AVS Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 4352 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
A friend had an issue setting up his AVR-S750H. He connected to it a newer TiVo OTA DVR and his older 1080 TV. But, the AVR kept telling him that the TV was capable of 4K video. Which is true. The Denon should be negotiating the connections.

Ultimately, once he was able to view the settings for the TiVo, the resolution setting was set to auto. Once he set it to 1080p, all was well. Should the AVR have queried the TV to determine its max resolution and then forward that to the TiVo during its negotiations?

Thanks for any info for this.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DAC external..anyone using?

I have x3600 , and was curious if anybody's using an external deck on their systems and notice any appreciable difference...?

I know the DAC discussion is Not snake oil,.
But obviously has diminishing return per dollar..

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
91,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,243 · (Edited)
DAC external..anyone using?

I have x3600 , and was curious if anybody's using an external deck on their systems and notice any appreciable difference...?

I know the DAC discussion is Not snake oil,.
But obviously has diminishing return per dollar..

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Additionally, Audyssey would be disabled when using DIRECT/PURE DIRECT.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just picked up a AVR-S750H, refurbed from Denon, pretty nice unit, get quite a bit of features in this unit. Wish the remote would operate other makes units, other than that its pretty solid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Additionally, Audyssey would be disabled.
Hmm, I connected an external DAC to mine via RCA inputs to Analog 5 and I can access all the Audyssey settings in the Audio menu, unless I select the Direct or Pure Direct audio modes. Wouldn't that mean Audyssey is still enabled? And to answer the original question, the DAC I used was good, not great, and I would say the difference was barely noticeable, definitely not 'appreciable'. Maybe with a really high quality (read: expensive) DAC the difference would be more pronounced. But I'm not going there for sure.

·
Premium Member
91,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,248 ·
Hmm, I connected an external DAC to mine via RCA inputs to Analog 5 and I can access all the Audyssey settings in the Audio menu, unless I select the Direct or Pure Direct audio modes. Wouldn't that mean Audyssey is still enabled? And to answer the original question, the DAC I used was good, not great, and I would say the difference was barely noticeable, definitely not 'appreciable'. Maybe with a really high quality (read: expensive) DAC the difference would be more pronounced. But I'm not going there for sure.
Correct. However, why would you want to use an external DAC only to be followed up by the DAC used in the Denon? This is why you would use DIRECT or PURE DIRECT which would then disable Audyssey and also why in the end, most prefer skipping the external DAC in preference of using Audyssey.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Correct. However, why would you want to use an external DAC only to be followed up by the DAC used in the Denon? This is why you would use DIRECT or PURE DIRECT which would then disable Audyssey and also why in the end, most prefer skipping the external DAC in preference of using Audyssey.
Agreed, for two-channel music, I prefer Stereo mode with Audyssey, usually with MultEQ® XT32 set to flat. Would that be the best way to get the highest quality stereo playback, say from lossless flac files or Qobuz?
For what it's worth, I did compare the external DAC to the 3600s internal DACs using only the Direct or Pure Direct modes, which as I said made a barely perceptible difference.

·
Premium Member
91,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,250 ·
Agreed, for two-channel music, I prefer Stereo mode with Audyssey, usually with MultEQ® XT32 set to flat. Would that be the best way to get the highest quality stereo playback, say from lossless flac files or Qobuz?
For what it's worth, I did compare the external DAC to the 3600s internal DACs using only the Direct or Pure Direct modes, which as I said made a barely perceptible difference.
What is "best" can only be determined by each individual owner based on their own ears and quality of the speakers in their setup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check reviews to learn what headphones would meet your budget requirements.

Not sure what you mean by "and receiver"?
sorry my English transmitter to run Bluetooth headphones BTW way I have some Sennheiser HD 280 Pros wired i just need to buy at least a 20' extension cable think it be best to use them since Bluetooth can have hiccups.

·
Registered
29 Posts
any luck on x1600
Audyssey MultEQ Editor app from the google play store looks very confusing to me or just follow the Denon instruction to set it up

·
Registered
189 Posts
any luck on x1600
Audyssey MultEQ Editor app from the google play store looks very confusing to me or just follow the Denon instruction to set it up
I found this video helpful: Youtube

Reactions: Daniel Lerner

·
Premium Member
91,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,254 ·
sorry my English transmitter to run Bluetooth headphones BTW way I have some Sennheiser HD 280 Pros wired i just need to buy at least a 20' extension cable think it be best to use them since Bluetooth can have hiccups.
As noted in post #1 of this thread, a firmware update was released in November 2019 that now allows the 2019 models in this thread to transmit Bluetooth to a set of Bluetooth headphones or hearing aids.

any luck on x1600
MultEQ Editor: New App for Denon & Marantz AV Receivers & Pre/Pros | AVS Forum

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am having a weird problem with my 3600H. In HEOS mode, the front display shows No Network Connection message though it is connected to the internet and playing all online services fine. When input in selected to TV or Disk, it shows everything fine. Anything HEOS or Airplay- there is that message scrolling tru the front display on the AVR. Very annoying. Anyone experienced this?
Same problem intermittently on both my 750H and 960H. My LAN and WAN network connections are fine but I have the scrolling message No Network Connection and no Heos Favorites, Music Servers etc show up.

Alexa media playback works and the unit serves it's HTML interface to a browser. Network Diagnostics screen says:
Physical ConnectionOK
Router AccessOK
Internet AccessOK

I haven't dug too deeply into it yet but I have a hunch it has to do with being on a wired Ethernet connection instead of WiFi. (I also use a static IP address.) The units seem to get upset if the Ethernet cables or upstream gigabit switches are disconnected even momentarily, sometimes they are OK when the connection is restored and sometimes the error message persists.

Rebooting seems to eliminate the symptoms.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a relatively simple setup and my goal is to use the Roku remote as my one and only remote. I don't watch content anywhere else.

• Roku Ultra
  • Hisense H9G TV
  • Denon S650H AVR
The Roku is plugged into the Media Player HDMI port on the AVR and the Hisense in plugged into the Monitor Out HDMI port on the AVR.

All three devices have CEC enabled.

• The Roku remote controls the volume and mute on the AVR - perfect!
  • The Roku remote power button turns ON the TV and the AVR - perfect!
  • The Roku remote power button turns OFF the TV but NOT the AVR - not good!
Interestingly the power button on the TV remote does turn ON and OFF both the TV and the AVR.

So the only change in behavior I am looking for is for the power button on the Roku remote to turn the AVR off as well, and it's weird to me that it doesn't since it does turn it on and the TV remote can do both.

·
Premium Member
91,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,259 ·
I have a relatively simple setup and my goal is to use the Roku remote as my one and only remote. I don't watch content anywhere else.

• Roku Ultra
  • Hisense H9G TV
  • Denon S650H AVR
The Roku is plugged into the Media Player HDMI port on the AVR and the Hisense in plugged into the Monitor Out HDMI port on the AVR.

All three devices have CEC enabled.

• The Roku remote controls the volume and mute on the AVR - perfect!
  • The Roku remote power button turns ON the TV and the AVR - perfect!
  • The Roku remote power button turns OFF the TV but NOT the AVR - not good!
Interestingly the power button on the TV remote does turn ON and OFF both the TV and the AVR.

So the only change in behavior I am looking for is for the power button on the Roku remote to turn the AVR off as well, and it's weird to me that it doesn't since it does turn it on and the TV remote can do both.
You may have better luck using a Harmony remote instead.

4241 - 4260 of 4352 Posts