AVS Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 5051 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi all:
I wonder,
1) What kind of source, you guys use to plug in the 8K HDMI input in the back of your Denon 2020 (2700 in this case), with non 8k TV, but having Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, DVD and Blu-ray?
2) Which streaming media have more Atmos movies and better DD Sur to take advantage of my new Denon and my Klipsch R26AF?

Thanks
DM

·
Registered
76 Posts
Denon AVR-X2700H has issues with eArc, so disappointing. When feeding the AVR multichannel pcm via eArc, it will not let me select multichannel pcm. Only sound options are stereo, dSur, multichannel stereo. Please fix via firmware update. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi guys, I have to setup my Denon X3700H with B&W MT-50 and Audyssey is asking me if the subwoofer is in direct mode. Do I have to set it to On?
And if yes, do I have to manually modify low-pass freq and low-pass filter on the back of the subwoofer?

Thanks
M_C

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Denon AVR-X2700H has issues with eArc, so disappointing. When feeding the AVR multichannel pcm via eArc, it will not let me select multichannel pcm. Only sound options are stereo, dSur, multichannel stereo. Please fix via firmware update. Thanks
This forum isn't monitored by anyone at Denon so best to get this message to them directly if you want something done firmware wise.

Reactions: xwing_5

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Hi guys, I have to setup my Denon X3700H with B&W MT-50 and Audyssey is asking me if the subwoofer is in direct mode. Do I have to set it to On?
And if yes, do I have to manually modify low-pass freq and low-pass filter on the back of the subwoofer?

Thanks
M_C
Set subwoofer to On and set any low pass filter on the sub amp to its highest setting or bypass/LFE. Whichever nomenclature applies.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Guys is anyone else's Spotify connect a bit wonky? It was working perfectly for a while now, using it from my android phone to my x3700h but today it didn't want to connect to denon. Tried it from my laptop, same problem. Rebooted my router, changed to ethernet connection instead of wifi 5ghz, assigned a static ip, took avr out of power, still didn't want to connect. Then my heos threw out an update available, my denon got updated and it's working now but it's slow as hell... changing songs or volume takes a few seconds before kicking in...Why such delay? Is spotify connect going through external servers or is this purely a local connection? Any suggestions regarding this?
Edit: tried to control Spotify through heos app and it responds swiftly...Guess something's up with the Spotify app...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've tried but the audio is out of sync. I could not get it synced up with the video no matter what, which is unfortunate since VRR doesn't work correctly and 1440/120hz doesn't pass through the receiver.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So anyone have any odd things going on with their AVR? MY X4700 has been auto switching inputs on me, from whatever I'm in, to then randomly auto switching me to Heos input (that's fun when you're watching a movie!)

Another one is when streaming music on Heos it'll just stop playing mid song and refuse to play anything else until I soft reset the unit.

So far I've tried downgrading the firmware and updating 2x now and before that I've reset all the settings.

So far so good on this second firmware down/upgrade though, so far no issues yet. Hopefully it was just a software glitch!
Yes, me. I have x2700h and experience the auto switching from what I want, to a source that has no input, and get a black screen:

I have a new problem with my x2700h, well it's probably always been there, but it's happened enough that I noticed it and can replicate it now.

Scenario:

Chromecast is plugged into the MediaPlayer HDMI port of x2700h.
HDMI Arc cable between the TV and AVR.

1. TV Off, AVR Off.
  2. Cast a video from the phone to the Chromecast
  3. TV turns ON automatically (this is so cool!!)
  4. Video plays perfectly for ~30 seconds
  5. Screen goes BLACK, no source detected. Video is still being cast and playing, just NO video / NO audio.
  6. Cast the video again (stop cast / start cast)
  7. Video plays fine for rest of video, and will continue to play other videos fine.
Summary: CEC works like magic, then the magic stops unexpectedly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also eARC issues on AVR-X4700H.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
This is what happens when you fall in love with ARC and CEC. Invest in a Harmony remote and set activities for one button operations and run a dedicated streaming device through your AVR to avoid ARC. eARC to me is just another extension of that same fantasy for a TV as the hub of your home theater. It was supposed to be this big fix for what ailed original ARC and now it's an even bigger headache for users than ARC was. CEC has always been FUBARd but at least ARC seemed to work for many users albeit limited bandwidth wise. Blame is totally on HDMI.org though for the snow job they did pushing eARC on everyone. They even had me believing in it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is what happens when you fall in love with ARC and CEC. Invest in a Harmony remote and set activities for one button operations and run a dedicated streaming device through your AVR to avoid ARC. eARC to me is just another extension of that same fantasy for a TV as the hub of your home theater. It was supposed to be this big fix for what ailed original ARC and now it's an even bigger headache for users than ARC was. CEC has always been FUBARd but at least ARC seemed to work for many users albeit limited bandwidth wise. Blame is totally on HDMI.org though for the snow job they did pushing eARC on everyone. They even had me believing in it.
Could not agree with you more HDMI CEC thing was a mess Turned it all off Harmony Remote. Apple 4K tv. Have not had a problem since

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Could not agree with you more HDMI CEC thing was a mess Turned it all off Harmony Remote. Apple 4K tv. Have not had a problem since
I never really tried/invested myself in CEC but man did I try to cozy up to ARC for a while. If I could use it without having my Sonys Bravia Sync on things might have been better but the 2 are married in TV settings so CEC gets in the way. That plus ARC only wanting to work some of the time. Of course people should get what they pay for so both should work all of the time but they simply don't. Love my Harmony Companion with hub.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I never really tried/invested myself in CEC but man did I try to cozy up to ARC for a while. If I could use it without having my Sonys Bravia Sync on things might have been better but the 2 are married in TV settings so CEC gets in the way. That plus ARC only wanting to work some of the time. Of course people should get what they pay for so both should work all of the time but they simply don't. Love my Harmony Companion with hub.
Same here, the fact that ARC worked perfectly on my last Denon was the only reason I've tried so hard to get to that point with my new x6700h. I just sucked it up and bought an apple tv 4k yesterday.....should've done this a long time ago....the PQ is better and the sound is rock solid as it should be. Oh well, I tried to stick with the TV apps....guess I'll just be using them for YouTube hdr until Apple figures that out.

·
Vendor
27,498 Posts
Without a doubt, ARC and eARC seems to work 50% of the time.....

·
Premium Member
88,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,718
Are you certain the TV is actually passing multi ch PCM vs. just stereo 2.0 PCM?

·
Registered
6,173 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
x3700h owner. Wanted to post this for others. I kept reading PreAmp is all or nothing and there was confusion on how to get a configuration other than 11.2 pre-amp mode. When you run the initial setup config wizard it asks you what speaker configuration your running. I have 5.1.2 (5 floor, 1 sub, 2 middle height). After running Audyssey I saved the configuration and went to the Amp Mode setting. Now after switching on Pre-Amp mode it displays the 5.1.2 speaker configuration that I previously setup. I could here the Amp shut off and am running a Outlaw 7000 amp. Flawless! Now when I add more speakers and another amp I'll run the initial setup wizard again. I searched all over for a clear explanation from Denon or Audioholics and there was no info on speaker configs with pre-amp. Hope this helps someone.

4701 - 4720 of 5051 Posts