AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2427 Posts

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
543 Posts
So basically I should keep eyes open for a refurb X3500 or something cheap to replace my 3300 is what it sounds like since the 3700 won't really get me anything
3600/3700 add 2 more channels over the 3500.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dumb question but someone asked if these only had (1) HDMI 2.1 port. It should be 1 port + the eARC monitor port, yes? So ability to plug in 1 HDMI 2.1 item and plug others straight into an LG OLED? With the eARC able to handle the HDMI 2.1 items plugged in?
Correct.

1ea - HDMI 2.1 input
2ea - HDMI 2.1 main zone monitor outputs

Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have been debating for months on the 3600 or 4500. Finally today I decided to pull the trigger. Something happened with him he Amazon order and it didn’t go through. While waiting on Amazon customer service I came across the Denon release date. I couldn’t make sure it was canceled fast enough. 4700 comes out on my Birthday to boot (well 14th). I’ll take it as divine intervention.

Reactions: mustangtexas

·
Registered
42 Posts
For anyone curious I have a 2019 Denon S750H which I got for $200 a few months ago. It has eARC and HDMI 2.1 functionality and I’ve had no issues using eARC from an LG B9 on any of the internal apps and getting DTS and Dolby Atmos with no issues. I’ve ran my Xbox one into my TV and gotten Dolby Atmos out to the receiver as well.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
- Added via future firmware update:
- Screen saver - moving DENON icon as well as moving MUTE icon (December 2020)
Wow finally. This is probably the most practical new feature. :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been debating for months on the 3600 or 4500. Finally today I decided to pull the trigger. Something happened with him he Amazon order and it didn’t go through. While waiting on Amazon customer service I came across the Denon release date. I couldn’t make sure it was canceled fast enough. 4700 comes out on my Birthday to boot (well 14th). I’ll take it as divine intervention.

indeed!

·
Registered
613 Posts
re: preamp mode. totally agreed. this is super exciting!

quick question though... do you guys know if this is an all or nothing mode?

i only have 1 stereo amp for L&R. not sure if i will ever get amps for everything else. could i disable just the front L&R mode or will it disable everything and you must have amps for all the channels?

i poked around the 'manual' and only saw these 2 relevant pages but it's not super clear:
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3700H/NA/EN/DRDZSYhylpohod.php
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3700H/NA/EN/DRDZSYasydxfyy.php#DRDZMLwkekzqtf

i imagine it's a all or nothing proposition and that the higher models might allow for this type of granular adjustment no?
I have an x8500, and in custom amp assign you can pick and choose what channels you want disconnected. So for example you can choose to set L/R/C channels to none and the amps will be disconnected. The manual doesn’️t do a very good job at explaining this but I have used it and this can be done.
I have the x8500h and my fronts are running through Emotiva amp.
Do I need to disconnect in amp settings or does it just recognize the Emotiva?

·
Registered
98 Posts
For anyone curious I have a 2019 Denon S750H which I got for $200 a few months ago. It has eARC and HDMI 2.1 functionality and I’ve had no issues using eARC from an LG B9 on any of the internal apps and getting DTS and Dolby Atmos with no issues. I’ve ran my Xbox one into my TV and gotten Dolby Atmos out to the receiver as well.

thats good to know, i hope that c9 will be ok with a refurbished denon 4500 then!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Something I noticed for the 6700 for those who like Auro3D--it has the upgraded implementation of Auro which includes channel expansion and "Movie Mode." Only the 8500 in the D&M lineup had these features before.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
SO just so I understand correctly - The entire series of 2020 AVRs only has one HDMI 2.1 40Gbps input port? Thats seems odd. By end of the year with the new consoles and a PC ill have at least three sources that I want to connect to HDMI 2.1 ports.
From the Audioholics Denon Press Event today:
They said the other 8 inputs will support QFT and VRR -- so that's good news!

See here:

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Out of all of those, since I don't plan on going above 5.1.2 for another few years to come, would the AVR-X2700H make the most sense for me at least?

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
543 Posts
Out of all of those, since I don't plan on going above 5.1.2 for another few years to come, would the AVR-X2700H make the most sense for me at least?
In the first post, JD lists all the features you would gain by going with a 3700. It is up to you whether those features are worth it. Aside from the extra channels, MultiEQ XT32 is probably the biggest thing to consider.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that's way out of my price range. plus i'd rather have a 3700/4700 + $ on external amps >P
This is the debate I am having. a 3700 + external amps, or the 6700. I already have a Behringer EP4000 collecting dust, so there is 2 channels (L/R) already take care of.

Wait, can I run the Behringer EP4000 for my L/R channels with the 3700, and still achieve 7.2.4?

If all I am getting this year is one 2.1HDMI, the 3700 + another couple external amps seem to be the way to go. A much easier pill to swallow and can upgrade in 2 years when we get more 2.1 content and receiver choices.

·
Registered
585 Posts
3600/3700 add 2 more channels over the 3500.
Yeah but I don't run anything more than 7.2 in any of the rooms I have an AVR which the 3500 (and 3600) do- and don't really plan on moving anytime soon :)

If the 3700 had offered HDMI2.1 on all ports I'd probably have gone that way just to avoid any potential earc issues and just because the wiring is marginally cleaner.... but with just 1 it's really pointless to spend 2-3x as much as a year or two old model if I'm gonna have to rely on earc either way

I've been waiting to upgrade my x4300h which doesn't have eARC so these models are a worthwhile upgrade to me. I've also been wanting to try the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization because I'm not able to set up the discrete speakers in my living room. The one HDMI 2.1 port is fine in the near term. Technically I don't need that feature at all because I don't really expect it to make much of a difference for the next gen of consoles, and for my PC I've been running the video to the TV directly and the audio to the AVR using a displayport to hdmi adapter.
Hang on... you're saying I can run my PC video card HDMI to the TV, and run PC DP->HDMI from same video card to AVR for audio? Hell I wouldn't need to upgrade from my 3300 at all in that case right? That never even occurred to me but would be perfect if it works...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if a 7.2.6 setup with FH, TM, RH height positions is possible with these new 13 channel Denons? My room is smaller at 10.5 X 15.5 ft and I am currently running a 7.2.4 setup with TF and TR height designations. I would be interested in adding a pair of FH if it’s possible. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hang on... you're saying I can run my PC video card HDMI to the TV, and run PC DP->HDMI from same video card to AVR for audio? Hell I wouldn't need to upgrade from my 3300 at all in that case right? That never even occurred to me but would be perfect if it works...
Yep. Just extend your display in your graphics card settings, make the TV the primary, and the receiver the secondary. I also went in the Windows sound settings and disabled the audio going to the TV so I didn't get audio from both devices.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Damn, I have to wait until August for the X2700H... :(

Would've been nice of them to at least add HD Radio Tuners too.

·
Premium Member
87,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if a 7.2.6 setup with FH, TM, RH height positions is possible with these new 13 channel Denons? My room is smaller at 10.5 X 15.5 ft and I am currently running a 7.2.4 setup with TF and TR height designations. I would be interested in adding a pair of FH if it’s possible. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. However, the new X6700H is the only 2020 model that can expand to 13 channels. Refer to p. 65 and p. 72 in the Owner's manual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
This is the debate I am having. a 3700 + external amps, or the 6700. I already have a Behringer EP4000 collecting dust, so there is 2 channels (L/R) already take care of.

Wait, can I run the Behringer EP4000 for my L/R channels with the 3700, and still achieve 7.2.4?

If all I am getting this year is one 2.1HDMI, the 3700 + another couple external amps seem to be the way to go. A much easier pill to swallow and can upgrade in 2 years when we get more 2.1 content and receiver choices.
Yes. Possible on the X3600H so no reason it should not continue on the X3700H and X4700H.

81 - 100 of 2427 Posts