AVS Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2928 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, a week or so ago I posted about whether or not to get a 3600 or 4500 if the price was the same. I got directed to the comparison post which in the end helped me to just go with the 3600. I ordered a 3600 bundled with a HEOS speaker for $1099. Just got the shipment yesterday and they sent a 4500H. So now I'm torn on what to do. I already reached out to the vendor and they told me the 4500H is a nice upgrade over the 3600H and the firmware it shipped with will need to be upgraded to the latest once I hook it up which will give me the latest features similar to the 3600H.

I think the only 2 features that I cared about that I would lose would be the HDCP2.3 and the bluetooth based on the comparison.

HDCP2.3

I think the HDCP2.3 debate can go either way about whether it really is that important since 8K content isn't really out there. Second, I don't have an 8K TV anyways and it would probably be a long time before I would get one.

Bluetooth

The bluetooth feature has me a bit confused. Based on the post it is listed as a gain for the 3600H (Bluetooth transmitter (feature delivered via future firmware update - delivered in Nov/Dec 2019)) but I see bluetooth listed on the 4500H and the seller also mentioned that with the newer firmware it would add "some additional Bluetooth functionality". Can anyone help me understand the difference on the Bluetooth functionality between the two?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,422
Hey guys, a week or so ago I posted about whether or not to get a 3600 or 4500 if the price was the same. I got directed to the comparison post which in the end helped me to just go with the 3600. I ordered a 3600 bundled with a HEOS speaker . Just got the shipment yesterday and they sent a 4500H. So now I'm torn on what to do. I already reached out to the vendor and they told me the 4500H is a nice upgrade over the 3600H and the firmware it shipped with will need to be upgraded to the latest once I hook it up which will give me the latest features similar to the 3600H.

I think the only 2 features that I cared about that I would lose would be the HDCP2.3 and the bluetooth based on the comparison.

HDCP2.3

I think the HDCP2.3 debate can go either way about whether it really is that important since 8K content isn't really out there. Second, I don't have an 8K TV anyways and it would probably be a long time before I would get one.

Bluetooth

The bluetooth feature has me a bit confused. Based on the post it is listed as a gain for the 3600H (Bluetooth transmitter (feature delivered via future firmware update - delivered in Nov/Dec 2019)) but I see bluetooth listed on the 4500H and the seller also mentioned that with the newer firmware it would add "some additional Bluetooth functionality". Can anyone help me understand the difference on the Bluetooth functionality between the two?

Thanks!
First understand there is no price discussion in this thread ---> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2935788-no-price-talk-where-buy-outside-deals-sticky.html

Only the 2019 and newer models will feature HDCP 2.3 and Bluetooth "transmit/receive". The 2018 X4500H can only "receive" Bluetooth (eg. streamed from phone/tablet).

Decide what features are important to you.

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,423
It seems the Cable/SAT HDMI input on my x3600 has died. Moved the cable to AUX2 and it works. Tried my bluray player on this port and it doesn't work either. I tried the microprocessor reset with no change. Should I try the factory firmware reset? Luckily there is a service center close to me, but they couldn't tell me how long it would take to even diagnose the issue because of staffing shortages.
If you plan on taking it to a repair facility if the issue cannot be resolved, the last step to try and resolve the issue yourself is the reset.

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,424
I am having a problem. I have a Denon and a AVR750H. I have a cable box and a Vizio P 65 quantum X. First problem when I go to one of the apps on the Visio the I get is what is coming through the set-top box which is whatever the TV station I was on. I do not get the sound when playing Netflix or prime. What setting do I have wrong.
Thank you
Ensure ARC = ON (p. 156 Owner's manual) as it factory defaults to OFF and also that the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC input on the TV.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just installed the x1900h. I installed the latest firmware and then checked and it said another firmware was available and that doesn’t seem right. I can’t find anywhere online what the latest firmware is for this model. Can someone tell me or show me where to find the latest firmware version?

So after initial update it went to firmware 6300-9085-9042-4045 DTS 3.90.50.00.

The second update put me at 6000-1341-6042-4045 which actually seems like it should be lower based on this numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, a week or so ago I posted about whether or not to get a 3600 or 4500 if the price was the same. I got directed to the comparison post which in the end helped me to just go with the 3600. I ordered a 3600 bundled with a HEOS speaker for $1099. Just got the shipment yesterday and they sent a 4500H. So now I'm torn on what to do. I already reached out to the vendor and they told me the 4500H is a nice upgrade over the 3600H and the firmware it shipped with will need to be upgraded to the latest once I hook it up which will give me the latest features similar to the 3600H.

HDCP2.3

Bluetooth

Thanks!
I dont know what is your eco system but you have iphone or apple computers, Airplay 2 works way better than bluetooth. Thats what I have been using ever since I got my 3600H (4500 have Airplay2 as well). Much more reliable, great range in the house and sound quality is top notch.

HDCP2.3 real life application is far away. I dont even think that it is as an upgraded feature inn my 3600. But wont live without Airplay. Combined with Tidal HiRes subscription, music listening cant get any better and purer

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,431
I dont know what is your eco system but you have iphone or apple computers, Airplay 2 works way better than bluetooth. Thats what I have been using ever since I got my 3600H (4500 have Airplay2 as well). Much more reliable, great range in the house and sound quality is top notch.

HDCP2.3 real life application is far away. I dont even think that it is as an upgraded feature inn my 3600. But wont live without Airplay. Combined with Tidal HiRes subscription, music listening cant get any better and purer
All 2019 models in this thread were factory released with HDCP 2.3 on all HDMI ports.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All 2019 models in this thread were factory released with HDCP 2.3 on all HDMI ports.
I know 3600H have HCP2.3. I was merely trying to say that I dont consider it that big of of a deal as a feature since the real life application is far in the future for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
He already answered those questions: "The only thing known for sure is the 2018 models (X4500H/X6500H) that weren't replaced last year will be replaced with new HDMI 2.1 models later this summer."

X3700H is not expected this year, so you should be just fine buying a 3600 now. But, if you are concerned, you can wait a few weeks for the announcement.

As for the current shortage, that is due to COVID19 shutting down the Korean plant. Stock is expected to return to normal over the next few weeks.
Thanks for your message !
Then I'm probably safe good replacing my 2600 to a 3600 ;)
Good to know, thanks fir this confirmation ;)

Do you know perhaps how ZONE2 HDMI works in practice ?
For example, do I then have to Mute MAIN Zone1 when using ZONE2 HDMI ?
Or what can I expect in a normal use case.. ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for your message !
Then I'm probably safe good replacing my 2600 to a 3600 ;)
Good to know, thanks fir this confirmation ;)

Do you know perhaps how ZONE2 HDMI works in practice ?
For example, do I then have to Mute MAIN Zone1 when using ZONE2 HDMI ?
Or what can I expect in a normal use case.. ?
When I spoke to jdsmoothie I was on the fence with a 3600 or 4500. IIRC he indicated the 3600 would "mirror" zone 1 whereas the 4500 would allow 2 separate feeds.

I'm a noob so if wrong feel free to correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Denon experts!

How can I play PS4, but have the audio (from AVR/Speakers) be a podcast I'm playing (ideally via Airplay?) on my iPhone (not have the speakers play the game audio)? I've got an X1600H and I think I set it up with ARC, which might be the problem?

Here are my steps:
1) Switch on AVR, TV, PS4
2) Press "Game" on AVR remote - game appears on TV, game audio plays through speakers
3) Open Overcast podcast app on iPhone, start playing podcast, select "Output" and select "Denon X1600H"
4) Podcast plays via speakers BUT the TV screen goes from PS4 to a giant thumbnail of the podcast, the progress bar at the bottom, etc.
5) If I press "Game" on the remote again, it switches back to the PS4 screen and audio (and the podcast stops)

I'd like to keep playing the game, but listen to my podcast.

I just called Denon support about this and they were useless, unfortunately :( After 10 minutes of "uhmmm" and re-confirming my contact info and what I'd like to do, they hung up.

Appreciate any advice/help here. Do I need to use Bluetooth or is this a setting? Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Denon experts!

How can I play PS4, but have the audio (from AVR/Speakers) be a podcast I'm playing (ideally via Airplay?) on my iPhone (not have the speakers play the game audio)? I've got an X1600H and I think I set it up with ARC, which might be the problem?

Here are my steps:
2) Press "Game" on AVR remote - game appears on TV, game audio plays through speakers
3) Open Overcast podcast app on iPhone, start playing podcast, select "Output" and select "Denon X1600H"
4) Podcast plays via speakers BUT the TV screen goes from PS4 to a giant thumbnail of the podcast, the progress bar at the bottom, etc.
5) If I press "Game" on the remote again, it switches back to the PS4 screen and audio (and the podcast stops)

I just called Denon support about this and they were useless, unfortunately :( After 10 minutes of "uhmmm" and re-confirming my contact info and what I'd like to do, they hung up.

Appreciate any advice/help here. Do I need to use Bluetooth or is this a setting? Thank you!
Don't know if you can. But on XBox (also don't know anything about PS4), just play the music / podcast on the Spotify (other?), app on the game console and turn down or mute the actual game's volume.

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,437
When I spoke to jdsmoothie I was on the fence with a 3600 or 4500. IIRC he indicated the 3600 would "mirror" zone 1 whereas the 4500 would allow 2 separate feeds.

I'm a noob so if wrong feel free to correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nope. The X3600H and X4500H both have the same HDMI monitor out capabilities (ie. main zone - 2ea, Zone 2 - 1ea).

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,438
Hi Denon experts!

Here are my steps:

With a network audio source playing from the AVR speakers (eg. Airplay), select OPTION - VIDEO SELECT - ON - (select HDMI video source input) (p. 109 Owner's manual).

·
Registered
45 Posts
With a network audio source playing from the AVR speakers (eg. Airplay), select OPTION - VIDEO SELECT - ON - (select HDMI video source input) (p. 109 Owner's manual).
So so grateful! THANK YOU!!

So I don't bug you with noob questions, is there a guide/source you recommend that's something between the Quick Start that the AVR walked me through and reading the whole 100+ page technical manual cover to cover?
I've bookmarked the first post in this thread as well.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
87,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,440
So so grateful! THANK YOU!!

So I don't bug you with noob questions, is there a guide/source you recommend that's something between the Quick Start that the AVR walked me through and reading the whole 100+ page technical manual cover to cover?
I've bookmarked the first post in this thread as well.

Thanks again!
Read the first 8 posts in this thread as indicated in the thread's title. ;)

2421 - 2440 of 2928 Posts