Status
Not open for further replies.
34501 - 34520 of 79637 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar /forum/post/0

Just for yuks, disconnect the recently added speaks and see if it calibrates properly. You don't need to complete the setup, just see if it gets past the spot where it is stopping now.

Still one it says it's still measuring and the left front speaker is highlighted in blue

·
Registered
127 Posts
And it's not moving to the other channels either

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobydoo /forum/post/19801542

I will ask again. Does anybody know or have a chart or graph showing the frequency corrections of the two Audyssey microphones?

When Jeff wrote that what you are looking for doesn't exist, I'm sure he was thinking back to Chris's comments that the mic calibration curves are proprietary and are not made available:

Quote:
Originally Posted by audyssey /forum/post/13722453

We actually do consider this to be proprietary. It's not as simple as having a "good reference mic". It has to be the right type and the measurement method is extremely tricky to get it right, particularly at high frequencies.

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell /forum/post/19802694

When Jeff wrote that what you are looking for doesn't exist, I'm sure he was thinking back to Chris's comments that the mic calibration curves are proprietary and are not made available:

I was thinking beyond that, Bill. There'd be nothing he could do with the cal file even if he had it. The cal file doesn't say jack about the "frequency corrections" made by Audyssey.

Jeff

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayb2006 /forum/post/19802627

Still one it says it's still measuring and the left front speaker is highlighted in blue

So it is unrelated to the new speakers you added?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Onkyo tx-sr707 with Audyssey enabled. If I want to try my setup with a phantom center instead of the actual center which was calibrated, should I run Audyssey again after setting the center to none? Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayb2006 /forum/post/19802648

And it's not moving to the other channels either

For some reason you might have encountered a glitch during your attempt at calibration and locked up the calibration.

If all your speaker cables are properly hooked up and there are no shorted wires, etc., then your AVR might need a reset.

First try a "soft" reset. Disconnect the AVR from its power source. Don't just turn it off. Unplug it or turn off whaterver it's plugged into. Wait a minute or two, then restore the power and try Audyssey again. This proccedure might do it for you.

If that doesn't do the trick you should try a full ("hard") reset. I'm not familiar with the exact proceedure to use on your particular model, but you can find out through Onkyo product support (800-229-1687).

As an example, with my AVR you would:

1) Turn the receiver on.

2) Press and hold the VCR/DVR button on the front panel of the receiver (not the remote) and while holding that button down press the STANDBY/ON button on the front panel.

3) The word "Clear" will come up in the display screen and the receiver will then go into the standby mode. All of your custom settings will be lost, it will revert to the factory default settings as if it just came out of the box.

4) Once it goes into the standby mode you can turn it back on and proceed to go through all of your stettings in the setup menu, including the Audyssey calibration.

Time consuming, but far better than having to box it up and return it to a factory service center. It's worth a try if all else fails.

Cheers,

SB

·
Premium Member
24,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar /forum/post/19802768

There'd be nothing he could do with the cal file even if he had it.

If one could get the cal file for the Pro mike, it could be used w/3rd party measurement s/w.

It's a shame to have to buy another calibrated mike instead.

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz /forum/post/19803066

If one could get the cal file for the Pro mike, it could be used w/3rd party measurement s/w.

It's a shame to have to buy another calibrated mike instead.

I sent my Pro mic to a company and had them generate a cal file. I get no different results with it than with the other calibrated mic I own. It was probably a waste of money.

But that wasn't what he wanted it for. He thought by looking at the cal file that he could, oh he11 I don't even know anymore what he ...

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scionfriar /forum/post/19802867

I have an Onkyo tx-sr707 with Audyssey enabled. If I want to try my setup with a phantom center instead of the actual center which was calibrated, should I run Audyssey again after setting the center to none? Thanks!

I suppose that you could simply disconnect the center speaker, but you would need to "tell" the receiver/processor that you didn't have a center channel speaker and that would make re-running Audyssey necessary.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:

You can just turn down the center to where you can no longer hear it.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell /forum/post/19802694

Thanks Bill, I thought that might be the case.

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobydoo /forum/post/19803321

You can just turn down the center to where you can no longer hear it.

That is not going to work. The center channel information will be lost, not re-routed to the L&R.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotcheckBilly /forum/post/19803055

For some reason you might have encountered a glitch during your attempt at calibration and locked up the calibration.

If all your speaker cables are properly hooked up and there are no shorted wires, etc., then your AVR might need a reset.

First try a "soft" reset. Disconnect the AVR from its power source. Don't just turn it off. Unplug it or turn off whaterver it's plugged into. Wait a minute or two, then restore the power and try Audyssey again. This proccedure might do it for you.

If that doesn't do the trick you should try a full ("hard") reset. I'm not familiar with the exact proceedure to use on your particular model, but you can find out through Onkyo product support (800-229-1687).

As an example, with my AVR you would:

1) Turn the receiver on.

2) Press and hold the VCR/DVR button on the front panel of the receiver (not the remote) and while holding that button down press the STANDBY/ON button on the front panel.

3) The word "Clear" will come up in the display screen and the receiver will then go into the standby mode. All of your custom settings will be lost, it will revert to the factory default settings as if it just came out of the box.

4) Once it goes into the standby mode you can turn it back on and proceed to go through all of your stettings in the setup menu, including the Audyssey calibration.

Time consuming, but far better than having to box it up and return it to a factory service center. It's worth a try if all else fails.

Cheers,

SB

you wre right about how to reset but its still having a problem..... im pulling my hair out!!!!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar /forum/post/19803153

I suppose that you could simply disconnect the center speaker, but you would need to "tell" the receiver/processor that you didn't have a center channel speaker and that would make re-running Audyssey necessary.

Actually you can take out a speaker that Audyssey has pinged and corrected without re running, at least on the Denons. Did it all the time, running DynEQ almost always, so I know Audyssey did not go away.

To the OP, assuming your receiver works like my Denon, since Audyssey pings the speakers indepently, there's no reason to rerun Audyssey. The center that is not making any noise has the same noneffect on the left right and surrounds whether it's not making any noise because Audyssey is not pinging it or because it does not exist.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar /forum/post/19803153

Why would you disconnect it, if you can simply set it to none?

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAz /forum/post/19803797

Actually you can take out a speaker that Audyssey has pinged and corrected without re running, at least on the Denons. Did it all the time, running DynEQ almost always, so I know Audyssey did not go away.

To the OP, assuming your receiver works like my Denon, since Audyssey pings the speakers indepently, there's no reason to rerun Audyssey. The center that is not making any noise has the same noneffect on the left right and surrounds whether it's not making any noise because Audyssey is not pinging it or because it does not exist.

I don't think you can switch from a hard center channel to a phantom center channel without changing the speaker configuration in settings. And I think when you change the speaker configuration Audyssey is turned off with the only way to get it back being to re-run it. I have never tried it, so I am only speculating. Maybe it is smart enough to know that the whole system doesn't need to be re-done, but then maybe not.

Jeff

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobydoo /forum/post/19804289

Why would you disconnect it, if you can simply set it to none?

It was a rambling, stream-of-consciousness post that should have been edited. The context was that the OP wanted to try a phantom center by setting the center channel speaker setting to NONE. At that point ... see above post.

·
Wireless member
27,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/19804420

quick question, I am looking into getting a different receiver. I currently have Audyssey Mult EQ XT. I was wondering if XT 32 is that much better?

thanks in advance

Seems to be according to those who have made the switch.

Jeff

34501 - 34520 of 79637 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.