AVS Forum banner

801 - 820 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24068642

It seems Craig has disabled my account on his Chase forum after I ask a few question regarding MS-10 and VCOMTEK. I have no hatred against Chase product. I can login but I can't visit any of his forum threads.
That is unfortunate but being as you're from Malaysia, why aren't you directing your search for speakers domestically?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24069067

Rijax has always struck me as a straightforward and honorable man. A a result he would have no sustainable future in politics. I'm inherently skeptical but I would have no problem trusting him.

Comment very much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24069078

That is unfortunate but being as you're from Malaysia, why aren't you directing your search for speakers domestically?
There's no domestic brand. The speakers available locally are brands such as KEF, Mordaunt Short, Mission, Paradigm, EPOS, Klipsch, MK, B&W, ATC. Yes, majority are HiFi speakers, low sensitivity speakers that needs tonnes of power to drive...except the Klipsch. I guess the best HT speakers that I can buy here is Klipsch RF82ii.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Well that's fine , Skylinestar but you still haven't explored pro audio shops and businesses that deal in sound reinforcement in public area like houses o worship, auditoriums, and so forth. Certainly you must have local musicians that play amplified music. I think you're not looking in the right places.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24068642

It seems Craig has disabled my account on his Chase forum after I ask a few question regarding MS-10 and VCOMTEK. I have no hatred against Chase product. I can login but I can't visit any of his forum threads.
One way to avoid having to answer embarrassing questions is to make sure that they can't be asked.

Of course, there is this alternate opinion:

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Check out vbizz.com, Skyline.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Teach?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think it's something like those who can design speakers, do. Those who cannot, import from China, slap their name on them and pretend they designed them because if anyone asks questions we can just ban them.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24069806

Those who can, do. Those who cannot .

Since you are jumping in here Jon I'm assuming your on board with Cc shenanigans over the last few years? Or are we going to see a whole new game plan with merge?

With cc you ask his "questions" or you get banned. Maybe the new site will be more helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/810#post_24070465

Teach?

Yes. But I'd prefer to point to the popular British saying about how some get so far up their own as to lose their own narrative,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/810#post_24070476

Since your jumping in here Jon I'm assuming your on board with Cc shenanigans over the last few years?

...of which begging the question is probably a version thereof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/810#post_24070476

Maybe the new site will be more helpful.

What's helpful is listening experience. Nearly everything else is bench-racing. Those who can, do...

“Reason can be fought with reason. How are you going to fight the unreasonable? The trouble with you, my dear, and with most people, is that you don’t have sufficient respect for the senseless. The senseless is the major factor in our lives. You have no chance if it is your enemy.”

― Ayn Rand

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.”

― Ayn Rand

Reactions: nfraso

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/810#post_24070828

“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.”

― Ayn Rand

Exactly. Arguing the false narrative substitutes it for fact. It is 'repeating the lie often enough'.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Specifics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/720_60#post_24065410

Actually, the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges. In this scenario, since you are accusing Chase of making false claims with the Theater-10, Chase carries the burden of assumption, where the burden of proof is on he who declares, not on he who denies, which means he needs no evidence to support his claim. This is popularly known as presumption of innocence or 'innocent until proven guilty.' Fulfilling the burden of proof effectively captures the benefit of assumption, passing the burden of proof off to another party. Objectively speaking with the help of Wikipedia
. Carry on.

Interesting that it only took a flip of the page in this thread for accusations of misconception, misinformation, innuendo, slander, false premises, false narratives, and lies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780_60#post_24066775

As for the tone and substance of some of the other browbeatings and dead horse beatings that occur and reoccur, frankly, considering the remarkable amount of misconception, misinformation, innuendo, and even slander in some venues, whatever we're working on isn't going to be discussed much until it's available.

I've been at this nearly 35 years and while I'd hoped that things generally improve in life, sadly the quality of dialog may not be one of them. The last thing I intend to spend my time doing is addressing yet another a false premise looking for oxygen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780_60#post_24071041

Exactly. Arguing the false narrative substitutes it for fact. It is 'repeating the lie often enough'.

Except in this scenario, the "burden of proof defender" is nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Doin' OK. Thanks Bosso.

Probably not the place to do this, but I have no idea where else to say it. Wishing all here a calm, peaceful, happy holiday season.

Reactions: Chu Gai

·
Registered
3,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai  /t/1321030/official-chase-home-theater-owners-thread/780#post_24069685

Check out vbizz.com, Skyline.
Thank you. I'm drooling over the wide selections of Crown amps.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Now, that's not the only place in Malasia but given the wide variety of products, it makes for a good starting point. You'll also find quite a large variety of speakers and something must be in your price range. See what their return policy is and you should be able to find several that suit your ears. Also, you'll generally find that these shops do a brisk business in used equipment often with some sort of warranty. Happy hunting.

801 - 820 of 882 Posts