AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Vendor
27,562 Posts
This is your brain talking, get the SR8015.
lol, you more then likely are correct.
I am also having a bad feeling regarding the AV7706 now. Not having the redesigned HDAMs of the SR8015, probably means it measures as poorly as the AV7705 and SR7015. Starting to consider the SR8015 as the best option now since it measured really good, is built in Japan, has a toroidal power supply and monolithic amp design etc. Only thing is I don't need all of the 11 amps inside it. Many of them will just be idling. Would be nice to have an option to turn off unused amps or do it automatically after running Audyssey. I guess Eco Auto mode helps though.
We should probably wait for them to come out and see what user have to say.....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Will AV7706 get DTS X Pro update?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For 7.2.4/HDMI 2.0 setup, what would be a better Pre Pro - 8805 or 7706?

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
For 7.2.4/HDMI 2.0 setup, what would be a better Pre Pro - 8805 or 7706?
The AV8805 is the current "flagship" pre/pro with better components and the better choice unless you want a feature on the AV7706 that will not be released to the AV8805 (eg. Speaker Preset to allow storing 2 Audyssey EQ curves on board the AVP).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does anyone know how many watts does the sr6015 give out if all channels are driven?

It only states 110w at 2 channels driven so if i use all 9 channels, will it mean that it would only give out around 25watts per channel? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Does anyone know how many watts does the sr6015 give out if all channels are driven?

It only states 110w at 2 channels driven so if i use all 9 channels, will it mean that it would only give out around 25watts per channel? Thanks.
I already answered this in the other thread you posted in so no need to double post.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another update on the 7015, anyone know what has been updated?...ive checked with the marantz website, but the 7015 isn't even listed yet in the firmware section. I wish the would attach notes somewere

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
SR6015 or Sonos?

I have an 11 y/o SR6010 in my LR running a basic 5.1. it does the job

I would like to add 2 ceiling speakers to the kitchen (almost an open floor plan) and 2-4 speakers to back yard (short distance from SR6009).

I have used Sonos and find it very simple with decent sound for ceiling rear yard. Simple matters because even with a harmony remote and Alexa, I’m not sure how other members of house will find user experience with a SR6015. I like the SR6015 because it would upgrade my SR6010 and give two more zones. I am seeing some good prices on SR60015
I like simplicity of Sonos but those amps are 650 each and are only 2.1.
Is anyone using the multi zone and how do you find the user experience?

·
Premium Member
88,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
SR6015 or Sonos?

I have an 11 y/o SR6010 in my LR running a basic 5.1. it does the job

I would like to add 2 ceiling speakers to the kitchen (almost an open floor plan) and 2-4 speakers to back yard (short distance from SR6009).

I have used Sonos and find it very simple with decent sound for ceiling rear yard. Simple matters because even with a harmony remote and Alexa, I’m not sure how other members of house will find user experience with a SR6015. I like the SR6015 because it would upgrade my SR6010 and give two more zones. I am seeing some good prices on SR60015
I like simplicity of Sonos but those amps are 650 each and are only 2.1.
Is anyone using the multi zone and how do you find the user experience?
Not sure what you mean by "two more zones"? The SR6010 is a 2015 5.1 + Zone 2 model so is already capable of 2 zones. The 2020 SR 6015 is a 9CH model that is also only capable of 2 zones.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok.. so the sr6014 and 15 are only two zone. Gotcha. I could do main zone with 5.2.1 (ceilings). Then use 2 channel zone 2 for kitchen ceiling. In spring I can get heos amp for deck/pool. Seems like it is stable for 4 speakers on two channels.

does anyone use the Heos with a mix of receiver, amps, and stand alone speakers?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Yes, an HDMI handshake issue. You can try changing to another source other than CBL/SAT and then back to the CBL/SAT source again. Otherwise, HDMI handshake issues can be mitigated by powering on your components in a specific order, generally: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source.
Do I need to turn off the CEC feature prior to powering on the devices in order?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know how to enter the AVR HDMI diagnostic mode on the SR7015? I found the Denon 2020 X4700 info which is different than the older SR7013 so I am reluctant to use it. There does not appear to be any info on the SR7105 that I can find.

Thanks,

PG55

·
Registered
Marantz SR5015, Epson projector, Focal Cobalt 816 speakers
195 Posts
Guys,

I've had my Marantz SR5015 for about a week now. So far I'm really enjoying it. I used to have the slim NR1506 but it get fried when my building was struck by lightning.

Anyway, the NR1506 used to do this thing that I liked: when I turned on an external source such as my AppleTV or blu-ray player, it would automatically switch to the corresponding input. It was nice and convenient.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the SR5015 do that. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Important to remember that until the DTS:X Pro update is released, DTS:X and DTS Neural:X audio is limited to 7.2.4.
Yes, thanks, and speaking of which, any word on when this update will be available?
That isn't the issue I have here. Looks like it is definitely a software bug 'acquired' at some point. I had a few of these with the SR7011 previously, and the bugs usually required a processor reset.

As it happens I'm rearranging my lounge and layout of speakers, and been reviewing options for height speakers. I've come to realise that atmos layouts have some limitations e.g. it doesn't support surround height, and only rear height. Also atmos doesn't support the centre height or top surround. Why the limitations?
On the other hand, am I correct in thinking that DTS has no such restrictions? Currently it supports 11 channels, but with the DTS:X pro update will support 13 channels?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got a marantz sr6015 and I was hoping one you fine lads could help me out. this 2.1 HDMI thing has me a bit confused, connection wise.

I have 3 HDMI sources, all of which are gaming units. 1 of those is HDMI 2.1, the incoming new xbox. I know that goes into the 2.1/8K input on the AVR.

My question is this: for my other 2 HDMI sources that will go into the regular HDMI inputs, will they also be output thru the 8K OUT to my TV or do I need to send those signals out from the HDMI Monitor output to my TV?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I bought some speakers for surround back. My room setup and listening position do not allow for side surrounds. How am I supposed to configure this on my SR8015 ?

In the manual configuration, if side surround are set to None, then I cannot enable surround back.
In audyssey, if it doesn't detect side surround, it flags it as an error.
If I choose to ignore the error, it then disables the surround back speakers.
So what am I supposed to do? Connect my surround back to the surround terminals ? And is that really going to sound OK for things like Atmos when the direction of the speakers is not the one the receiver assumes ???

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The former. All inputs should be able to display to their max resolution/refresh up to 8K to Monitor1 and Monitor2. Everything will be limited to 4K on Zone 2.

My question is this: for my other 2 HDMI sources that will go into the regular HDMI inputs, will they also be output thru the 8K OUT to my TV or do I need to send those signals out from the HDMI Monitor output to my TV?

161 - 180 of 213 Posts