AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2962 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. The main zone HDMI monitor outputs on the X2600H can both pass audio as well as video when the is set to "TV"; however, then no audio is passed to the main zone surround speakers.
2. Correct.
3. The audio is only down mixed to PCM 2.0 if that is what the Zone 2 HDMI sink is only capable of receiving.

ok great thanks for your answers !
For the best Multi Zone (ZONE2) HDMI video/audio I think the X3600H will be then the best most conventiant option for me ?
the X2600H is basicually than not capable of this, on what I want to achieve I think.. ?
I then for example have to use an HDMI splitter and change the TV Audio Out settings everytime to TV, in order to get both video/audio signals to my second room (ZONE2) with the X2600H ?
Do I see this correct.. ?

Does the X3600H also supports bitstream audio to a second zone.. ?
Do you know this.
For example can it passtrough DTS/AC3 signals to the second zone, or will it only always be 2.0 PCM audio signals.. ?

I hope you can give me some answers on this one, thanks in advance,

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the HDMI sink the Zone 2 HDMI monitor output is connected to (ie. TV, AVR, sound bar) is able to accept multi channel audio, then yes.
Just want to confirm. So what you are saying is if I have another AVR in zone 2(with 3.1 support), I will get 3.1 in zone 2

or a 5.1 atmos soundbar (Example - Samsung Q90 dolby atmos soundbar) I will be able to get atmos in zone 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If someone here can suggest if this whole zone 2 audio video concept is practical. Here is my full planned set up-

Zone 1 - LG cinebeam ultrashort throw projector, Denon AVR 3600H, 5.1.4 KEF or Polk With all the various audio and video sources

Zone 2 - 60 to 65 inch 4k OLED, A basic amplifier or Samsung Q90 R soundbar or even any other 3.1 soundbar with 4k passthrough No sources in this room

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,403
ok great thanks for your answers !
For the best Multi Zone (ZONE2) HDMI video/audio I think the X3600H will be then the best most conventiant option for me ?
the X2600H is basicually than not capable of this, on what I want to achieve I think.. ?
I then for example have to use an HDMI splitter and change the TV Audio Out settings everytime to TV, in order to get both video/audio signals to my second room (ZONE2) with the X2600H ?
Do I see this correct.. ?

Does the X3600H also supports bitstream audio to a second zone.. ?
Do you know this.
For example can it passtrough DTS/AC3 signals to the second zone, or will it only always be 2.0 PCM audio signals.. ?

I hope you can give me some answers on this one, thanks in advance,
1. Yes.
2. The X3600H will pass whatever the Zone 2 HDMI sink can receive. If the source is DD/DTS 5.1 and the Zone 2 TV (or another AVR) can accept DD/DTS 5.1, then that is what will pass to the Zone 2 HDMI sink.

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,404
Just want to confirm. So what you are saying is if I have another AVR in zone 2(with 3.1 support), I will get 3.1 in zone 2

or a 5.1 atmos soundbar (Example - Samsung Q90 dolby atmos soundbar) I will be able to get atmos in zone 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If someone here can suggest if this whole zone 2 audio video concept is practical. Here is my full planned set up-

Zone 1 - LG cinebeam ultrashort throw projector, Denon AVR 3600H, 5.1.4 KEF or Polk With all the various audio and video sources

Zone 2 - 60 to 65 inch 4k OLED, A basic amplifier or Samsung Q90 R soundbar or even any other 3.1 soundbar with 4k passthrough No sources in this room
Correct. The Zone 2 HDMI monitor output will pass whatever signal the Zone 2 TV, AVR, sound bar can receive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
X3600H 5.1 config....
Hello, wanted to see how some use:

Favorite sound modes for:

Music:
FLAC
MP3 local library
Spotify
Turntable vinyl source

Movies:
Stream
Blu-ray disc

Thank you //

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. Yes.
2. The X3600H will pass whatever the Zone 2 HDMI sink can receive. If the source is DD/DTS 5.1 and the Zone 2 TV (or another AVR) can accept DD/DTS 5.1, then that is what will pass to the Zone 2 HDMI sink.
Great, thanks thats a great answer to my question !
I'm going to return my X2600H to Amazon and order an X3600H.

Thanks so far !

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,407
Great, thanks thats a great answer to my question !
I'm going to return my X2600H to Amazon and order an X3600H.

Thanks so far !
While waiting for the upgrade model (in both features and audio quality using XT32), review posts 1-8 for some general helpful information to include a section on Zone 2 in post 3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While waiting for the upgrade model (in both features and audio quality using XT32), review posts 1-8 for some general helpful information to include a section on Zone 2 in post 3.
Ok thanks for your message !
I have read the first post again, I think perhaps you mean that this also gives all the info about upgrading to an X3600H from an X2600H you mean.. ?
All my answers are basicually answered over there you mean.. ?

If I am btw also seeing this correctly, there will be no new models from this series not until summer of 2021 .. ?
Am I correct ?

Looking forward to your answers again, thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,409
Ok thanks for your message !
I have read the first post again, I think perhaps you mean that this also gives all the info about upgrading to an X3600H from an X2600H you mean.. ?
All my answers are basicually answered over there you mean.. ?

If I am btw also seeing this correctly, there will be no new models from this series not until summer of 2021 .. ?
Am I correct ?

Looking forward to your answers again, thanks in advance,
Sound United (parent company of Denon/Marantz) is supposed to be making a public announcement in the next few weeks regarding what new 2020 models will be released. The only thing known for sure is the 2018 models (X4500H/X6500H) that weren't replaced last year will be replaced with new HDMI 2.1 models later this summer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sound United (parent company of Denon/Marantz) is supposed to be making a public announcement in the next few weeks regarding what new 2020 models will be released. The only thing known for sure is the 2018 models (X4500H/X6500H) that weren't replaced last year will be replaced with new HDMI 2.1 models later this summer.
ok thanks, Im already seeing less and less stock here available (X2600H and X3600H in particular ) here in Europe The Netherlands.
I think perhaps some new models will be launched soon, but of course I can only guess.

Since the first post of this thread, had the following note :
Note: All of these 2019 models are expected to be continued for the 2020 model year and not be replaced until summer 2021

I thought this info was perhaps correct..

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,411 (Edited)
ok thanks, Im already seeing less and less stock here available (X2600H and X3600H in particular ) here in Europe The Netherlands.
I think perhaps some new models will be launched soon, but of course I can only guess.

Since the first post of this thread, had the following note :
Note: All of these 2019 models are expected to be continued for the 2020 model year and not be replaced until summer 2021

I thought this info was perhaps correct..
It is based on information gleened from product rep and SU YouTube videos that have been released over the past year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is based on information gleened from YouTube videos that have been released over the past year.
Aah ok, I see thanks
What do you personally think, regarding new models..
Do you expect them soon, or do you perhaps think there will be lots of new features.. ?

When I trade in my X2600H to an X3600H, the X3600H will have all the features I need I think + totally 4K /60FPS future ready which is more than enough for me I think..

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. The main zone HDMI monitor outputs on the X2600H can both pass audio as well as video when the is set to "TV"; however, then no audio is passed to the main zone surround speakers.
2. Correct.
3. The audio is only down mixed to PCM 2.0 if that is what the Zone 2 HDMI sink is only capable of receiving.

I presume btw that if ZONE2 HDMI is captable of recieving multi channel 5.1/7.1 PCM audio for example, that that will also work.. ?
Or is it always limited to 2.0 PCM Sound on ZONE 2 HDMI.. ?

Perhaps I misunderstood you.. ?

·
Premium Member
87,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,414
I presume btw that if ZONE2 HDMI is captable of recieving multi channel 5.1/7.1 PCM audio for example, that that will also work.. ?
Or is it always limited to 2.0 PCM Sound on ZONE 2 HDMI.. ?

Perhaps I misunderstood you.. ?
Last time ... whatever the Zone 2 HDMI monitor output sink can receive, the AVR will pass it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
X3600H 5.1 config....
Hello, wanted to see how some use:

Favorite sound modes for:

Music:
FLAC
MP3 local library
Spotify
Turntable vinyl source

Movies:
Stream
Blu-ray disc

Thank you //

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
For anything music, I always prefer the Stereo mode as it keeps the Audessey settings and my 2 subs enabled. For movies, its usually on the Auto setup meaning the my 3600X decides what mode to use based on signal received. Most cases it is DD+ Dolby Surr

·
Registered
75 Posts
For anything music, I always prefer the Stereo mode as it keeps the Audessey settings and my 2 subs enabled. For movies, its usually on the Auto setup meaning the my 3600X decides what mode to use based on signal received. Most cases it is DD+ Dolby Surr
I am having a problem. I have a Denon and a AVR750H. I have a cable box and a Vizio P 65 quantum X. First problem when I go to one of the apps on the Visio the I get is what is coming through the set-top box which is whatever the TV station I was on. I do not get the sound when playing Netflix or prime. What setting do I have wrong.
Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Last time ... whatever the Zone 2 HDMI monitor output sink can receive, the AVR will pass it.
Ok thx for your answer !
I guess I needed some extra confirmation answer on this one.

Anyway, I was btw wondering how it works in with the audio for MAIN ZONE 1 when using ZONE 2 HDMI in an second room.
For example do I then need to Mute MAIN Zone for example, when I am enjoying my content in ZONE 2 Room.. ?
Or how does this go, it is not entirely clear to me how this works in practice.

I hope you or someone else here can give me an answer on this question ?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am having a problem. I have a Denon and a AVR750H. I have a cable box and a Vizio P 65 quantum X. First problem when I go to one of the apps on the Visio the I get is what is coming through the set-top box which is whatever the TV station I was on. I do not get the sound when playing Netflix or prime. What setting do I have wrong.
Thank you
Hard to tell for me where your problem is as I have neither a Vizio nor a 750H. I have a Sony that I use to stream everything (TV, Music via different apps and Kodi to stream movies) from the TV to my 3600H. I use a single HDMI cable to the eARC port that takes care of everything. I have 4 Dolby Atmos speakers in my ceiling that work well when the content is present in the source.

I do have an external BluRay player that I hardly ever use as I mostly watch movies online. I did have to connect an optical cable to get sound from the Blue-Ray to my Denon on top of my HDMI cable that connected those two devices. I have not spend time to figure out why as I dont use that combination often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It seems the Cable/SAT HDMI input on my x3600 has died. Moved the cable to AUX2 and it works. Tried my bluray player on this port and it doesn't work either. I tried the microprocessor reset with no change. Should I try the factory firmware reset? Luckily there is a service center close to me, but they couldn't tell me how long it would take to even diagnose the issue because of staffing shortages.

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
557 Posts
Aah ok, I see thanks
What do you personally think, regarding new models..
Do you expect them soon, or do you perhaps think there will be lots of new features.. ?
He already answered those questions: "The only thing known for sure is the 2018 models (X4500H/X6500H) that weren't replaced last year will be replaced with new HDMI 2.1 models later this summer."

X3700H is not expected this year, so you should be just fine buying a 3600 now. But, if you are concerned, you can wait a few weeks for the announcement.

As for the current shortage, that is due to COVID19 shutting down the Korean plant. Stock is expected to return to normal over the next few weeks.

2401 - 2420 of 2962 Posts