am using the eARC feature with my Denon X3600H receiver. I get full eARC support meaning I am running one HDMI cable from my TV to the Denon and I get audio pass thru. I mostly use Android TV on the Sony to play everything (Youtube, Kodi with Dolby Atmos) and Denon shows Dolby Atmos when content has it. 6500H should be the same with this Sony.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know what's going on with the 3600? It is out of stock pretty much everywhere, and I'm hoping it isn't already discontinued. I've had my eye on one for quite a while now as I am expecting to install 5.1.4 in the next couple months during my basement finishing. Sounds like some people are getting the older 4500 instead, but I was really intrigued by the 3600.
I think its the pandemic effect with Chinese factories not supplying goods in full capacity for the newer 3600H. 4500H is an older unit with inventory probably already in USA.

·
Registered
673 Posts
you can see from the results that the X3600H is more akin to the X4000 series than the X3000 series - unlike the X3500H, it tested out incredibly well. Actually, it demolished the entire field of tested AVRs. :)

It actually demolished not only the tested AVRs but the AVPs as well except the $4500 Emotiva RMC-1. That's just the FL/FR channels with the power amps disconnected. Without that trick, it still equal or beat the Marantz AVP, the AV7705 slightly at 2 V (RCA), 4 V (XLR) for the AV7705 and beat it in other areas such as IMD and DR.

And with the amp disconnect tricks, it actually beat the $4500 AV8805 too. At $1,099, the AVR-X3600H is practically number two in the D+M line if used as a preamp processor, and number one if used as a preamp/DAC for two channel use, or still number one (that is, topping the AV8805) if used as a full blown 7.1.4 preamp processor if used with power amps rated up to 225 WPC and has gain >= 29 dB.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Comparison: What can DTS Virtual: X and Dolby Surround do with Virtualizer?

More - including demos - at https://www.lowbeats.de/vergleich-was-koennen-dts-virtualx-und-dolby-surround-mit-virtualizer/

The comparison is made with a Denon AVR-X3600H receiver and is in german, but it can be auto-translated by Google just fine.
Thanks for that! I hope Denon fixes the DAHV issue on my x2600 that results in dialog bleeding out of the surrounds.

To paraphrase JD (I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong) I remember him saying that he brought up the issue as reported by me and at least one other member to Denon and they said they acknowledged the issue but it wasn't an issue with the DAHV decoder, but rather the general Dolby Digital decoder.

I run a traditional 5.1 system and whenever I use DAHV on PCM 2.0 signals with a lot of dialog (think news reporter) the voice is suddenly wide and all over...... kind of like using All Channel Stereo.

Now with 2.0 music it actually sounds good, but I hate having to grab the remote to switch sound modes with different content.... some don't mind it, but I do.

Hopefully Denon is working on a firmware fix, but if not, it's really not a big loss and I would tell anyone who reads this and is buying a new AVR, to not let DAHV be a factor in their purchase in any way, shape or form.

2321 - 2340 of 2973 Posts