AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to thank everyone that helped make this happen..

AVS Forum for the venue to all meet...and report back results

KBK for Goo products to be made up and trusting a rookie screen finisher

also for getting the chance to meet someone that I can learn invaluable insights into many varied aspects of this "fun" stuff.... and just being a very likeable person... satelite hd feed his .5 projector.....etc etc etc etc

Mark Kaye came early... and was a great helper at the actual event... and took good care of property that was given to me direct from the manufacturers..

Eric Chong ...for supplying the cabling that was invaluable and for assistance setting up..

Mississippi Man for helping ride shotgun on the pickup truck delivering products...setting up ... and some lively conversation. lining up the products and making up screen etc etc..

Andy with his JVC Dila projector... it appears alot of people enjoyed it.

All the people that actually brought the projectors as promised...

I dont know how to constructively state my disappointment in receiving an email the night before just before 12 midnight....and for those that didnt show up at all.... In an effort not to dissappoint (just in case) I called went out of the way to get an NEC 260... and also a Epson TW100...

BigJim for making up nametags.. and his wife for dealing with our loonies...

The Manufacturers

Infocus for the X1 ...

Studio experience for the SE20

NEC for the LT 260 ... in a days notice

Epson for the TW100 ... in a days notice

Goo for the .5

Dalite for 3 full screens on a one phone call

Dazian for all the blackout material on the windows..this fabric is great...the screen materials....check out their website for curtains and specialty fabrics

Stewart for providing the greyhawk and firehawk sample

Goo for the Goo screen coatings

Parklands Plastic for two full 5 * 10 sheets (I am going to see what a skid of these will be worth to bring over if anyone is interested)

I will fill in the blanks on an edit...

I want to say thanks to everyone that showed up.... Hopefully you all had a good time and wouldnt mind some feedback for the next one. Unfortunately as some did not show I will have to make up a fee structure ... sort of like a penalty for not showing up...maybe pay up front and get your money back when you arrive. If you have any feedback you would like to share please do so ... [email protected]

Hopefully the pics can be shown here on this post...

I will post the actual form people filled out at the shootout.

Some people stated that they were newbies and did not feel confident enough to fill out the ratings sheets....

Due to the fact that I stated I was a reseller and dealer for some (most) of the products that were coming I did not want to bias opinion on the products that were at the event. I also did not think it was appropriate to spend time discussing pricing etc... as this would have eaten into viewing time as we already seemed to be eye strained from looking at the same source.

Sorry for the products that did not show up... I did up the two rooms and the lineups got completely skewed as a result. If anyone is still interested in these other products let me know and I can set something up with a smaller venue for viewing as the promised as I have these available... I am going to review the new Benq projector as well so that may interest people.

As far as screens go ... I have already determined that I may work out something with Parklands Plastic to Canada with some Goo in the middle of the box... If there is enough interest let me know again @ [email protected] ....

For locals give me some heads up and we can discuss the use of my gravity gun HVLP... and compressor...

Gotta go get a haircut... and take care of some non fun stuff... look forward to hearing more...feedback

Thanks again..... everyone was great... sorry I didnt get to meet you all but I think we should do this again. It will be much easier the next time around and unfortunately I will not be able to rely on other people to bring product and will just get the product from my direct contact with manufacturers.... Easier to plan... Easier to set up in advance... and my nerves wont be sticking out of my neck waiting for a projector to arrive.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mandarax,

I just wanted to thank you for all your efforts. Being a newbie, it was definitely worth my drive down from Blainville, Quebec. I learned a lot. Most importantly that you don't need to spend 10k to get a great projector and a great screen. My 2 favourites where the JVC D-ILA, which I learned, is over 10k but it did have the nicest image, in part I think because it was the most properly adjusted. I was very surprised by the infocus X1, especially when paired with the da-lite (hi-power?) 2.8 gain screen. What an awesome image. Incredible colors.

Anyway, thanks again.

Serge.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Repeat from previous thread ...

Many many thanks to Robert aka Mandarex for organizing the event -> Great turnout, equipment & screen choices, and the weather was perfect too.

As it turned out, myself and Mark Kaye manned the table ( HTPC & projectors ) and swapped projectors in & out. There was really NO time to even attempt to properly calibrate the projectors for the given source, environment, and screens. So the viewers would have to try and "see into" a given projector's natural characteristics and hope tweaking can further improve upon what they saw ( colours, contrast, etc ).

Keep in mind that the "collective source" offers many many adjustments. The Sony SCD-9000ES SACD/DVd player has mega image controls, the ATI ovelay offers image controls, the Holo3D card offers mega image controls, and finally each projector has their own image controls. Then of course, there were the variety of screens to choose.

The keep things somewhat even, we ran all PJs through my HTPC, which gives each projector an "unfair" high-quality source. Unfortunately, we did not try the projectors' internal scalers, which I am sure many people would have wanted to see too. After all, an HTPC is only for the lunatics.

What I learned most was that screens make a HUGE difference !

My next priority is to get one of the gray screens or Goo offerings, as I noticed greatly improved black levels, contrast, & punch over my current Da-Lite Model-C matte white screen.

Folks - DON'T forget about your screen !

In my own SX21's image evolution since landing on my doorstep, I was pleased at the improvement a gray screen made, so I came away knowing that I had a sure fire path for a better image. Now unfortunately there are several gray screens & Goo formulations to choose from so there will be some anxiety in picking the "right" one for me. I am not personally a true-colour freak, only that skin tones look real enough. I await for Mark Hunter's ( hopefully soon to be available ) D-ILARD software & Colorfacts to allow me to dial in the right colour, but for now I am very happy. As mentioned during the event, HDTV and animated DVDs look awesome at 10' wide ( thanks to the D-ILA's creamy smooth pixel structure ), but DVD viewing is optimal at 8' wide due to DVD's low resolution of only 720x480 pixels.

It is unfortunate that their were no HD2 offerings available, such as the Sharp 10000 & Infocus 7200. The Sharp 10000 I saw was dynamite IMO and I am sure it would have been a heavy favourite. Likewise the HT1000 was unfortunately a last minute no show.

I really liked the SE20 too, and had previously expected it to be a light canon with horrible blacks & contrast. This was not the case, as it provided a very smooth enjoyable image, and surprisingly not that brught. Maybe it had lots of hours on it.

I thought the LT260 had great potential, unless rainbows are a problem for you. I owned a DLP for 2 years so I suspect I am now immune to rainbows. The 260 was definitely a light canon and can light up a big screen, and it has a long throw lens. Again as I am not a colour freak, I am sure I could dial in its colours to my satisfaction. It is unfortunate NEC must have purposefully "crippled" the 260 by omitting DVI for it, whcih I like with my HTPC/Holo3D as source.

Prior to the start, I was watching the Isco-II lens being setup with the LT260. The Isco is one serious piece of lens, and looks really easily to use with a projector. It is too bad we could not give a proper demo of the benefits of an anamorphics lens -> just not enough hours in the day.

The stock X1 is a fantastic offering. Ditto everything that had been said before about it. At its street price, it is a no brainer -> just buy the damn thing and be happy. Though I personally would never buy 800x600 as I highly value resolution, espcecially on a larger screen.

The Goo 0.5 had noticably better contrast, dark detail, depth and colour balance than the stock X1. Most notably for me, it's image depth ( created by contrast ) really impressed me. But at 2x the street price of a stock X1, will entry level seekers be willing to pay for the upgrade ? IMO, it is too bad Ken did not start with an XGA unit, which may have given him a much larger sales audience. Great work Ken on the Goo 0.5 projector and the Goo screens, and your informative discussions throughout the event.

And of course, it was great to put real faces to AVS members.

- Andy [email protected]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about 35 returned rating sheets to load up... Will post stats when they are all in and I get a chance to give proper summaries and notations to all the comments etc...

Thanks again Andy for all your assistance...given your close proximity I hope we get to meet up again. I am going to make up another of those big parklands units for another part of my showroom with the straight digital grey if you are interested in bringing your HTPC and Dila over for another view. I agree with your comments on the NEC LT260...to a tee...

We also have to remember that the setup as you mentioned was tweeked to your projector... The Goo .5 did look better on his own setup....

I was pleasantly surprised how many people liked my demo unit of the X1... it has been leant out... dropped.. shaken and stirred by me enough let alone what has happened to it outside that I wasnt sure what it was going to look like.... I had just made the flash upgrade to it to 3.8 and had all the settings skewed. You could tell alot of people had a trained eye to pick up the dead or stuck mirror in the unit in a flash on that big goo screen with an image active on a dark scene.... whoever that was that first spotted it can demo equipment that I bring in anytime.

·
Registered
499 Posts
from my understanding someone a "rookie" painted a goo screen, how did he do and what tools did he use, and how much coaching did he have. I'm not familiar with the drying characteristics of goo but could you tell if it was even, and did you project anything on to it?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am the rookie that painted the Goo screens. I used a gravity feed HVLP spray gun and a compressor... onto parklands plastic. I also sprayed a Dazian Celtic Cloth... with CRT White. Coaching... Zero... level of tolerance for such things as painting... very close to zero... and when it was cold outside and I had to spray on my knees in the basement... possibly less than zero as I was not able to move the gun.... Something that no one noticed due to the characteristics of the paint was that I made a few serious flaws. Here is what they were ... all very serious and not one person saw them... so it will speak for the forgiveness of the coatings..

1) I made two passes with the gun without turning the spray pattern. With the digital Grey lite.

2) The piece I coated was so big I had to move the gun on an angle and therefore of axis to the parklands paint I was coating

3) I was trying to consume a pint while putting a litre on for amusement and I actually stayed on one spot too long.

4) The plastic was over a stud wall and had some bellies in it so it was not flat. I couldnt paint it in the garage or outside where I wished to due to the weather we had. It would have been much easier on a hard flat surface at the right height, and the quality of finish would have been much better.

The only reason I use the gun is for convenience due to the fact I already have a compressor.

We used the goo screen pretty much all day. The bigger image for me reveals some of the weeknesses in some projector and makes them more apparent. Alot of people clearly didnt need the size to find faults.

Drying characteristics... The one we used is actually still "drying" I only sprayed it last week.... I used the lite digital grey due to the fact that it can be used in a variety of applications with a variety of projectors... since I can have several projectors to view it is the one I wanted in my one showroom. I knew that it was a winner when I sprayed a sample. which btw actually used up some of the coating material.

You may note that I want to have all the projectors look good obviously... I started out with the sample and just spray painted the frame black... when I saw the results... I routed the outside of the frame round... I routed a chamfer edge on the inside of the frame.... went to a fabric mill that makes some good material to cover the frame..... I knew it was a keeper.

Since I have the unbiased results of the feedback sheets I feel I can be more elaborate with commentary post the event.

Rob

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just a note to say we saw plenty of screens, and I really liked the CRT white goo screen. Second only to the high power, for my tastes. Bare in mind I am looking at 600 lumens projectors. Greyhawk looked great with the 2200 lumens of the 20HD. But I thought it killed the HS-10.

I guess if punch is what you crave, with a low lumens projector you can't beat the high power. Crt white Goo screen had better blacks, and maybe slightly better color accuracy.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
alright, i know this is slightly OT but i have one question.....exactly how many Molsons were consumed during the shootout this is the question:)

this would directly play part in the area of "blurred vision":) Hope everyone had a good time, wish i could have made it to Hooterville....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd be very interested to hear opinions on the Epson TW100. I wasn't aware that this would be at the shootout, or else I might have come down.

Is it really as good as Projector Central makes it out to be?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vincanity
I'd be very interested to hear opinions on the Epson TW100. I wasn't aware that this would be at the shootout, or else I might have come down.

Is it really as good as Projector Central makes it out to be?
We saw the projectors in generally "best" to "worst" order. Or at least "expensive" to "cheap" order. Seeing the SX21 was a huge mistake ;) as the image was spectacular.

I had opportunity with a few others to see the TW100 & HS10 up at the same time (while the others were out grabbing hot dogs :) ) so I'll compare it to the HS10.

My own take of the TW100 was that it was a toss-up over the HS10. Both projector's were displaying an image larger than what they should have been showing.

I won't comment on colors, as the TW100 was untweaked out of the box.

Pixelation was more noticable on the TW100 than the HS10/SE20. But, on a more suitable smaller image size, it would not have been an issue.

Vertical banding is a personal pet peeve and unfortunately, it was visible on the TW100--- although it could have been a source issue. On the HS10 it wasn't nearly as noticable.

Contrast and blacks were a little bit better on the TW100, but the HS10 was well setup, and the TW100 was not.

Bottom line is that both machines generated a very nice image, and either would be a great starter machine.

I wasn't convinced that the Tw100 was worth significantly more money than the HS10, but that's just from a very casual observation--- so take it in that light. It's entirely possible that the TW100 when tweaked, will blow away an HS10. We didn't have the time to do that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Vincanity,

I was present at the shootout on Saturday and was also suprised to see the Epson TW100H present. It was the new model with the improved contrast. While I found the picture to be more pleasing (blacks were better, picture was brighter) than the Sony HS10 which was also present, there were a couple of things that concerned me. The biggest issue I had was the vertical banding that was present and could be seen by all. We were using The Fifth Element Superbit DVD as the source and this was noticeable in the opening scene with the blue sky. Also, even though this is a WXGA projector, there was some noticeable FPN (screen door) in my perception. It could be that the projector was not optimally setup but the folks running the HTPC tried to make things as equal as possible. So viewing distance from the screen as well as screen size may need to factored in.

If you are looking for an LCD projector than the PLV70/SE20 that was present had a much nicer picture IMHO.

John :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
A few comments on the shootup, Saturday. I already had an X1 prior to the shootout and was primarily interested in how it compared with other projectors and with various screens (I'm presently using it with a flat white wall though I have some Screen Goo coming).

My biggest surprise was seeing how well the X1 compared with projectors that were much more expensive. Yes, the more expensive projectors were better, but to my untutored eye the improvements weren't worth the higher prices. That being said, other people with more experience than I have were seeing things that I wasn't seeing. It's possible I'll get more picky with time, but for now I'm very happy with the X1, even after seeing it against projectors that ran up to $10K C.

To my eyes, the difference in the picture on the same projector with different screens was much greater than the differences among projectors. The Goo screens were excellent, clearly equal to, and perhaps even superiour, to the commerical screens there. They are certainly the way to get yourself an inexpensive screen at a fraction of the cost of a commercial screen. The Da-lite high power was also extremely impressive and I gather from the oohs and aahs when it was put up that I wasn't the only one impressed with it. I've heard it said that there's a problem with hotspotting with this screen, but I couldn't see any hotspotting at the shootout.

An extremely interesting and informative show. Rob (mandarex), Ken (KBK) and all the rest certainly deserve our thanks for this. They put in a great deal of work. KBK is a wealth of information on screens, projectors and computers. Just listening to him talk was an education.

Thanks again to everyone that had a hand in putting this together.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wish I were there. Darnit.

Anyhoo, we still aren't getting anything definitive on the Goo.5. So far, the reviews say it's better than the X1. Okay. But $1000 better? That seems to be the real question.

It's also clear that the Screen Goo products are awesome!

More info! More!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Sounds like a great time was had by all!

Repost of my post from the orphaned thread (strangely I found the previous thread more informative. :) ):

Quote:
It's a damn shame that the NEC LT260 had the white segment turned on! No wonder you guys saw tons of rainbows...and the eyestrain must have been excruciating!

I have the NEC LT240, and I found rainbows are terrible using progressive component input from a Panasonic RP91. Downright awful. It must be a serious flaw in the internal processing of progressive component signals. 75% of the rainbows I saw in the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring disappeared when I used my HTPC (Theatertek).

In contrast (hehe I made a pun!), the NEC HT1000 I used to have exhibited virtually no difference in rainbow phenomena between progressive component input and HTPC input.

With that said, I'm pretty certain, even if the NEC LT260 at the meet was properly setup (white peak off, maybe an ND filter added), people would still see more rainbows than on the X1 there.

I remember looking at a service manual for an NEC DLP projector, and there were manual adjustments that can be made to the color wheel (some screws). I believe it has something to do with timing, and the manual said "Adjust these screws until the image looks stable". I wonder if these screws have anything to do with making rainbows worse?

Perhaps the NEC LT2x0 line of projectors have badly adjusted color wheels...and maybe this would explain why I saw so many rainbows on the HT1000 I had too.
It's too bad that I haven't heard of a single shootout where all the projectors were calibrated beforehand with proper instrumentation (colorimeters). People will spend $10K on a projector, but never bother to have it ISF'ed...eek!

·
Registered
204 Posts
From the other thread...

I own an AE100 & 110" Firehawk and came to see the latest generation of projectors ( i am trying to resist upgrading for another year!!)

I ended up helping Rob with Andy at the front swapping projectors.

Andy had his HTPC (2.4GHz) with a SONY 9000 DVD and HOLO3D and ATI 9500 (Andy, correct me if i am wrong on the ATI model)

We tried to use the DVI connection and native pixel mode if possible. When DVI wasn't available we used VGA or Component (the NEC 260 didn't have DVI).

The only odd resolution Andy couldn't handle was the HS10 (1366x768).

The projectors were not calibrated for the screens or room environment. It was obvious that this would have been the only fair way to compare the projectors & screens, but there was just too much to get through.

The venue did allow people to see a variety of projectors and screens and hopefully raised peoples understanding of the entire video experience.

The HTPC also introduced a myriad of devices that offered adjustments of the video stream and thanx to Andy he was pretty quick at doing some quick adjustments to try and level the playing field.

Most were out of the box and none had been colour calibrated (except maybe Ken's, but Ken wouldn't admit anything as usual - and the HS10).

None had been calibrated for the particular screen or room environment.

What impressed me most was that all of the projectors produced a reasonable picture. The NEC 260 was probably the worst from a HT perspective, but then they have the HT1000 which has been optimized more for HT (unfortunately we didn't have 1 to compare).

We also didn't have an AE300.

The screens were very enlightening. One thing as stated by others above is that all the screens by themselves produced a viewable picture. We started sliding another screen partway across to produce a split screen effect and now you could see the differences.

I was most surprised by the Parkland plastic, which if you were really on a budget produced a very watchable picture.

It became quickly apparent that there were two extremes:

1) not enough lumens for the picture size which produced a lack of punch or flat look

2) too many lumens which produced hot-spotting and the desire for sunglasses

As Ken stated many times, you have to match the projector to the screen which is matched to the viewing environment which is matched to the equipment in the video chain which is matched to the ... (i got lost after that, but i remember something about rods, cones, chemical releases... !!!)

My thanx goes out to Rob for giving up a major part of his life to organize the shootout.

mark

·
Registered
245 Posts
Like others who were there I'd like to thank Rob for puting on this great event. I was amazed by the interest and that the room was still packed when I left at almost 6PM after over 5 hours of shooting out. I would guess well over 40 in attendance

I was really interested to see how my HS-10 would stack up to the "big boys" at two to three times the price, as well as the impact the different screens would have on the picture. I was not dissapointed and found the different screen presentations very educational.

As far as I know, my HS10 was the only projector that had been calibrated to D65 - most were either quite blue or green, making them seem much brighter than had they been calibrated (except for maybe the SX21 which I hear is close out of the box, and does not loose too much luminance when calibrated).

My notes:

These new projectors are BRIGHT! For those newbies out there, the brightness of the SD-20, SX21, and LT260 are very unusually high. I admit thought that even though SMPTE standards say 16Ft.L for 100IRE (which my HS10 is very close to with a 110" diag screen), I say forget that and go for big and bold! I really liked it and will be looking for that in my next projector - I do worry though that in a smaller room it might be a little overpowering. Maybe it's time to replace the bulb in mine too. :)

The SX21 definately had the best picture - very silky smooth, extremely bright and bold. I'm still really not a fan of 4:3 native projectors, but at least with 1400x1050 resolution, this baby can really show off HDTV, as well as DVD and be a superb projector for computer applications.

The SE-20 was nice a bright, but other than that, I thought it looked pretty close to my HS-10 (i.e. it did not blow be away). Not too surprising as the CR and resolution spec is almost identical to the HS-10. If you need the brightness and cost is not an issue then go for it.

My HS-10 I think stacked up resonably well against the others when it was matched to the High Power screen, though for a real world situation in my living room, I think a gain of somewhere around 1.3 to 1.8 would be more reasonable (I quite liked the GOO light grey). Of course, the blacks and CR of the HS10 are not nearly as good as the newer more expensive projectors. As someone else said above, the Stewart Greyhawk is NOT a good match - the picture was extremely dim and would require reducing the picture size to around 80" for something reasonable - ugh!

I thought the picture on the TW-100 looked a little soft - not sure why as the resolution is certainly there for DVD on the 720P panel - maybe it was a tad out of focus. Looked OK for HDTV, but we were all too far back to make a meaningful comparison as our eyes are not good enough to make out HDTV resolution from the 3-5 screen widths back most were sitting. My HS-10 is at least as good for sure (as you might expect with a higher native resolution). Otherwise it looked pretty good, at least as good as my HS10, with perhaps (gulp :) ) a tiny bit more punch and brightness. Unfortunately it was clearly not calibrated and looking too green when we had the calibrated HS10 running beside it. It was also nice and small, and did not require the brightness robbing filter trick to get its best results like the HS10. You be the judge if that's worth $1500+.

Unlike everyone else here seemingly, I really was not a fan of the Goo .5 projector. I simply could not get past the pixelated image. Most in the back of the room (sitting around 3-4 screen widths away!) probably could not see it, but from a more typical distance of 2-2.5 times where I was standing even with the front of the tables, the pixelation was really obvious and obtrusive to my eye. Sure the contrast was nice (though not blow you away spectacular) and I liked the fact that it was very difficult to make out the letterbox bars, but I sit at 1.45 times screen width at home and could never even come close to that with the .5. I'd prefer a decent rear project over it. Good price I suppose though for a projector.

I have to admit I was a little baffled by Ken's admission of not preferring instrumented calibration and just kinda guessing by eye - seemed a bit contradictory to the extreme pickyness about the colour accuracy of the screen reflecting material (and the wall material and the ceiling material and the floor material!). What's the point of having perfect reflectance with zero colour shift if the colours coming in from the projector aren't correct to begin with?

I really was a fan of the Parklands Plastic and Goo combo - very close indeed to screens costing ten times the price. Pretty hard to beat that value proposition! If you have one iota of DIY skills, then it's almost a no brainer.

Anyhow - overall this was a great event! Even the food was really good - fresh off the BBQ at a great price. Once again thanks to Rob for a huge effort.

Dave

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will tabulate the results when I get a chance to get caught up with all my paperwork and shipping ....you know ...the non fun stuff.

I pulled the Epson TW100 out of the hat as a just in case something didnt show up. I received it the morning of the event... An important note is that it was not set up properly and I have taken a look at it yesterday and it looks great. I didnt get to see the TW100 at the event as I needed some nourishment. The vertical banding can be tweaked out of it. I personally think it is in a different category than the 300. Set up properly this is a great projector. I may do another mini shootout, at later date with just a few of the boys with just four calibrated... or at least tweaked to the eye. I came in at the end of the TW100 and certainly had a better pic when I displayed it at home after spending some time goofing around with it. Maybe I will bring in the new BenQ for some variety...

I wouldnt make a decision on not buying a projector due to an inability to break into the service code. As far as calibrating the projector... At some point why not trust your eyes. I like it sharp ...you like it softer... I like some movies with a bit more red.... etc etc etc. I dont let others make decisions for me ... why would I let a machine dictate what I like. Play with it... play with it often. It is a toy... thats what its there for.

If anything at all came out of this event, it will be the motivation behind it from the start which was to prove that YES... a screen does make a difference. A very significant difference. I started the thread in the screen section...and it moved to the projector section as a convenience to those that may wish to look at projectors as many were offered.

The community association that I belong to only broke even from the BBQ. I have to give a great special thanks to them spending their spare time for me to BBQ and take out their time on such a beautiful day making us food. Thankyou to the individual that ate 3 sausages and 2 hamburgers...it probably made the community association break even. I also have to put a special thankyou for my daughter and neighbors daughter who boothed the chips and pop.

I received a few complaints that I did not give out pricing etc... on the event and the intent of the event was not to take up time with this and turn it into a marketing/sales campaign..... That would have sucked up too much valuable time. I had people from the USA and Canada...translating dollars etc... for something that is easily done post the event. Think of the iterations on all the screens and projector combinations, shipping ... and two of the projectors I do not (will not) handle. So I apologize for this but hope you understand my logic for not doing this.

Rob

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I can't say I'm surprised that it didn't go off completely as planned, but it sounds like a pretty good start! Too bad about the no-shows, but everyone still got to see more projectors in one place than they would be able to anywhere else. I went to Darin's shootout, which was even more informal than this one and it really helped a lot of people (especially manufacturers :) ) I applaud your willingness to even consider doing another one in the future :D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
DaveBoswell (or anyone else),

Based on your HS10 + different screen types observation, what would then be the perfect screen for the HS10 + CC40R in a totally controlled room with a large image (say +120" diagonal)? I was thinking about the Da-Lite HCCV 1.1 but want to be sure..

Thanks

Xander

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.