AVS Forum banner

4741 - 4760 of 6275 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello everybody!

I am somewhat of a noob and I ran into a problem that puzzles me. I upgraded my old Onkyo for Denon AVR-X2700H and the video feed goes away from TV at random times. The sound still comes through but TV says "no video feed" or "corrupt signal". The feed from the sat box is normal 1080p broadcast.
Setup is as follows: CBL/SAT box Arris VIP4302 -> Denon AVR -> LG 65UH850V. All cables HDMI (probably 1.4)
Video comes back when restarting AVR or TV or switching sources back and forth from some other source.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this or has any clue what to do? Thanks in advance.
Saw this with a regular HDMI cable coming from the cable box to a 4k TV. I upgrade the HDMI cable problem is gone! Set cable box to 1080i. Let the Denon do the upconversion.

·
Vendor
28,048 Posts
Saw this with a regular HDMI cable coming from the cable box to a 4k TV. I upgrade the HDMI cable problem is gone! Set cable box to 1080i. Let the Denon do the upconversion.
That's great it was a quick fix like that :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Slightly off topic, and I apologize in advance if this is not pertinent to the discussions, but which is the ideal place for the external amp?

I have a huge stand/cabinet for my tv, with 2 large 34” center shelves along with huge cutouts at the back to accommodate cables/wires etc. Is it ok to put the 4700h on the top center shelf and the amp on the bottom center shelf? Or should I invest in the 4 tier avr rack from monoprice? Where do you guys keep your AvR/amp?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I am running into issue with my Panasonic 820 4k Blu Ray player and Denon X3700H receiver. I can see the video just fine (using a regular Blu Ray Disk, not 4k disk).but no audio.

I have the following equipment:

LG GX 65" (The earc works fine with receiver when I choose TV Audio)
Denon AVR X3700H HDMI in has Panasonic 820 and RCN Cable. HDMI out to LG GX TV. 5.1 speaker setup.
Panasonic 820 4K can play a Blu Ray disk (not 4k) with video, but no audio.
The RCN works fine with Denon receiver.
I am using all Monoprice 8k cables.

Anyone ruin into this issue?

Is the problem with the Denon receiver or Panasonic Blu Ray Player?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Firstly go to your players menu for video l think its under select for hdmi out that your sending both video and audio on your main out from player not just video. Or while video playing just toggle through the avr surround sound options on the remote down around bottom of remote (movie) and see if you pick up any sound that way. Another thing with the player in audio set to bitstream and secondary audio off this will allow player to send through atmos.

Reactions: Madmax67

·
Registered
7 Posts
Firstly go to your players menu for video l think its under select for hdmi out that your sending both video and audio on your main out from player not just video. Or while video playing just toggle through the avr surround sound options on the remote down around bottom of remote (movie) and see if you pick up any sound that way. Another thing with the player in audio set to bitstream and secondary audio off this will allow player to send through atmos.
Thanks for the reply.

1) Firstly go to your players menu for video l think its under select for hdmi out that your sending both video and audio on your main out from player not just vide0

a. It was set to Auto (Audio and Video), but I changed it to just Audio and Video. Made no difference.

2) While video playing just toggle through the avr surround sound options on the remote down around bottom of remote (movie) and see if you pick up any sound that way

a. I tried all the modes. It didn't pickup any sound.

3) Another thing with the player in audio set to bitstream and secondary audio off this will allow player to send through atmos.

I went to the 820 player -> Setup -> Player Settings -> Audio -> Digital Audio Output

a. Dolby Audio Bitstream
b. DTS/DTS-HD Bitstream
c. BD-Video Secondary Audio OFF (Changed it to off)

I am only using 5.1 (no Atmos), but I turned c above to OFF, but it made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anyone else getting audio dropouts, or where the receiver stops outputting audio altogether?

I just got an eARC upgrade for my Sony X900h TV. I have the TV's eARC (HDMI3) connected to Denon eARC port. Occasionally I'll get audio dropouts from TV's internal apps. Also, I tried connecting my Blu-ray player directly to TV, and TV should route audio back to my receiver. It starts to work, but then when I jump movie chapters, audio stops working completely. I can sometimes toggle back and forth between the TV speakers and my receiver to get it working again. I'm using Ruipro 8k HDMI 2.1 cables. 10ft between TV and receiver. I suspect this is some type of eARC handshake issue or cable issue?

Update: I also tried pairing bluetooth earbuds. They didn't receive any audio either, until I turned the receiver off and then back on. Then audio started working again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

1) Firstly go to your players menu for video l think its under select for hdmi out that your sending both video and audio on your main out from player not just vide0

a. It was set to Auto (Audio and Video), but I changed it to just Audio and Video. Made no difference.

2) While video playing just toggle through the avr surround sound options on the remote down around bottom of remote (movie) and see if you pick up any sound that way

a. I tried all the modes. It didn't pickup any sound.

3) Another thing with the player in audio set to bitstream and secondary audio off this will allow player to send through atmos.

I went to the 820 player -> Setup -> Player Settings -> Audio -> Digital Audio Output

a. Dolby Audio Bitstream
b. DTS/DTS-HD Bitstream
c. BD-Video Secondary Audio OFF (Changed it to off)

I am only using 5.1 (no Atmos), but I turned c above to OFF, but it made no difference.

Any other suggestions?
Will sound stupid but found a few forums with people getting video no sound on denon receivers. Apparently there gets a dust build up in the headphone jack and it tricks it into thinking the headphones are connected. They just blow into the jack to clear the dust and have reported getting sound back you could try this.

Reactions: Madmax67

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like my audio issues may be some bad cables. Ruipro 8k cables FAILED the Denon 18Gb/40Gb diagnostic test. But passed only on 9Gb test.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Intermittently having problems switching between inputs. If one input gives me problems, switching back doesn't always fix it...have to turn off the receiver and turn it back on. Lots of what I assume are handshake issues too. 1080P signal from DirecTV results in no signal, switch back to 1080i it works. Try again, and it works...then change the input and change back and no signal again. Turn on enhanced color on TV for HDR color and enhanced on the recevier and it results in no signal (with high speed HDMI cables). Change the receiver back to "Standard", and the signal comes back (without HDR). @jdsmoothie , I saw the note about 2018 Samsung OLEDs, but not my tv specifically regarding HDR color. Is this a Denon or Samsung issue? Any ideas? Not being able to see 1080P from DirecTV is the most surprising.

X3700H
Samsung UN65NU8000 TV
LG UP970 UHD player
DirecTV HR54

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Looks like my audio issues may be some bad cables. Ruipro 8k cables FAILED the Denon 18Gb/40Gb diagnostic test. But passed only on 9Gb test.
How can that be when eARC doesn't even use the data strands that the Denon diagnostic tool is supposedly testing? eARC uses the seperate ethernet copper cable which only passes audio. You cant test that using the receiver.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
If your blu ray player is an Ultra HD player then you can test the cable by connecting the player through the receiver and sending a 4K HDR titles signal at 4:4:4 Chroma and that will be about 11.1 Gbps at 10 bits. That would make the 9 Gbps max test suspect.

·
Premium Member
89,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,753
Slightly off topic, and I apologize in advance if this is not pertinent to the discussions, but which is the ideal place for the external amp?

I have a huge stand/cabinet for my tv, with 2 large 34” center shelves along with huge cutouts at the back to accommodate cables/wires etc. Is it ok to put the 4700h on the top center shelf and the amp on the bottom center shelf? Or should I invest in the 4 tier avr rack from monoprice? Where do you guys keep your AvR/amp?
Doesn't matter where you place them as long as there is at least 3-4" clearance above them with open front and back or at least 2" clearance above the AVR to place an external fan (eg. AC Infinity Aircom T8).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello,

I am running into issue with my Panasonic 820 4k Blu Ray player and Denon X3700H receiver. I can see the video just fine (using a regular Blu Ray Disk, not 4k disk).but no audio.

I have the following equipment:

LG GX 65" (The earc works fine with receiver when I choose TV Audio)
Denon AVR X3700H HDMI in has Panasonic 820 and RCN Cable. HDMI out to LG GX TV. 5.1 speaker setup.
Panasonic 820 4K can play a Blu Ray disk (not 4k) with video, but no audio.
The RCN works fine with Denon receiver.
I am using all Monoprice 8k cables.

Anyone ruin into this issue?

Is the problem with the Denon receiver or Panasonic Blu Ray Player?

Any help would be appreciated!
If you are using eARC, make sure the audio track you're playing is using a Dolby format as 2020 LG TVs can't decode nor passthrough DTS audio.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Doesn't matter where you place them as long as there is at least 3-4" clearance above them with open front and back or at least 2" clearance above the AVR to place an external fan (eg. AC Infinity Aircom T8).
Thanks a lot. Is this fan plug and play? I will try to get this ASAP.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks a lot. Is this fan plug and play? I will try to get this ASAP.
More or less. You just put it on top and power it on. It has some configurable settings, mostly to do with the max temp you want to allow the AVR to get to before the fans kick in, etc.

Reactions: Magiclakez

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Are you getting any video?

What length cable? Someone (in this forum) told me eARC becomes very unreliable beyond 25'. I tried several 4k/8k ruipro at 10m and had intermittent issues. Sometimes I have green video (hdmi issue) and sometimes screeching audio. I tested each of them and they intermittently passed the 4k and 8k HDMI tests via my x4700. I tried the power inserter as well.

I got tired of trying/testing cables replaced them with a 30' active Bluejeans cable and so far things are much better. The only sound issues I have is with DD+ over eARC.

·
Registered
235 Posts
More or less. You just put it on top and power it on. It has some configurable settings, mostly to do with the max temp you want to allow the AVR to get to before the fans kick in, etc.
That’s awesome. I wouldn’t want it to run all the time. What is the recommended max temp before the fan kicks in? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Are you getting any video?
He's using eARC which only passes audio and running video through his TV.

Someone (in this forum) told me eARC becomes very unreliable beyond 25'.
That's basic ARC. eARC hasn't been around that long to come to that conclusion.

I tried several 4k/8k ruipro at 10m and had intermittent issues. Sometimes I have green video (hdmi issue) and sometimes screeching audio. I tested each of them and they intermittently passed the 4k and 8k HDMI tests via my x4700. I tried the power inserter as well.
Ruipro cables have been independently tested using professional ISF certified testing gear to pass at a minimum 18Gbps up to 100 feet and many people on AVS have been using them at long distance for a while now to pass 4K HDR when other cables couldn't so something isn't adding up.

I got tired of trying/testing cables replaced them with a 30' active Bluejeans cable and so far things are much better. The only sound issues I have is with DD+ over eARC.
Blue Jeans assembles quality cables and connectors. Good choice.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
If you are using eARC, make sure the audio track you're playing is using a Dolby format as 2020 LG TVs can't decode nor passthrough DTS audio.
He's running the 820 player through the receiver so eARC isn't being used. I'd reseat the cables, power the 820, receiver and TV on and off, try another HDMI input and or try another blu ray disc if he hasn't already.

4741 - 4760 of 6275 Posts