AVS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sigh... guess what guys?
Just got my projector back for updating from BenQ after more than a week, and put it to confirm the new firmware and it still says FIRMWARE 1.0.0.

I wanna shoot myself! It made me too anxious just thinking of sending it back AGAIN. I’m afraid it may broke or something. It is not acceptable. What can I do? I requested another option but Service is now closed for the day and have to wait until tomorrow. I made sure everyone at BenQ learned I was asking for the 1.0.5 update... I even let a written paper alongside the projector inside the box specifying this.

WTH happened???

Could it be that my Projector has a march 2019 fabrication date? I dont know but its so frustrating.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Something seems off. If your projector was manufactured in March of this year it wouldn't come with 1.00. Mine was made around summer of 2018 and it came with 1.03

·
Registered
283 Posts
I thought of that but in BenQ using the number of my projector they confirmed it was manufactured in march, yet it came up with the 1.0.0 firmware.

Any updates on the menu after firmware 1.0.0 that I can compare mine with?

For example, I haven’t had any problem with 3D as many report. Also it includes the HDR brightness from -2 to 2... although I think that may have been there since the beginning right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sigh... guess what guys?
Just got my projector back for updating from BenQ after more than a week, and put it to confirm the new firmware and it still says FIRMWARE 1.0.0.

I wanna shoot myself! It made me too anxious just thinking of sending it back AGAIN. I’m afraid it may broke or something. It is not acceptable. What can I do? I requested another option but Service is now closed for the day and have to wait until tomorrow. I made sure everyone at BenQ learned I was asking for the 1.0.5 update... I even let a written paper alongside the projector inside the box specifying this.

WTH happened???

Could it be that my Projector has a march 2019 fabrication date? I dont know but its so frustrating.
Yikes...this better not happen to me. I just shipped mine off to Benq yesterday for a firmware update. My projector was manufactured in 04/2018 and came with 1.03.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yikes...this better not happen to me. I just shipped mine off to Benq yesterday for a firmware update. My projector was manufactured in 04/2018 and came with 1.03.
I don't think this will happen to you. Mine was manufactured on April 20 2019 based on it's serial number (I was informed by BenQ)... barely 2 months ago. Mine doesn't even come with a lens cover, Not even mentioned on the manual it came with. And to this moment I've not found any issue with the 3D, it detects it automatically and haven't had any sync issues. I don't know but it's weird, yet my Projector has been great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think this will happen to you. Mine was manufactured on April 20 2019 based on it's serial number (I was informed by BenQ)... barely 2 months ago. Mine doesn't even come with a lens cover, Not even mentioned on the manual it came with. And to this moment I've not found any issue with the 3D, it detects it automatically and haven't had any sync issues. I don't know but it's weird, yet my Projector has been great.
No lens cap? I feel like this should always be included...mine came with one.
So what exactly changed from one year to the next? I wonder if there was internal hardware revisions made which could also explain the firmware discrepancy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
No lens cap? I feel like this should always be included...mine came with one.
So what exactly changed from one year to the next? I wonder if there was internal hardware revisions made which could also explain the firmware discrepancy.
Yeah I thought it was an error about the lens cap, but then I checked the manual from the original batch where it mentioned the cap in several instances and compared to mine. My manual doesn't mention the cap in any of those instances, wether be accessories, or safety recommendations, nor drawings, nothing, so I concluded it doesn't suppose to come with it this time.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I thought of that but in BenQ using the number of my projector they confirmed it was manufactured in march, yet it came up with the 1.0.0 firmware.

For example, I haven’t had any problem with 3D as many report. Also it includes the HDR brightness from -2 to 2... although I think that may have been there since the beginning right?
Did it fix the SBS & O/U in 3D? Also you get HLG & in the info bar at upper left corner it tells you if the show (movie) is in HDR. Its some of the ways you tell if it was upgraded.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did it fix the SBS & O/U in 3D? Also you get HLG & in the info bar at upper left corner it tells you if the show (movie) is in HDR. Its some of the ways you tell if it was upgraded.

its just strange that owner would get a their projector back with the same firmware version... Like why would Benq pay for shipping if the firmware was the correct one on his projector to start. I assume BenQ would have a database of some sort that has serial number and firmware info.

Now if 1.0 is now considered "up-to-date" for 2019 manufactured projectors then there must have been some kind of hardware update right?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Doing a quick check through my User Manual... it already mentions HLG as part of Picture Mode options. BTW, my Projector is officially Latin American W1700 model and, again, manufactured last April 20th.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Go into your settings and take a pic of the screen that shows the firmware version and post it here. And your sure yours was manufactured this March?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Go into your settings and take a pic of the screen that shows the firmware version and post it here. And your sure yours was manufactured this March?
Made a mistake about March, just checked the info BenQ handed me, it actually was April 20, 2019 officially, based on the serial number.

My FW info says 1.0.0

·
Registered
597 Posts
Made a mistake about March, just checked the info BenQ handed me, it actually was April 20, 2019 officially, based on the serial number.

My FW info says 1.0.0
The HT2550 1.0.5 firmware was mentioned in Oct. 2018 in this forum. I sent mine to BenQ in April this year. So its probable that yours is already incorporated in your later release.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The HT2550 1.0.5 firmware was mentioned in Oct. 2018 in this forum. I sent mine to BenQ in April this year. So its probable that yours is already incorporated in your later release.
Yeah.. it's weird. Even my user manual mentions now the HLG option in a couple of instance, but as part of the PICTURE MODE menu. I've read the original HT2550 user manual and doesn't mention HLG at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So by that logic... I should get my projector back with 1.0 instead of 1.05? :confused:

621 - 640 of 697 Posts