AVS Forum banner

27381 - 27400 of 27410 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,665 Posts
what you planning to move too Frank ?
Maybe back too Anthem AVM 60

edit : then again the Marantz is getting the DTS X Pro upgrade. Will think about it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hi all, i'm from Italy and I have a denon avp a1hd, the biggest problem I notice is only with the dolby Digital plus of Netflix and Amazon prime, the central channel is distorted with many sibilants to the voices(pitch sound). I also tried to change blu ray player but the problem persists. Does it happen to you too? is there any solution? Thanks
bonasera

centre channel issues are well reported with this model

I’d say the capacitors are on the way out from overheating based on the stupid decision to stack all the boards horizontally with poor air circulation

better to replace the caps BEFORE they fail totally and cause non fixable problems

cinemike in Germany used to repair these but I don’t know if he still does

if you do ship it for repair ship it on a pallet

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the answer, but I think that if the capacitors are broken this problem should always do it with all the tracks and also with the physical supports I think, and not only with the Dolby Digital plus, don't you think?

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
I only watch movies any way in my theatre so I don’t think I will even upgrade. Too be honest I might even sell the unit as I don’t need the xtra channels. I don’t even use the other options as well.
Congrats on the new Trinnov, mate. Bet it sounds fantastic in the FraninMAX. I know you mentioned putting your old 8805 in the master bathroom. How'd that go? The AVM60 would make a nice garage system. Kicking back in the garage with a Fosters, tunes on the Anthem, shrimp on the barbie. Come at The Franin, 2020.

·
Premium Member
23,665 Posts
Congrats on the new Trinnov, mate. Bet it sounds fantastic in the FraninMAX. I know you mentioned putting your old 8805 in the master bathroom. How'd that go? The AVM60 would make a nice garage system. Kicking back in the garage with a Fosters, tunes on the Anthem, shrimp on the barbie. Come at The Franin, 2020.

Thanks Waboman. I forgot to mention I had to use my datasat as a boat anchor. Something had to keep my little Tin boat from floating away

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks for the answer, but I think that if the capacitors are broken this problem should always do it with all the tracks and also with the physical supports I think, and not only with the Dolby Digital plus, don't you think?
Sorry I misread ur quote , I thought it was a general thing

i had sound issues in Netflix from my tv and then used Netflix streaming from my iPad app and nOw sound is perfect . I

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about the Nad M17v2 as a replacement for the AVPA1HDA? Anyone considered this?

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
Thanks Waboman. I forgot to mention I had to use my datasat as a boat anchor. Something had to keep my little Tin boat from floating away
I'm glad you found a good use for your Datasat. They do make a right proper boat anchor.

·
Premium Member
23,665 Posts
I'm glad you found a good use for your Datasat. They do make a right proper boat anchor.
Definitely lodged in between my old 8802 and an old Yamaha pro logic receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
Definitely lodged in between my old 8802 and an old Yamaha pro logic receiver.

That's some serious anchorage. Your boat ain't going nowhere!

·
Premium Member
23,665 Posts
That's some serious anchorage. Your boat ain't going nowhere!
It’s a tin boat. It aint going anywhere. Great attraction to the sharks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Amazing how time changes everything.....when I sold my house in 2018, I just left the AVP and POA there.....I got old and couldn't lift them anymore and I just didn't want to deal with it. Left my Definitive towers there also....oh well.....looking back, I should have taken the speakers and the POA.

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
There is an unused AVP on Ebay that I'm thinking of biding on. But, I don't believe Denon is supporting software updates for the AVP any longer. Does anyone recall what improvements were made available by software updates?

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not sure how to put a question on this forum. I still use my A1HDCI still works great and sounds amazing. However, I can no longer connect to the Denon Server through the firmware selection. I know it is old and no longer supported but I was told there is a firmware update for CEC that allows HDMI pass through. Can anyone help me with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good evening, i have an avp without xt32, what kind of recent microphone could i use for calibration? the original dm-505z is now unavailable.

27381 - 27400 of 27410 Posts