AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In breaking news, Comcast has finally updated their channel listings to include the X1-only channels in their listings. I will finally be better able to give you readings on these.

Because these channels are not listed as X1-only, I have to ask Comcast customers. Are you able to see any of these without an X1 box? If so, I will need to reassess what is wide and limited for them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleo has apparently been announced for DirecTV. Date and HD is unknown, but I would figure it's likely.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
YouTube TV is dropping the Sinclair Fox Sports networks today.

As another note, Suddenlink has added Newsmax HD. It appears that one of the lineups that had a local SonLife affiliate no longer has it (Those channels constantly change), so I will remove that for them. It was only in the Tyler, TX DMA.

Also, I have an investigation I need someone to conduct for me, specifically with DirecTV. Is Living Faith Network HD on 379? I know Uplift renamed themselves Living Faith, but on Verizon (and Frontier), this has become PTL Network on 795. If someone can let me know how to split that or if it's a rename all around, that would be great. These obscure religious channels change names almost yearly.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I need someone to conduct for me, specifically with DirecTV. Is Living Faith Network HD on 379?
It is LFN, but it is NOT in HD for sure; neither was it's predecessor Uplift... ;)
but on Verizon (and Frontier), this has become PTL Network on 795. If someone can let me know how to split that or if it's a rename all around, that would be great
PTL is it's own channel & has been since 2015; FiOS evidently simply switched from one to the other:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is LFN, but it is NOT in HD for sure; neither was it's predecessor Uplift... ;)

PTL is it's own channel & has been since 2015; FiOS evidently simply switched from one to the other:
Well, that complicates things. These channels are such an annoyance, and the irony being how few people actually watch them.

So Living Faith Network is in "HD". I think most of these are essentially that.

The problem is that a lot of the content is probably not filmed in HD, but some of it might be. This has been something I've noticed when I've flipped to JBS HD (798) on Verizon Fios. I've never seen anything that really looks like it's HD.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Verizon Fios agreement with AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh expired at midnight, and they currently do not have a deal.

With the Pirates and Penguins seasons now over, this may be a long dispute.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Frontier has dropped MSG.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some minor updates for the chart with the RSN disputes added.

I added a few limited channels that have turned up on some different lineups for WOW!, thanks to the added launches of their IPTV WOW! TV+ platform.

I've also moved Impact Network HD to wide for Cox.

Some good news for El Rey fans, the channel has actually turned up in HD recently on Suddenlink systems, as well as Newsmax HD.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Some minor updates for the chart with the RSN disputes added.

I added a few limited channels that have turned up on some different lineups for WOW!, thanks to the added launches of their IPTV WOW! TV+ platform.

I've also moved Impact Network HD to wide for Cox.

Some good news for El Rey fans, the channel has actually turned up in HD recently on Suddenlink systems, as well as Newsmax HD.
This is good news as the future of the channel has been in doubt.

It along with Fusion are still in The Spectrum Guide but when you click on it, it says programming no longer available.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So now I'm officially confused.

Some new Spectrum programming notices for former TWC systems in the Northeast came out today.

They say that December 2, MGM will rebrand as MGM Movie Network.

Now I thought Spectrum dropped MGM years ago, as Charter never carried the channel.

It doesn't say they're adding this back, it says it's still on channel 633, which is where it was located on TWC's national grid.

I've been in plenty of Spectrum channel guides all over the country. MGM hasn't been on there in 2 years.

So I guess I'm adding it back to the chart for them after all.....? I am only seeing this notification for NY and ME so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts