AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 6252 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
OK, need some help again guys. I can't keep bothering Carl. I can't seem to install the Dirac Live software onto my XP PC. I keep getting an error message that I don't have valid Win32 application.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I had similar issues until I tried a win7 32 bit machine. Now it works with my Mac too. Try win7 if you can.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I will try the windows 7 machine. Did you have to install the .net libraries?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
OK, tried the windows 7 PC and exactly the same result.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I had similar issues until I tried a win7 32 bit machine. Now it works with my Mac too. Try win7 if you can.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceenhad  /t/1444649/official-datasat-rs20i-thread-setup-tips-questions-general-info-etc/60#post_22736897

Did you install the math works run times?

Does the initial .bat not install all that for you? The problem is that when I run the .bat file I get error messages that I don't have a valid win 32 application.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
A little handy tip for you all. It's probably in the manual but I do not remember reading about it. And big thanks to Neil for letting me know about this.

I quite often want to listen to one source and watch a different source at the same time. Ie, listen to my linn ds via stereo 1 input and watch news on TiVo via hdmi.

Well just go into input source selection screen for your source you want to listen to.

Then click the video source input you want, hdmi and keep clicking it till it cycles to the hdmi port you require. Then click back on to your audio source, in my case stereo 1. And bingo. You now have sound from stereo 1 and visuals from your choice of hdmi input. Most simple.

·
Registered
759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave  /t/1444649/official-datasat-rs20i-thread-setup-tips-questions-general-info-etc/0_100#post_22737396

Does the initial .bat not install all that for you? The problem is that when I run the .bat file I get error messages that I don't have a valid win 32 application.

Dave,

Try doing the install NOT using the '.bat' file and install in this order:

#1) Matlab libs

#2) Java

#3) And finally the Dirac Live application.

You will need to install the ASIO drivers for your mic preamp (and don't forget the software security dongle) before running Dirac Live. It should be that simple!

Best Regards,

Carl Huff

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hey Carl,

I did try that and still no luck. I maybe missing something here, but do I need the security dongle in the laptop to download the software?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Carl to the rescue! Looks like I had a badly formatted USB. Carl sent me the required software and it installed first time no problem.

I have also been speaking to Carl about connecting directly to the RS20i. Anyone else doing it this way? How did you get it to communicate with your laptop? Again through advise from Carl, I believe you need to find the IP address in the RS20i, but it would be great if someone could provide a step by step to how they did it?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk  /t/1444649/official-datasat-rs20i-thread-setup-tips-questions-general-info-etc/60#post_22744019

I have not used Dirac so cannot help. But the ip is easy to find. Go setup/ network and it's the first info box.
Thanks,

Can I ask why you are not using Dirac?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
From home screen:

Setup

network (top row 5th button to the right)

IP address is top left corner( current )

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Thanks Dan.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I havent had Dirac calibrated as yet due to a room decoration planned early next month, carpets and underlay to be fitted. Then once complete I'll get Neil from Genesis to come and work his magic.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk  /t/1444649/official-datasat-rs20i-thread-setup-tips-questions-general-info-etc/60#post_22744342

I havent had Dirac calibrated as yet due to a room decoration planned early next month, carpets and underlay to be fitted. Then once complete I'll get Neil from Genesis to come and work his magic.

Sounds good. (Pun not intended)

61 - 80 of 6252 Posts