AVS Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4353 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the Denon AVR-X2600H receiver's internet speed capped at 100mbps please?
I haven't been able to find any information in the user manual. I ask as my wifi router states that the LAN speed to the receiver is 100mbps and so I wondered if I have a faulty device or router, or if this is the norm. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I haven't been able to find any information in the user manual. I ask as my wifi router states that the LAN speed to the receiver is 100mbps and so I wondered if I have a faulty device or router, or if this is the norm. Thank you.
Why would that be faulty? Your Denon can only stream audio files through its network connection and if it indeed has the older style 10/100mbps LAN port, that is way more bandwidth capability than is needed for that purpose. I assume your router has gigabit LAN ports and you have a direct connection to it? .. .thus your question?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your Denon can only stream audio files through its network connection and if it indeed has the older style 10/100mbps LAN port, that is wa
Agreed, I don't believe my Denon receiver has a 'bandwidth test' as it's requirements for HEOS aren't much above 20Megs. That said, I do see some small 5 or 8 port switches that are not gigabit in capability.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would that be faulty? Your Denon can only stream audio files through its network connection and if it indeed has the older style 10/100mbps LAN port, that is way more bandwidth capability than is needed for that purpose. I assume your router has gigabit LAN ports and you have a direct connection to it? .. .thus your question?
Thank you Deano86. I use, as you correctly assumed a gigabit router and it is directly connected to the receiver. My question was less about whether a 100mbps connection is sufficient and more whether the Denon AVRX-2600H is restricted to that bandwidth. An academic question if you will! Do you know if the Denon AVR-X2600H has the older style LAN port? That would explain the issue.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thank you Deano86. I use, as you correctly assumed a gigabit router and it is directly connected to the receiver. My question was less about whether a 100mbps connection is sufficient and more whether the Denon AVRX-2600H is restricted to that bandwidth. An academic question if you will! Do you know if the Denon AVR-X2600H has the older style LAN port? That would explain the issue.
I would guess it is... My Denon is obviously older than yours a 2014 ( AVR-X5200W) but yes, on the LED display of my TP-Link gigabit switch it does show that mine is connected at 100mbps port speed as well... There really is no need for a gigabit capable LAN port on a device that only streams audio anyway... but I assume your model also has wifi capability too, and I have no idea what those specs would be..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does this receiver support 120hz at any resolution? Didn't think to try it out until tonight and my PS5 doesn't show it as a supported mode in 1080p or 4K. I might need to restart it, though.

I checked back about 20-30 pages and didn’t see anyone else ask.

If not, it's not a deal-breaker. Just curious, mainly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does this receiver support 120hz at any resolution? Didn't think to try it out until tonight and my PS5 doesn't show it as a supported mode in 1080p or 4K. I might need to restart it, though.

Welp, nevermind. Found this in the PDF manual (page 231):

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,231 ·

No, rather only on the current 2020 models with HDMI 2.1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok...... So I should connect my Android box to an HDMI input ie 2, correct? Then do I shutoff arc capabilities and connect to the earc HDMI on the tv? How does the connection from receiver go to the tv, the earc HDMI? So I bought an extended warranty through the retail outlet where I bought the receiver. It's still applicable. Should I return the Ave to the dealer? They stated it may take up to 4 weeks to repair or a decision to be made. Should I do that, will the problem get worse down the line or is it best just to use tv as amonitor? Advice?

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,234 ·
Ok...... So I should connect my Android box to an HDMI input ie 2, correct? Then do I shutoff arc capabilities and connect to the earc HDMI on the tv? How does the connection from receiver go to the tv, the earc HDMI? So I bought an extended warranty through the retail outlet where I bought the receiver. It's still applicable. Should I return the Ave to the dealer? They stated it may take up to 4 weeks to repair or a decision to be made. Should I do that, will the problem get worse down the line or is it best just to use tv as amonitor? Advice?
If you are no longer using the apps on board the TV, then it doesn't matter which HDMI input on the TV to connect the AVR. Purchase the Android box first and try using it to resolve your issue before decided to replace either the TV or the AVR.

·
Registered
52 Posts
AVS Forum

P

"OFFICIAL" 2019 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8)

Jump to LatestFollow

4221 - 4231 of 4231 Posts
212 of 212

P
pana3000
·Registered
Joined Jul 21, 2018
·
49 Posts
#4,221 1 d ago

jdsmoothie said:
You can use either a Firestick or Roku.
how about an android box? will that work also?

Reply Quote

J
jdsmoothie
·Premium Member
Joined Sep 28, 2007
·
91,039 Posts
Discussion Starter • #4,222 1 d ago

pana3000 said:
how about an android box? will that work also?
Yes.

2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread
2020 Marantz AVR Owner's thread

Reply Quote
J
johjames912
·Registered
Joined 11 d ago
·
11 Posts
#4,223 23 h ago

Reply Quote
D
deano86
·Registered
Joined Apr 11, 2008
·
2,653 Posts
#4,224 22 h ago

johjames912 said:

For Sale! OEM bulb assy for Panasonic PT-AE8000 projector.
Panasonic ET-LAA410 OEM bulb assy with filters and...

Reply Quote

D
DGD123
·Registered
Joined Mar 28, 2017
·
29 Posts
#4,225 22 h ago

johjames912 said:
Your Denon can only stream audio files through its network connection and if it indeed has the older style 10/100mbps LAN port, that is wa
Agreed, I don't believe my Denon receiver has a 'bandwidth test' as it's requirements for HEOS aren't much above 20Megs. That said, I do see some small 5 or 8 port switches that are not gigabit in capability.

Reply Quote
J
johjames912
·Registered
Joined 11 d ago
·
11 Posts
#4,226 19 h ago

deano86 said:

Reply Quote
J
johjames912
·Registered
Joined 11 d ago
·
11 Posts
#4,227 19 h ago

DGD123 said:
Thanks DGD123.

Reply Quote
D
deano86
·Registered
Joined Apr 11, 2008
·
2,653 Posts
#4,228 19 h ago

johjames912 said:
I would guess it is... My Denon is obviously older than yours a 2014 ( AVR-X5200W) but yes, on the LED display of my TP-Link gigabit switch it does show that mine is connected at 100mbps port speed as well... There really is no need for a gigabit capable LAN port on a device that only streams audio anyway... but I assume your model also has wifi capability too, and I have no idea what those specs would be..

For Sale! OEM bulb assy for Panasonic PT-AE8000 projector.
Panasonic ET-LAA410 OEM bulb assy with filters and...

Reply Quote

C
chronomac
·Registered
Joined Jan 11, 2006
·
83 Posts
#4,229 18 h ago (Edited)

Reply Quote
C
chronomac
·Registered
Joined Jan 11, 2006
·
83 Posts
#4,230 16 h ago

chronomac said:

Welp, nevermind. Found this in the PDF manual (page 231):

Reply Quote
J
jdsmoothie
·Premium Member
Joined Sep 28, 2007
·
91,039 Posts
Discussion Starter • #4,231 15 h ago

chronomac said:

No, rather only on the current 2020 models with HDMI 2.1.

2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread
2020 Marantz AVR Owner's thread

Reply Quote
P
pana3000
·Registered
Joined Jul 21, 2018
·
49 Posts
#4,232 a moment ago

so after checking and rechecking all my settings the only time it worked properly was when I first got the receiver and also when I did a hard reset on both the Denon and the TCL tv and adjusted the settings then and then it lasted for 2 weeks. I have an extended warranty that covers the receiver but I'm wondering if it's worth bringing the Denon in and having it checked out? the retailer that sold it to me told me they could have the service manager check it out then if that fails, send it off to denon/repair to have it thoroughly serviced or checked. If that fails and it's faulty, then either replace with the same model if still available or trade up to a comparable one for thisyear. This means Im out with the receiver for 4 weeks. Worth it? advice? maybe I should just set up the tv as a monitor and be done with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you are no longer using the apps on board the TV, then it doesn't matter which HDMI input on the TV to connect the AVR. Purchase the Android box first and try using it to resolve your issue before decided to replace either the TV or the AVR.
hey here are the pics from my settings to see if you guys can tell. I'd rather have all working ie. my EARC on the receiver after spending $$ on it only 2 years ago. Can you guys see any issues here? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was like you with my last television and wanted to use my new TV's Smart Apps. After a few years I came to the conclusion that Streaming devices were just better than the TV in a lot of ways and now, yes I use my TV as just a monitor.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dumb question about my 750H's amplifier power. I've always found it a little odd but not too concerning that my normal listening level is -5 db. I just replace to very small surround speakers w/larger 8 ohm speakers and notice volume level a bit lower at -5db after Audyssey calibration.

Am I right in assuming that the amplifier power is shared across all speakers (obviously) but does that mean that using less channels would increase the volume level at the same 0db? I think so. I'm currently using all 7 channels but with 2 subs so 5 speakers crossed-over at 80hz and the 2 new surrounds at 100hz.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Amplifier power sets a cap on the maximum that can be sent to the speakers before the onset of distortion. The actual volume level after Audyssey calibration will be the same up to that cap, unless the microphone positions are have been changed.

Reactions: StephenMSmith

·
Registered
990 Posts
Amplifier power sets a cap on the maximum that can be sent to the speakers before the onset of distortion. The actual volume level after Audyssey calibration will be the same up to that cap, unless the microphone positions are have been changed.
Entirely true, except if there has been any changes to the input sensitivity between the two receivers, or if the input levels had been changed manually on the older unit.
In any case, if sufficient audio levels are achieved without distortion, it is really not of any concern that the volume control levels differ.

4221 - 4240 of 4353 Posts