AVS Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1615 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I have around 1200 movies, the other scrapers that use TMDB are accurate within about 40 movies or so.
I am currently at about 7000+ titles and the ones that the scrapper misses (on 10Muse) is always due to TMDb having an alternative title that is different from the IMDb title. IMDb usually has the TMDb title under their "Also known as..." section. Some movies are just spelled completely different than the actual name so you have to play with the title in the scrapper.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by divrdown

Scott,

Any chance you have plans to update the mkv forced subtitles patch on the dune for B8? At the moment, I get an error message for when trying to install the patch on b8 on the Dune Smart D1. Thanks for your efforts on this.

There is nothing in B8 that interests me, so I wasn't planning to upgrade my own Dune. Also I heard that B8 has some problems with the IP Control feature, which I use extensively.

Since it's possible to downgrade the firmware easily, perhaps I could upgrade to B8, fix the issues, then downgrade back. I'd like to keep it working but I don't know when I'll have time for this. It could take a while.

Your problem sounds different than the others I've heard, where it works fine until the first standby, and then stops working. What exactly does the error message say?
Any chance you'll be able to look into this for b8? It would certainly be appreciated by many of us.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
It's on my to-do list but not much of a priority for me so it could be a while. :cool:

Are the older firmwares no good for you?
To be honest - i can't get the player to downgrade, every time I try the screen goes black and nothing happens. :rolleyes: PEBCAK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DVB -T HD tuner on Dune HD TV 303D

Hi all, i bought the 303D and the DVB-T key to have only one "box" where watch my videos and TV channels. It works but the software functionality is really basic without EPG headers, possibility to record with a timer, etc... I'm very disappointed for that because, when i bought the key it was not so clear about these limited functions.
Do you know if exist a sort of custom plugin to add to improve the DVB-T functions going at the "standard" level of all the competitors ?

Thanks

regards

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Is it possible to set a preferred subtitle language for MKV playback? Example, an MKV has embedded default English sub & alternate Chinese sub. I want the player to display the Chinese sub as default.
There's a setting for preferred subtitle language for DVD though, but I can't find a setting for typical media files like MKV.
(Please don't tell me to remux as I have too many MKVs. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All just bought a Dune 303D. Got it to see my files on my server. Was hoping to be able to use YAMJ like I did with my popcorn hour. However it seems the Dune can't read (HTM) files? Do I need a special plugin or is there another trick?

YAMJ is creating static (H/TML) pages for my movie wall which I have tweaked really nicely with AEON but I can't for the life of me after 2 hours of playing with it get it to load my
Movie wall.

I hope I didn't buy the wrong player. I read it's one of the better players.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Hey All just bought a Dune 303D. Got it to see my files on my server. Was hoping to be able to use YAMJ like I did with my popcorn hour. However it seems the Dune can't read (HTM) files? Do I need a special plugin or is there another trick?

YAMJ is creating static (H/TML) pages for my movie wall which I have tweaked really nicely with AEON but I can't for the life of me after 2 hours of playing with it get it to load my
Movie wall.

I hope I didn't buy the wrong player. I read it's one of the better players.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You have to use a flash interface like Eversion with YAMJ and the Dune. It works, a bit slow but it does work. There are other interfaces, I use Zappiti Dynamic, you can also use the regular Zappiti. The Zappiti team will give you a licence for the regular one or you can buy Dynamic for $40.00. Yadis is another good option.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi, I have a couple of issues on the HD Base 3D box that a quick search of the thread did not find me answers.

1. Is there a way to put credentials into the network browser piece. I have a Windows domain based network (not a workgroup setting) and nothing shows up in the Network browser. All of my shares require credentials (the Everyone account has no access).
  2. I installed an internal hard drive (actually I tried with two different hard drives) and it keeps telling me it cannot access the hard drive and would I like to format. I told it sure and to use the NTFS filesystem. It goes through the format process in a minute or two with message something like "creating directory structure." This appears to complete successfully - but I still cannot access the drive. The same thing happens if I format to EXT3 (except message is about inodes).
Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

Why can I see my TV on WMP and Bubble Upnp as a media renderer and send files to it, but I can't do the same with the dune HD?
I'd like to use the audio cast function on BubbleUpnp to send the audio stream from my phone to the dune, but can't do so if bubbleupnp doesn't find the dune as a media renderer. my only option atm is to browse media files on the phone from the dune, which implies that my tv is turned on and that I can listen to individual audio files and not the audio stream from eg spotify

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry for double post, but on #1 above where the network browser doesn't seem to be working. I shouldn't have to put credentials in in order to just SEE that the share exists. I have tested by logging onto a Windows workstation with an account that has no access to the shares, and Windows explorer sees all the shares on the network just fine - even though I can't access them without entering valid credentials.

So I guess question 1 above should read: How do I get the network browser to work?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
What is the purpose of the IR Extender? Can I plug an RF to IR base station into it for remote control? If so, it looks smaller than normal. Do I need an adapter or are my eyes deceiving me?

·
Registered
433 Posts
It has never worked well on Dunes. Create a network shortcut for each share; those are reliable.
I can add individual shares manually - is that what you mean by a shortcut? Or I should create a base share and add Windows shortcuts to the other various shares?

I'm not home right now or I would just try it :)
It is a bummer that it has never worked well on Dunes though, seems like something basic like that would be fairly easy to fix...

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I can add individual shares manually - is that what you mean by a shortcut? Or I should create a base share and add Windows shortcuts to the other various shares?

I'm not home right now or I would just try it :)
It is a bummer that it has never worked well on Dunes though, seems like something basic like that would be fairly easy to fix...
On the Dune itself you can add a Network Shortcut (I think you hit the Pop Up or Menu button). This is how I access my Server shares

1261 - 1280 of 1615 Posts