AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is most unfortunate news for those of us in Canada who still preferred using a store front rental service to have access to new release Blu Ray titles. Rogers Video shut down many stores in the past couple of years and their presence in our country is getting smaller and smaller. Leaving us with next to zero options of actually watching new release flicks in the best quality we can get. Unfortunately unlike the US, Canada's streaming and mail order services are embarrassingly a joke.

This is a sad day for Canadians who wish to get the most out of their video/audio setups and don't wish nor have the financial choice of purchasing every single movie they ever want to watch in the best quality possible.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Indeed this is a very sad day for us Canucks. I have built up a decent collection of my own discs (now mainly blu-ray) but I am also a regular at the local Block Buster just a few blocks away.

Fully agree with you, it really sucks of the lack of options up here. Rogers and others are licking their chops now that more people will have to stream off of their services and pay dearly for the additional band width. Either that and purchase your video or subscribe to the crap mail order and streaming options up here or do without.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Also feeling crestfallen, with a palpable sense of loss at this announcem't....I LOVED their blu-ray trade-in program, and the option of buying 'previously-viewed' blu's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.