AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 920 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
No, because Optical cables are limited to 2.0 PCM.
No, because of the optical connection to the Logitech Z906 speakers - it can only support max. LPCM 2.0
That makes me wonder how my xbox -which is connected to the same C9 with an HDMI- can output 5.1 DD/DTS (i can see my speakers turn into decode mode), while my PC cannot.
Optical S/PDIF supports DD/DTS 5.1 (lossy) bitstream and has as long as I can remember. This is unrelated to the LPCM update in the C9 firmware. I'm not sure what the issue with your PC (2060 Super GPU), but it might be better asked in the main C9-E9 thread, or a thread specific to your PC (2060 Super GPU) setup, if there is one. I would think the issue would more likely be on the PC (2060 Super GPU) end of things.

Reactions: desosav and dfa973

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have updated to the latest firmware released today.
I still have the elevated near black when using hdr. However when I turn off hdr,, I now have black crush.

Using lagom black test:
Hdr on = brightness 48 until box 1 dissapears
Hdr off = brightness 55+ until box 1 dissapears

Before this update, hdr off at 50 was perfect, 49 box 1 dissapeared. Now I need 56 for it to be vaguely visible.

All using technicolor expert with same settings.
TV black level low, pc limited.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That makes me wonder how my xbox -which is connected to the same C9 with an HDMI- can output 5.1 DD/DTS (i can see my speakers turn into decode mode), while my PC cannot.
Excuse my ignorance...this is not my field of expertise :)
Xbox and PS4 can take game audio which is LPCM and convert it to Dolby Digital and DTS. Your PC can do this, but usually requires a dedicated sound card with something like Dolby Digital Live support. I've seen some hacks to do it in software but YMMV.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Turned on my C9 this morning and saw the prompt that a new update is available. I’ve restarted the TV and am now running 04.80.03 so it looks like it’s making the rounds in the UK now.
Not on my C9 65 :-(

BUT -
Here's an odd one, using a Logitech Harmony Elite with hub to control everything. Previously turning on C9 65 TV using Denon 6500 for sound TV would go to last channel bbc4 hd channel 106. As no update showing for me today I thought I'd power TV off and on to see if it would force it. No settings changed. Now when I start TV and amp it goes to stupid radio 1 channel 700. Auto programme update is still turned off. I can temp fix by adding a step to go to channel 106 in Harmony sequence. But, I'm flummoxed as to why it's changed to that stupid option?
Any ideas oh knowledgeable ones?

·
Registered
112 Posts
How is that possible ? This morning my tv saw 4.83(?) update. I though I will do when I come back. And now no update available ?? (France)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could be because it has caused problems? I installed the update this morning. I now have to turn my brightness setting to 55 to make the first box in a black level test vaguely visible. This setting used to be on 50.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did try turning all off in the audio settings of the TV including disabling Atmos. Do you have to crank the volume all the way up to close to a 100 to be able to hear the center channel? Are you using the built-in Plex client or perhaps using another device?
I do not have to use a higher volume with DTS 5.1 than with other audio tracks. I use a volume of around 20.
I do use the official Plex app for LG from the LG content store.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I do not have to use a higher volume with DTS 5.1 than with other audio tracks. I use a volume of around 20.
I do use the official Plex app for LG from the LG content store.
Hmmm, that's weird. Could my problem be the source file itself?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
On system start, sometimes my eARC to HW-Q80R doesn't send sound to the soundbar automatically (even though TV and soundbar both show eARC connected). Currently, I have to either:
1. Unplug the eARC HDMI cable and replug it in.
2. Unplug the power of either of those devices and replug it back.

So my questions are:
A) Is there a way to reset that connection from UI?
B) Or is there a way to perform full power cycle on TV via UI?
C) Or maybe another way to fix it easily that I can't think of.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
A) Is there a way to reset that connection from UI?
B) Or is there a way to perform full power cycle on TV via UI?
C) Or maybe another way to fix it easily that I can't think of.
A = Not really, but if you cycle through PCM-Auto-Pass-through settings the ARC/eARC link is re-negotiated.

B = Kinda..., Power OFF-ON cycle via remote...

C = You can also try to cycle between internal speakers and HDMI-ARC

·
Registered
112 Posts
Could be because it has caused problems? I installed the update this morning. I now have to turn my brightness setting to 55 to make the first box in a black level test vaguely visible. This setting used to be on 50.
I don’t know but I want the update :(

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
A polite moan: 99% of today's posts should have been on the main Owner's thread, and not in this FAQ thread :(

The whole point of carefully curating the FAQ and having a short thread (only discussion what should be / should not be included) is to give people less to read, not two threads to read for everything :(

Please can people take this discussion to the Owner's thread?! Thanks :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response DFA. I am still figuring things out, so my additional thoughts are as below.

A = Not really, but if you cycle through PCM-Auto-Pass-through settings the ARC/eARC link is re-negotiated.
How do I do this? Sorry, my first LG device ever.

B = Kinda..., Power OFF-ON cycle via remote...
It doesn't do a complete power cycle with this process. Is there a way to force a complete power cycle?

C = You can also try to cycle between internal speakers and HDMI-ARC
I tried changing audio out devices, to internal speaker and back, and didn't seem to work.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Some have already reported it:
Firmware v04.80.03 is currently being rolled out for all models in all regions. As usual the NSU takes place in waves.

The official English change log on LG's U.S. support website is as follows:
Apple AirPlay improvements

The firmware version can now also be downloaded as an USB version from LG's U.S. support website. The E.U. websites should follow shortly.
Also, I can confirm that the firmware version of the Korean support website is 100% identical to that of the U.S. website.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is it me or did they roll this out really quick. All regions almost at the same time.
So far, nothing was particularly unusual during the rollout of this version. Apart from the fact that people seemed extremely impatient this time.

As almost always, the version was first released for South Korea (about a week ago).
The versions for the other countries usually follow with a small delay, as long as they're not held back due to reported issues.
U.S. and E.U. releases of minor versions have usually never been very far apart. With a few exceptions.
For patch versions with region specific bug fixes, there have often been major variances in the past.

See the first page of this thread for more details.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So far, nothing was particularly unusual during the rollout of this version. Apart from the fact that people seemed extremely impatient this time.

As almost always, the version was first released for South Korea (about a week ago).
The versions for the other countries usually follow with a small delay, as long as they're not held back due to reported issues.
U.S. and E.U. releases of minor versions have usually never been very far apart. With a few exceptions.
For patch versions with region specific bug fixes, there have often been major variances in the past.

See the first page of this thread for more details.
But why yesterday morning I saw the prompt on the tv and now it’s gone it doesn’t update ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
OP mentions the following "LPCM codec changed from 2 channels to 8 channels, so the 2019 models can Pass-Trough multi-channel PCM audio via eARC"

Does this work on PC? Can you get surround via an Nvidia GPU?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have sent an E-Mail to LG Germany regarding HDCP 2.3:

This is the answer:
Thank you very much for contacting LG Electronics Deutschland GmbH

Basically, with the introduction of HDMI 2.1, we also implemented the HDCP standard 2.3. This means that any device (both C9 and CX) with the HDMI 2.1 port can comply with the HDCP 2.3 standard.
Sounds like that the C9 and CX already support HDCP 2.3 even though it is not specifically in
the HDMI Diagnostic screen.

Perhaps someone else want to verify this by contacting LG.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I called Why I saw the update on morning yesterday and not anymore. They told me they took it off because there were some issues. And we need to wait it’s corrected. So avoid installing maybe for now (Europe )

681 - 700 of 920 Posts