Film Mode: Off
HDMI UHD Color: On for Input 1
HDMI Black Level: Auto
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Tone: Warm 2
Gamma: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Native

Eco Solution: All Off (this is important as the TV will auto adjust if not set to off)

It took me a while to figure out that this was happening each time I did a Software Update. It really dims the picture and in my opinion makes it look like the panel is failing.
I did these settings and picture looks great. The only issue is when I did this: "HDMI UHD Color: On for Input 1", I lost all sound. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know how to change the view when browsing DLNA network files?

The Samsung TV lists each file as an icon with a limited amount of characters and you scroll sideways. Who came up with that? I don't see any way to change it to a list type view. I was hoping to use the TV to stream X265 files from my server as it supports the format well, unlike my Amazon Fire Stick which only supports X264. Is there maybe an alternative app I can install that supports DLNA?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Still love my KU6300 and think even the HDR looks good despite people saying it doesn?t have true HDR10. But I always wonder in the back of my mind how much better a newer TV, even the TCL P-series, would look with true HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

Of course, I know my wife would kill me if I bought a new TV. /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

BTW, wasn?t HDR10+ supposed to be added to all Samsung 2016 TVs? Or was the 6300 series excluded?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Tip restraint

National news tonight was warning of tipping of furniture and items on furniture.

Our 55" is on its stand. We have grandchildren here often. I'm somewhat concerned that they might pull it over. Is the best (only?) practical attachment to the upper pair of the VESA mounting nuts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just updated to firmware 1220.6.
Hi.-
I am trying to update the TV over Internet - update but it says there is no new firmware to be downloaded.
I see that is avaialble for download at samsung website to update id manually thru USB, but my TV its a place that cant be moved, so I do not have access to the USB port.-

Is any way to force the update thru internet?
any alternative?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,019 Posts
Hi.-
I am trying to update the TV over Internet - update but it says there is no new firmware to be downloaded.
I see that is avaialble for download at samsung website to update id manually thru USB, but my TV its a place that cant be moved, so I do not have access to the USB port.-

Is any way to force the update thru internet?
any alternative?

Thanks
Just wait. You'll get the update soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
General fixes and improvements, is probably the most detailed response you could get without being one of the few allowed to speak about such things. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for the random post, but I recently stumbled onto this topic (and forum, for that matter) and have an issue that is bugging the absolute hell out of me that I hope someone more AV savvy can help me out with.

About two years ago I bought a Samsung KU630D from Costco during the Black Friday sale. It actually is a surprisingly serviceable TV for the insanely low cost I bought it at, but the sound left something to be desired. I hooked it up to a DAC I had (SMSL 90 Plus) that accepted Optical Audio and hooked it up to my speakers and subwoofer. The sound is better, but the audio delay is absolutely killing it. It's not much-- maybe a quarter of a second-- but the moment I noticed it I just couldn't stop noticing it. The TV speakers are synced up fine, but the optical audio is behind.

I have the audio set to PCM instead of bitstream, which I think is what my DAC is expecting, and I have the audio delay down to 0 on my TV's sound setting, but it's still off. I thought it might be the bargain basement DAC, especially since I'm using the TV as some bizarre passthrough bull****, but from what I've heard it's not just me that's had this issue. Does anyone know of a fix? I've searched this thread and can't find anything, but my apologies if I just wasn't searching right. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for the random post, but I recently stumbled onto this topic (and forum, for that matter) and have an issue that is bugging the absolute hell out of me that I hope someone more AV savvy can help me out with.

About two years ago I bought a Samsung KU630D from Costco during the Black Friday sale. It actually is a surprisingly serviceable TV for the insanely low cost I bought it at, but the sound left something to be desired. I hooked it up to a DAC I had (SMSL 90 Plus) that accepted Optical Audio and hooked it up to my speakers and subwoofer. The sound is better, but the audio delay is absolutely killing it. It's not much-- maybe a quarter of a second-- but the moment I noticed it I just couldn't stop noticing it. The TV speakers are synced up fine, but the optical audio is behind.

I have the audio set to PCM instead of bitstream, which I think is what my DAC is expecting, and I have the audio delay down to 0 on my TV's sound setting, but it's still off. I thought it might be the bargain basement DAC, especially since I'm using the TV as some bizarre passthrough bull****, but from what I've heard it's not just me that's had this issue. Does anyone know of a fix? I've searched this thread and can't find anything, but my apologies if I just wasn't searching right. Thanks!
i have the same issue, sometimes, it comes and goes..i think it's pretty prevalent on samsung mid tier tv's... i too would like to hear ideas on a fix..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah I too have the issue using optical out on my KU6500 to my sound bar. It’s fine if it’s just PCM but DTS is so bad. Hoping to get a Receiver later this year to fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 2 KU6300 & the newest one which was purchased on 12/2016 turned on this morning with a vertical line right down the middle. Called for service since I purchase the extended warranty from the seller but I told my son the set is probably shot. Maybe they'll try to swap the panel but most likely not. At least we'll get something back for having the warranty. But I'm done with all Samsung products. All of these modern flat panel TV's regardless of the price are disposable!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I have 2 KU6300 & the newest one which was purchased on 12/2016 turned on this morning with a vertical line right down the middle. Called for service since I purchase the extended warranty from the seller but I told my son the set is probably shot. Maybe they'll try to swap the panel but most likely not. At least we'll get something back for having the warranty. But I'm done with all Samsung products. All of these modern flat panel TV's regardless of the price are disposable!
agreed .. i had a panel go bad on my ku6300 less than a year after purchase

Reactions: gugarci
2361 - 2380 of 2444 Posts