AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this issue has been discussed, but I have an official release on the Blade Runner 5th disc error.


The attachment from Warner Home Video Canada is the official acknowledgement of the Blade Runner 5 disc error in the Complete and Ultimate sets.


It also specifies how to check for the wrong disc and a phone number to call to replace the disc.


Use this to check your set and order a replacement at no charge.

 

BladeRunnerBR.pdf 65.638671875k . file
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
I had called them last week when I got my Blade Runner BD and they said they'd get in touch with me... hopefully it'll be soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Thanks. Just checked my copy and it's correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergravelle /forum/post/12854733


I know this issue has been discussed, but I have an official release on the Blade Runner 5th disc error.


The attachment from Warner Home Video Canada is the official acknowledgement of the Blade Runner 5 disc error in the Complete and Ultimate sets.


It also specifies how to check for the wrong disc and a phone number to call to replace the disc.


Use this to check your set and order a replacement at no charge.

Ok, I read the document before jumping and asking this question. How can a person identify the Blade Runner in stores? Got any clues?! For the fixed or the ones that are not plagued with that problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareedrizkalla /forum/post/12874331


Ok, I read the document before jumping and asking this question. How can a person identify the Blade Runner in stores? Got any clues?! For the fixed or the ones that are not plagued with that problem.

I don't think that there's a way to tell from the outside of the package.

It was a completely random flub.


At least if you get the set now you know that they are replacing the defective discs and how to obtain them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Just called the number. You get forwarded to an answering service telling you to leave your name, number, etc. and they will get back to you in five business days. Hmmmm.... well, I'll give it a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Warner is so totally useless. I phoned the number last Friday and left them my information and told them to contact me so that I could get the corrected disc sent out. Well now it's Thursday the 24th, 5 business days later and I haven't heard anything from them. Just left another message, hopefully I'll hear something back. So far my Customer Service experience has been a complete joke, they sure aren't Disney.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Damn. I wasn't paying much attention to this problem, but I've just checked my disc, and it's got the three commentaries. I'm in the UK and I bought this from PlayUSA.com. I guess I'll contact them first, but I don't want to be asked to call an international number!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Well, so far, I'm impressed. While playusa.com couldn't help me, I emailed Warner through their website and got a response the next day asking for my address so they could send the replacement disc!


Much more impressive than Disney and the POTC disc, that I first emailed them about a month ago and they still haven't given me a proper reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
I called them a few weeks ago. Left my info. Today I got an envelope with the workprint replacement disc from Warner. It says to keep the other one. I'm going to go check it out to make sure it's right.


They didnt notify me about what they were doing. It just showed up.



Disney took 5 days total to fix their issue. Warner took 3 months. At least they fixed it.

OK I finally checked at it is indeed the workprint, it looks nothing like FC. Glad it's resolved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Warner you are the biggest joke ever. I have now left 4 messages at the number given in the press release and not one of them has been returned, it's been weeks now! I also phoned the customer care number on the website and was told that they only dealt with online orders and gave me this number (818-954-6004) which supposedly is their head office in California but that number just rings and rings and rings. So I have now sent them an e-mail, hopefully someone will respond.


This customer service is absolutely pathetic; my dog could do a better job at sorting this out. All I want is the correct disc 5, can't they just give me what I paid for.


Okay rant over, if anyone has a different number that they've had success with can they post it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostychocolate /forum/post/12992635


Warner you are the biggest joke ever. I have now left 4 messages at the number given in the press release and not one of them has been returned, it's been weeks now! I also phoned the customer care number on the website and was told that they only dealt with online orders and gave me this number (818-954-6004) which supposedly is their head office in California but that number just rings and rings and rings. So I have now sent them an e-mail, hopefully someone will respond.


This customer service is absolutely pathetic; my dog could do a better job at sorting this out. All I want is the correct disc 5, can't they just give me what I paid for.


Okay rant over, if anyone has a different number that they've had success with can they post it?

i called warner when the number was posted and the rep said warner hasn't decide what they were going to do, but if i wanted to leave my name/address, they'd call me when they figured things out. after not hearing back for two weeks, i decided to bring the set back to the store for a refund. the store turned out to have corrected sets by this time, so they exchanged it for me. warner never did contact me, but yesterday i checked my mail and received a replacement workprint disc. moral of the story? brush twice a day.






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface1701 /forum/post/12935033


Well, so far, I'm impressed. While playusa.com couldn't help me, I emailed Warner through their website and got a response the next day asking for my address so they could send the replacement disc!


Much more impressive than Disney and the POTC disc, that I first emailed them about a month ago and they still haven't given me a proper reply.

Very impressive from Warner, 10 days after giving them my address, I received my replacement disk from the US!


As for Disney, still waiting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I know I'm arriving quite late to the party, but anyone has been able to receive replacement discs for the Final Cut (disc 1) in Mexico? Thanks in advance.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top