AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1843 of 1843 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,051 Posts
Just run everything through the receiver. Only reason to use the audio return channel is for the internal apps of the display.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just run everything through the receiver. Only reason to use the audio return channel is for the internal apps of the display.
I was always under the impression that the best picture quality comes from the TV processing not a Receiver. The TV I have on pre-order is an 8K so I wasn't sure where is the best place to plugin the Blu-ray.

Thanks, JD

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oppo 205 audio HDMI output setup

I need to use the Oppo 205 audio only HDMI output to transmit right and left front stereo channels to a DAC at the opposite end of my room. I have an optical HDMI cable and the receiving end will be a PS Audio DirectStream DAC with an HDMI input available. The DirectStream will feed a preamp and the preamp will feed balanced cables to my stereo amp for my front speakers. I cannot seem to understand how to set the Oppo to do this or if any settings are needed or if it will automatically set the analog out for the two front channels. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1841 - 1843 of 1843 Posts