AVS Forum banner

5201 - 5206 of 5206 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
I think its safe for them to assume that all of their customers have at least 1080p displays. Denon's UI is straight out of the 90s. It doesn't affect functionality but it still sticks out like a sore thumb compared to every other device.
As someone who came from an early 2000 model Denon to a 2016 one the GUI isn't that bad. As far as other devices I don't see my 2 OPPO players interfaces looking all that much better.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
My biggest complaint is that when you press "up" at the top of a list, or "down" at the bottom of a list, it should "wrap around" and move the selection to the other end of the list. Almost every other system I have does this, it's a nice friendly way to speed up navigation. So when one system doesn't implement such a simple and very friendly thing, it makes it nasty, almost obnoxious, to use.
That bugs the Hell out of me too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
3 meters is currently the maximum passive cable length expected to even pass the higher bandwidth and active cables aren't allowed to be submitted for UHS certification so I don't see anything wrong with ports maxing out at 40Gbps. No reason to be surprised by something you already knew about but I post things for everyone to read. Not a referendum on what you individually know or don't know. I'm sure you know a lot. Putting chip resources to other things makes sense right now until 12 bit panels become more common.
Yeah, I agree there. In practical use it won't make a difference.
It seems like HDMI 2.1 implementations are a bit messy across the board. Had some issues with my 3080 playing nice with my LG tv and now we have the chip issues with the AVRs.
I do hope these can get resolved because when it's firing on all cylinders the results are nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Yeah, I agree there. In practical use it won't make a difference.
It seems like HDMI 2.1 implementations are a bit messy across the board. Had some issues with my 3080 playing nice with my LG tv and now we have the chip issues with the AVRs.
I do hope these can get resolved because when it's firing on all cylinders the results are nothing short of amazing.
Yeah I feel bad for you gamers. Think we all kind of saw this coming though but just got sucked into all the hype on the changes. "It just screamed too much at once!"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi guys, does 4K 60hz HDR VRR works when PC or Xbox is connected to AVR or the chip bug affects also this resolution?
Thanks

M_C

·
Premium Member
88,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,206
Hi guys, does 4K 60hz HDR VRR works when PC or Xbox is connected to AVR or the chip bug affects also this resolution?
Thanks

M_C
What if I would rather have higher bit depth instead of 120Hz refresh rate for my 4K gaming experience?

A: Stay with 60Hz for refresh rate on your gaming console’s setup menu so that you can select up to 12bit for bit depth. Connect your gaming console through the AVR’s 8K input and enable “8K ENHANCED” for 4K/8K Signal Format on your AVR’s setup menu.

5201 - 5206 of 5206 Posts