AVS Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Are we gonna get another Firmware Update or Is LG done with the C9 ?
🤷‍♂️ Could the five posts prior to yours be an indication? Maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: b0rnarian

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
View attachment 3118082
Does anyone know why the C9 wouldn't recognize the 05.00.30 firmware from the LG Korea website? I should have it set up properly on the USB flash drive per this image.

Edit - had to reformat the USB flash drive to use FAT32, works now.
Is firmware 05.00.30 available OTA yet? or only via download from LG's site?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Preliminary reports from a C9 owner in Australia running the new .30 update saying there's a noticible improvement (decrease) in HDMI handshaking time!
I'll take the decreased time for now! Only if I knew the older FW would do that though, I would have never gotten it.

Reactions: Andy112

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
This morning I receive .30 update in my oled c9. Where I can check any changelog?
Edit: check the Owner's thread - Page 880 has it.

Reactions: pedrazadixon

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Reactions: pedrazadixon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Edit: check the Owner's thread - Page 880 has it.
Try: 2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread #17,567
This is the only changelog info I've seen for it so far.
Thank you!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Guys, did latest updates added support for sYCC (sRGB with BT.601 matrix, selectable quantisation, i.e. full range sYCC is also supported)? just check out the colorimetry block in Edid. Maybe it is why that new strange black level issue was introduced (together with dithering bugs in nvidia, which works only in some modes, together with very strange auto black level mode that does not work in many cases, even though in HDMI Info menu it understands range correctly in ALL cases).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guys, did latest updates added support for sYCC (sRGB with BT.601 matrix, selectable quantidstion, i.e. full range sYCC is also supported)? just check out the colorimetry block in Edid. Maybe it is why that new strange black level issue was introduced (together with dithering bugs in nvidia, which works only in some modes, together with very strange auto black level mode that does not work in many cases, even though in HDMI Info meny it understands range correctly).
Which firmware did you upgrade from? I've had some variable black level problems on 05.00.03 and 05.00.10.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Which firmware did you upgrade from? I've had some variable black level problems on 05.00.03 and 05.00.10.
I am still on v4. I am not updating to v5 unless they will fix that black issue. Please check sYCC support in digital formats for YCbCr in Nvidia Control panel and try to change for xvYCC_709 or 601, which was the default (sRGB and BT.709 have very different transfer functions and EOTFs, not speacking about different linear sigments). Newer version of CRU added that modification in colorimetry block (press CTA extensions, colorimetry block, DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE IT, as looks like CRU still corrupts EDID, you can use ATP Manager from Quantum Data though).

For example that other Asus Dolby vision monitor does support all Color modes, including both xvYCC and Adobe RGB/YCC and sYCC.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Do you have a chapter or time marker?

- Rich
Took a while but I got em! Any setting that can rid of this flicker would be just amazing!

News of the World UHD - 00:26:03 (entire campfire scene)
Wonder Woman UHD - 1:09:30 (Starts here but at each 60 sec. interval its horrible - especially when you dont see fire on screen, just bouncing off of peoples faces etc.)

1361 - 1380 of 1457 Posts