AVS Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3303 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok thanks. Pretend I’m an idiot. Pretend I read the manual and just couldn’t figure out how to set the quick select buttons. Is it as simple as choosing the state you want, as you describe, then pressing down and holding (for some length of time) the quick select button you want to assign it to?

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Is it as simple as choosing the state you want, as you describe, then pressing down and holding (for some length of time) the quick select button you want to assign it to?
Heh, yes, that's all you need to do :). I'm sure jdsmoothie will be along soon to list which settings are saved in the QS slots. Oh, and there's a lot of useful information in posts 1-8 of this thread :)

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,183
Ok thanks. Pretend I’m an idiot. Pretend I read the manual and just couldn’t figure out how to set the quick select buttons. Is it as simple as choosing the state you want, as you describe, then pressing down and holding (for some length of time) the quick select button you want to assign it to?
Correct. Also selecting the source it applies to as well of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Pioneer SC63 recently caught the dreaded "UE22" bug. I grabbed a Denon X2600H as a replacement. Last night I discovered that when I try to play 96kHz TrueHD content I get frequent audio drops. It seems all other content plays fine. Tested 5/7.1 24bit 96kHz FLAC content and it is fine. Faulty AVR?

Edit: After a lengthy warm-up period I was able to get the Pioneer SC63 to function again. 96kHz TrueHD content plays back fine. Looking to RMA the X2600H.

·
Registered
44 Posts
TiVo pause / resume stops sound from playing through X3600H.

My TiVo bolt is connected via HDMI to X3600H. Works great to playback recorded shows with regular and surround audio through my AVR.

I'll frequently "pause" playback for short duration (30 seconds) and then resume. On resume, the sound no longer plays (video still shows on my LG OLED connected TV). Workaround is to temporarily switch X3600H audio input to another source (e.g. Heos or TV input) and then switch back to TiVo (Cable) input -- ugh, my wife is not impressed ;-).

I have HDMI Control set to "On" and the on/off power switching works fine when I first start on turn-off my TiVo (i.e. automatically turns on AVR and LG Tv).

I don't believe the TiVo is the problem here, since it worked fine for years with pause/resume when connected to my older AVR.

Any ideas to resolve?

Thanks,
Brad
I have the same issue but with slightly different equipment:
- My "TiVo" is built in to my Mediacom XStream cable box
- My TV is a Panasonic ST-50 series plasma
But as with Brad, resuming from pause can result in video playing without sound, an issue solved by switching to another source and then switching back. My wife is also not impressed.
I've been hoping that an update would resolve this, but so far...

Any ideas from anyone a year later? Brad, did you ever resolve this?

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,186
I have the same issue but with slightly different equipment:
- My "TiVo" is built in to my Mediacom XStream cable box
- My TV is a Panasonic ST-50 series plasma
But as with Brad, resuming from pause can result in video playing without sound, an issue solved by switching to another source and then switching back. My wife is also not impressed.
I've been hoping that an update would resolve this, but so far...

Any ideas from anyone a year later? Brad, did you ever resolve this?
This is most likely caused by an HDMI handshake issue which is common and not something generally resolved with a firmware update. Issue resolution is doing what you are currently doing, although HDMI handshakes can often be mitigated by powering on the devices in a specific order: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source.

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,187
My Pioneer SC63 recently caught the dreaded "UE22" bug. I grabbed a Denon X2600H as a replacement. Last night I discovered that when I try to play 96kHz TrueHD content I get frequent audio drops. It seems all other content plays fine. Tested 5/7.1 24bit 96kHz FLAC content and it is fine. Faulty AVR?

Edit: After a lengthy warm-up period I was able to get the Pioneer SC63 to function again. 96kHz TrueHD content plays back fine. Looking to RMA the X2600H.

Is Audyssey enabled as the source audio is down sampled to 24/48kHz in order to be processed by Audyssey?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is Audyssey enabled as the source audio is down sampled to 24/48kHz in order to be processed by Audyssey?
I don't understand your comment. If Audyssey is enabled you are saying the AVR down samples the 96kHz TrueHD signal to 48kHz? The AVR display reports "fs: 96kHz" when 96kHz content is played.

Edit: I have looked through the owners manual and see nothing that indicates 96kHz content is down sampled due to Audyssey.

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,189
I don't understand your comment. If Audyssey is enabled you are saying the AVR down samples the 96kHz TrueHD signal to 48kHz? The AVR display reports "fs: 96kHz" when 96kHz content is played.

Edit: I have looked through the owners manual and see nothing that indicates 96kHz content is down sampled due to Audyssey.
The AVR is simply reporting what is being received. There is insufficient processing power to run Audyssey above 48kHz and therefore the audio must be down sampled.

This may not be what is causing your issue, but as a test, disable Audyssey and see if there is any change.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The AVR is simply reporting what is being received. There is insufficient processing power to run Audyssey above 48kHz and therefore the audio must be down sampled.

This may not be what is causing your issue, but as a test, disable Audyssey and see if there is any change.
As suggested I set Audyssey MultEQ XT from "Reference" to "Off". Audyssey Dynamic EQ & Dynamic Volume were already set to off. Audio drops continue to occur with 96kHz content.

Tested Oblivion's Isolated score (TrueHD), Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City (TrueHD), and Léon: The Professional (DTSHD MA). All three have audio drops on the Denon but the Pioneer plays them fine.

Is anybody with a X2600H able to test some 96kHz content and see if it is common with this unit?

I am trying to get the RMA process going but the company is being less than helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
An update on the 96kHz issue.

If I decode the content on the device and send the AVR multi-channel 96kHz LPCM it plays without issue.

Additionally I am being told that a Denon AVR-S750H owner is seeing the same audio drop outs on bitstreamed 96kHz content. I will try to get with him in the next few days and see if it is the same issue I am running into.

Until then is anybody able to test some 96kHz content and report back?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
An update on the 96kHz issue.

If I decode the content on the device and send the AVR multi-channel 96kHz LPCM it plays without issue.

Additionally I am being told that a Denon AVR-S750H owner is seeing the same audio drop outs on bitstreamed 96kHz content. I will try to get with him in the next few days and see if it is the same issue I am running into.

Until then is anybody able to test some 96kHz content and report back?

Thanks in advance!
High definition audio comparison

·
Registered
24 Posts
While I appreciate your comment I am not sure how a link to a discussion on the merits of high resolution audio is of any help to me. I like the content of these three discs and that doesn't change.

Update on the issue. I factory reset the AVR again, updated the firmware again, and set it back up. 96kHz content now plays without audio drop outs. Not sure what/why/how but I am speaking with Denon now to see what they think.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just got the AVR-X1600H. I ran the Audyssey set up, and then changed all speakers to small with 80hz crossover since I have a subwoofer. I used the test tones and SPL meter and had to adjust manually to make my 5.1 set up the same dB for the main seating position.

1. Does this mean that I didn't choose the 8 positions correctly?
2. Did Audyssey still do anything for me since I changed the crossover frequency and dB for each speaker? Should I re-run and leave the dB and crossover frequencies as is?

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I appreciate your comment I am not sure how a link to a discussion on the merits of high resolution audio is of any help to me. I like the content of these three discs and that doesn't change.

Update on the issue. I factory reset the AVR again, updated the firmware again, and set it back up. 96kHz content now plays without audio drop outs. Not sure what/why/how but I am speaking with Denon now to see what they think.
You might want to check if your hdmi cable is faulty. Check out this guide for Denon HDMI diagnostics and troubleshooting: http://www.theaav.com/uploads/2/6/0...iagnostics_and_troubleshooting_eng_im_v00.pdf There’s a mode in there where you can connect a hdmi cable from the AVR output to one of it‘s inputs and it can run tests on it to see if there are any problems and what it’s capabilities are. It’s pretty slick and there’s some other stuff in there that might help you. I also have a AVR-S750H and haven’t had any 96kHz issues lately but Ill do some listening later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my AVR-X1600H, I am not able to play a source over the Zone 2 speakers ONLY. It's either zone 1 only or zone 1 + zone 2 at the same time, for the same source.
I have followed instructions on Playback in ZONE2 AVR-X1600H.

Speakers are connected to the surround back connectors, we have tried with multiple sources (phono, aux, internet radio). The device is running latest firmware.

I don't understand why I cannot use Zone 2 only for playback.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might want to check if your hdmi cable is faulty. Check out this guide for Denon HDMI diagnostics and troubleshooting: http://www.theaav.com/uploads/2/6/0...iagnostics_and_troubleshooting_eng_im_v00.pdf There’s a mode in there where you can connect a hdmi cable from the AVR output to one of it‘s inputs and it can run tests on it to see if there are any problems and what it’s capabilities are. It’s pretty slick and there’s some other stuff in there that might help you. I also have a AVR-S750H and haven’t had any 96kHz issues lately but Ill do some listening later.
Interesting. While the X2600H isn't specifically listed as supported I will give it a try in a few days when I get time.

Thank you for the link!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting. While the X2600H isn't specifically listed as supported I will give it a try in a few days when I get time.

Thank you for the link!
My S750H isn’t listed either but it worked perfectly. You might have to do a little guessing about some of the functions it has because the guide is a little archaic but with a little guessing and research I was able to get a lot of use out of it. It’s a shame it’s not public because it’s pretty damn awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got the 65x900H a couple weeks ago and Denon AVR-X1600H yesterday. I have the 2.1 and eARC update for the TV. However, with my new receiver I'm getting no sound from my TV to the receiver on eARC or optical. It was working over optical on my old receiver that didn't have HDMI. I did have it working over optical with the new Denon, but after turning off the TV it's not working anymore.

I'm using a 2.1 cable with eARC from the TV on HDMI 3 (eARC/ARC) to the receiver's eARC/ARC output.

On the TV settings I went into audio output, speakers is set to "audio system", eARC to auto, I changed HDMI 3 to enhanced with Dolby vision. The receiver is set to eARC. I went to the inputs and in the TV audio row there's an X in the HDMI column. I changed the digital column to Opt 1. That did work until I turned off the TV, but isn't anymore.

3181 - 3200 of 3303 Posts