AVS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 2301 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
i guess new thing its live channels you can put anything there, just few clicks againts using apps.

i already put few free channels , iptv.

live channels make me keep stream + with hope also they do right steps with dvr part of stream +

·
Registered
546 Posts
So, we're at the point where a decent selection of people have the Stream+ in hand.
Has anyone put the Plex client app through its paces?
Has anyone put the Kodi app through its paces?

@fshagan and @Valyard reported good results in the streaming thread (which I saw your replies on) with 1080p from NAS. Where you primarily interested in BD rip results as previously and/or h.265 performance?

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
@fshagan and @Valyard reported good results in the streaming thread (which I saw your replies on) with 1080p from NAS. Where you primarily interested in BD rip results as previously and/or h.265 performance?
@fshagan did DVD but not full bitrate BD rips on the Plex app - which is what I'm interested in.
I don't recall reading anything from @Valyard on the subject. I'll check his posts in that thread.
Most people tend to frequent one thread or the other so I'm just fishing here to see if anybody has branched out to more than the DVR side of things.

edit: OK, I looked.
@Valyard did 1080 BD rips on Kodi but couldn't verify HD audio passthrough.

When this thing drops to $99 again I think I'll have to pick one up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While watching a channel hit the OK button, then scroll down to Channel Guide. You should be able to deselect PlutoTV in the settings menu.
Thanks!

I did figured that out yesterday. Have to remember to press OK then down arrow otherwise it just changes the channel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up with the Vudu app? It was working fine. Now I'm getting a message that the app is out of date and:confused: needs to be updated. When I click on the update notice in the message, it goes to a window that does not have an update button. The window only has a button for a description of the app. Vudu no longer shows up as an app in the Google Play Store. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
838 Posts
What's up with the Vudu app? It was working fine. Now I'm getting a message that the app is out of date and:confused: needs to be updated. When I click on the update notice in the message, it goes to a window that does not have an update button. The window only has a button for a description of the app. Vudu no longer shows up as an app in the Google Play Store. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:
I didn't have it installed before, but I just checked and now the "Technicolor 7500" device is listed as not supported (greyed out) in the drop down to add the app:

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Paired a Bluetooth gamepad, (red samurai), works for riptide2. Need to map a back button.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you 'get' 5.1 from Live Channels, is the DD signal being bitstreamed to be decoded by your AVR, or is the Stream+ decoding it to 5.1 PCM (only HDMI has the bandwidth for that) itself?
The apps might only support DD bitstreaming to the AVR. If surround is set to 'always' it might be creating 5.1 PCM out of whatever the source is.
What do you mean by 'not seeing' 5.1?
I'm not a 100% sure if it's bitstream or PCM. I will have to check. I have my Stream+ hooked to my Vizio M70 via HDMI and the Vizio 54in 5.1 sound bar hooked up via ARC. The TV has info related to the video and audio it receives. I also have a little Dolby Light that lights up on the soundbar when it receives a DD signal. IIRC there are settings in the TV for what audio to output as well. Gotta take a dig in and see.

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
Right, that also worked on my firestick. The problem is with the sideloaded version on the stream+ not appearing to be sending out 5.1.
I get DD+ 5.1 from the sideloaded Amazon app on Stream+, but it doesn't work great. I get an audio dropout about every minute. Not enough to miss anything, but you can hear the level change. More of an annoyance than anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I put a splitter/hdcp 2.stripper and now when I change channels I get a pop/click sound. Any ideas why? And do I need a fire stick to cast my AP downloads?

Thanks from the average guy enjoying his stream plus.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #998
If you have your S+ set to automatically install updates it may have already done so overnight.
Anyone notice the device's orange lamp is turned on without any input from user?
I have a feeling the auto updates leave the lamp on until user notices and turns off.
I do have the latest, but can't find where setting for auto update is located.

981 - 1000 of 2301 Posts