AVS Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2922 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
You just reminded me about another annoying issue I have. It's with the hdmi board possibly. I orginally had my oppo 203 player connected to hdmi 2 in the anthem. I would only get sound and no picture to display. I swapped hdmi cables and still had an issue. I directly connected the original hdmi cable to my tv and it was fine. I then tried connecting my cable box ( direct tv) to hdmi 2 on the avm 70, same thing was happening. Sometimes I would get sound, other times there would be no sound or picture. I pushed the unit back physically and all of a sudden the picture would display. The TV Calibrator saw this happen and said it's definitely not a software issue, it appears to be hardware. What's the best way to reach anthem? Email? Sorry I'm at work for a few hours today, can someone please share their email? Thank you! Overall I'm enjoying the avm 70, but those issues are very annoying.

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,158 Posts
You just reminded me about another annoying issue I have. It's with the hdmi board possibly. I orginally had my oppo 203 player connected to hdmi 2 in the anthem. I would only get sound and no picture to display. I swapped hdmi cables and still had an issue. I directly connected the original hdmi cable to my tv and it was fine. I then tried connecting my cable box ( direct tv) to hdmi 2 on the avm 70, same thing was happening. Sometimes I would get sound, other times there would be no sound or picture. I pushed the unit back physically and all of a sudden the picture would display. The TV Calibrator saw this happen and said it's definitely not a software issue, it appears to be hardware. What's the best way to reach anthem? Email? Sorry I'm at work for a few hours today, can someone please share their email? Thank you! Overall I'm enjoying the avm 70, but those issues are very annoying.
Email or phone

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,158 Posts
Thank you, email sent! I'll see what ends up happening next. You had your unit replaced by anthem or did the store give you another one?
My dealer made the switch but it was approved by Anthem’s regional.

I had a much better service going through my dealer FYI.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Does anyone know how to force the AVM70 to renew its IP address? I created a reservation on my router so it keeps a static IP but don’t see the setting to force it to renew.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I restarted the AVM70 for it to pick up its static assignment.

However, the web UI doesn’t seem to work when I connect via the host name I set in my DNS rather than IP. Just a blank page.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Reactions: jsgrise

·
Registered
314 Posts
IMAX does NOT use subwoofers.
You need all large speakers that can reach low notes.
This is as pe imax .
I don’t think that is accurate.

IMAX does use subwoofers, but there is no discreet LFE channel in their theatrical soundtracks. Bass frequencies from all channels are crossed over at 70Hz to the subwoofer(s).

I believe their home DTS:X IMAX enhanced soundtracks do have a discreet LFE channel.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Reactions: jsgrise

·
Registered
POLK LSI SPEAKERS
552 Posts
Sound united do a video on the U tube website all on I MAX sound
They use full-range speakers at the cinema
However in the home theater they use a crossover of 70 Hrtz

·
Registered
646 Posts
So my 70 was working great. Sent a tweak of ARC to it and now it does not see any audio from any input! So I did the hard reset (menu/power) same thing! Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
So my 70 was working great. Sent a tweak of ARC to it and now it does not see any audio from any input! So I did the hard reset (menu/power) same thing! Any ideas?
Ouch. I’m assuming that you already tried to unplug the unit?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh yea another member said and I agree the dsp firmware is missing! I thought I saw where someone on this site had a firmware update from Anthem! I sure could use it!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
any way to reinstall the firmware?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I don’t think that is accurate.

IMAX does use subwoofers, but there is no discreet LFE channel in their theatrical soundtracks. Bass frequencies from all channels are crossed over at 70Hz to the subwoofer(s).

I believe their home DTS:X IMAX enhanced soundtracks do have a discreet LFE channel.
Very much do, I coincidently was testing out bad boys for life only last week !

it has a very awesome imax track and plenty sub and lfe action there to be had :D

Sound united do a video on the U tube website all on I MAX sound
They use full-range speakers at the cinema
However in the home theater they use a crossover of 70 Hrtz
Indeed they did, just last month :)

It’s quite long talking whole imax thing with folks from dts, imax etc, and Phil Jones specifically calls out at one times. Please folks while imax might run large in commercial theatre he makes point in home most folks don’t have that and not to run speakers large /full range :)

Thanks, that works.
not Sure if planning to let anthem know, I would, they may not be aware is an issue or there might be something in config setup just needs to be done at consumer end for the sub to work with imax :)

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
My question is what movie were you watching that triggered the IMAX sound format?
in my recent testing of DTS-X and Imax couple of the discs i tried had the Imax enhanced soundtrack which select by default. according to video above ... 2021 is really the year we are going to see more of Imax enhanced discs...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Officially an anthem owner. Not to knit pick these package has been thru some turbulent times. I can stick my finger in the hole and can clearly see and touch the processor. I do not feel any styrofoam at all. Hope its all good inside. My 5 channel MCA arrives at the end of the week, hope it is in better shape than this. Would you guys open this or take it back . Its hammered pretty good on the other side as well. I am not blaming Anthem ( should there not be styrofoam protecting it on all sides.

Attachments

2701 - 2720 of 2922 Posts