AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just sold my Dell U3011 and replaced it with the UHD55B6000IS from Changhong.

It is a Chinese brand that has a factory in Nymburk, near Prague in the Czech Republic:

http://www.changhongeurope.com/company-profile

I never heard of Changhong before and do not know if the UHD-sets like the UHD55B6000IS are assembled in Europe, but since I was able to buy it in France for only 999€, it looks a bit like the European counterpart of the Seiki story in the US.

Here are some links to the product on their site:

http://www.changhongeurope.com/cz/en/uhd55b6000is#description

UHD55B6000IS is the first Changhong TV, which has UltraHD resolution, which allows to view the picture at four times higher quality. Smart TV also includes integrated applications including Opera browser, active 3D technology and remote control with "air mouse" function, thanks to which the cursor on the screen can be operated intuitively.

http://www.changhongeurope.com/cz/en/uhd55b6000is#specification

100/120HZ:100 Hz
Size:54.6" (140 cm)
Aspect Ratio:16:9
Resolution:Ultra HD 3840x2160
Dynamic Contrast Ratio:1.000.000:1
Display Colour:1073.7M
Full-HD:Ultra HD

Do you have one yourself or do you know something more about the issues we meet with this set, please leave your comment, so that we all can get most out of this new piece of technology.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I'm researching this Changhong before buying. Is it okay if I barge in here? I want to use the Changhong as a PC monitor. I've been reading French websites trying to find out how bad the input lag is. One guy said (translated):

"If you do not do the upscale by the receiver, the input lag is better... And I found the input lag enough present to be disturbing for me in my game (Gears of War 3 on 360 in this case).  It is not huge, but I felt a very slight latency that i did not have on the 46W3000 or the 32" Samsung."

I can't fully parse that (was the lag still disturbing without upscaling?), but it's not relevant. He is talking about at most 1920x1080 input (XBox 360), whereas I want to pump in 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz from my PC.

Another person replied to a question about whether there is a noticable lag between when you move the mouse and see the cursor move under 4k resolution:

"I use a trackpad, which may not be standard for a gamer, but I am not shocked by how it operates [with the Changhong.] I do not feel the lag more than on my plasma."

Original page:

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/ecrans-tv-full-hd/changhong-series-4k-u-max-tv-ifa-2013-t30040143-525.html

So the lag is okay for use as a PC monitor? Are there any settings that need to be made? Is there a PC mode?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi,

Im looking at getting one of these TV's could you please give a bit of review of what its like how is the picture? Are there any issues that we should know before buying one?

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
The picture is good? And the blacks?

Can you give us video samples of sport/movies?

Tell us something about the tv.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The picture is good? And the blacks?
Can you give us video samples of sport/movies?

Tell us something about the tv.
Hello i only joined to tell you this TV is awesome ...

Sports 4/5 , normal DVB tv 4/5 , UHD 5/5 , FULL HD 5/5 , PS4 3/5 like samsung or lg ,From DLNA and External HDD plays 3/5 does not support DTS and subs wont work most foreign languages

Does not support Headphones jack nor S/PDIF

Does not support ECO :/ u have to setup colors or user picture mode to lower brightness and contrast rly not user friendly also u cannot change picture mode when u play movie through DLNA :{ when u play from ext. HDD u cannot change sound mode :/

Black Color 1/5 like rly baaad :/ and also connector is sealed in so it might not work in ur country and it might be hard to replace it .. white picture 5/5

Update : 3D worx like charm 5/5 even ps4 recognized i have 3D TV ..

DLNA movie sometimes end 30 minutes before end and u can only FFD so it takes minutes to get to previous scene and after that it might crash again ..

It is better to play 4K , 1080P , 3D , movies from computer ...

I forgot to mention SOUND is incredible 5/5

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah,Sports 4/5 , normal DVB tv 4/5 , UHD 5/5 , FULL HD 5/5 , PS4 3/5 like samsung or lg ,From DLNA and External HDD plays 3/5 does not support DTS and subs wont work most foreign languages.thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound lag??

Hi, we've just bought this tv and there is a terrible sound lag about a one second delay and after doing a bit of digging online I've seen it's a bit of a problem with no real solution do any of you have this problem? I can't cope with it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Changhong UHD TV

I've had this TV for a couple of months now, and am fairly satisfied with it. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an Amlogic S802 4K Media Player, as I want to check the functionality of the 4K*2K function.... can't wait! FYI, any 4K decoder/player you buy will need to be plugged into HDMI 3, as that is the only slot that supports 4K. Upscaling is automatic in the TV, but of course, it will only upscale to the point the picture quality is retained, so standard 576 won't upscale to much better.

I've been in contact with Changhong here in CZ a couple of times, it appears that there is a glitch with the time/date, as it automatically resets to January 1970 each time the TV switches off. There is no resolution on that, as of yet. The TV is able to hold the date until the TV is plugged in..... weird!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firmware

Does anyone know if the available firmware update on the Chanhong website is newer than the one currently on my TV?

Version Number: CH_LS10S(MST6328BX+S2)_DE_V27.0014+55pb6000_MT5461D01-1
Version on TV is dated: Apr 9 2014 09:35:48

Any help would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firmware Version

Does anyone know if the available firmware update on the Chanhong website is newer than the one currently on my TV?

Version Number: CH_LS10S(MST6328BX+S2)_DE_V27.0014+55pb6000_MT5461D01-1
Version on TV is dated: Apr 9 2014 09:35:48

Any help would be much appreciated...
My TV arrived on Friday via Pixmania and 'updated' the firmware immediately. Unfortunately I seemed to have downgraded it as April 2014 firmware was already installed and the 'updated' firmware on the site is January 2014. It isn't obvious but in hindsight the modified dates on the download files should have made me realise. Having said that, the tv should really warn that you are installing an older firmware. It isn't a very user friendly way to update either.

Dreadful time-delay/lip-syc issue through my Sky Box F5S though it only seems to be the BBC channels. You can adjust this problem if you are watching through the TV's DTV but unfortunately it isn't an HD tuner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My TV arrived on Friday via Pixmania and 'updated' the firmware immediately. Unfortunately I seemed to have downgraded it as April 2014 firmware was already installed and the 'updated' firmware on the site is January 2014. It isn't obvious but in hindsight the modified dates on the download files should have made me realise. Having said that, the tv should really warn that you are installing an older firmware. It isn't a very user friendly way to update either.

Dreadful time-delay/lip-syc issue through my Sky Box F5S though it only seems to be the BBC channels. You can adjust this problem if you are watching through the TV's DTV but unfortunately it isn't an HD tuner.
That lipsync issue comes and goes, it only comes every now and then..... the main bugbear for me is the time it takes to change channels.... that can be as much as 7 seconds! Does anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had this TV for a couple of months now, and am fairly satisfied with it. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an Amlogic S802 4K Media Player, as I want to check the functionality of the 4K*2K function.... can't wait! FYI, any 4K decoder/player you buy will need to be plugged into HDMI 3, as that is the only slot that supports 4K. Upscaling is automatic in the TV, but of course, it will only upscale to the point the picture quality is retained, so standard 576 won't upscale to much better.

I've been in contact with Changhong here in CZ a couple of times, it appears that there is a glitch with the time/date, as it automatically resets to January 1970 each time the TV switches off. There is no resolution on that, as of yet. The TV is able to hold the date until the TV is plugged in..... weird!
Verdammt.... I was sent an MXII Unit, not the 802 version, so no 4K 2K for me just yet....

·
Registered
2 Posts
That lipsync issue comes and goes, it only comes every now and then..... the main bugbear for me is the time it takes to change channels.... that can be as much as 7 seconds! Does anyone else have that problem?
Channel changing is fine. No delay. My sources are all external though I did tune in the built in Freeview (digital tv) to try it and noticed no celay when changing channels.

Lip-Syn is hit and miss on other channels and normally if I switch the Sky Box off then on it seems to sort it. All the BBC HD channels are consistently out. However, for some reason my Bush HD Freeview + box refused to work with the tv so bought a better Humax box and fortunately that has a lip-syn adjustment so I can get all the BBC HD channels perfect through that.

You can adjust lip-syn on the tv if you use the inbuilt satellite receiver (it's HD too) unfortunately I can only get Channel 4 in HD and nothing else. Can anyone help?

Once you have messed a bit with the tv settings you can get quite a stunning picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mess with the TV Settings? (shiver) I had to get someone in to tune the satellite programmes, I don't think I have the technical ability to alter the TV settings beyond turning the volume up and down! :)

We don't have a freeview signal here in the Czech Republic, we're too far away from the transmitter, so all channels come through the internal satellite system (not Sky I might add, it's a local satellite provider). I've only seen the lipsync issue on one channel (I think it was History HD) and it doesn't stay for long (I just watch another channel until it goes).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts