AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2444 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
A word of caution on the latest firmwares. My set updated itself to ver 1231 months ago and starting having issues with HDMI CEC with my Onkyo receiver.
After shutting the TV off it would shut off the receiver. and then within a minute the receiver would turn itself on with the TV still off.

If I removed the network cable, this would go away. I even put a magnetic shield on the HDMI and Ethernet cable and still same issue. I reset the receiver and TV to factory and still same problem.

This started with the autoupdate to 1231. If I checked for new updates with this firmware, it would say it had the latest update already.

On the support site theres a newer update: ver 1232.4 released late last month. I updated it using the USB method and the problem went away.

The flockers over at Samsung are screwing things up big time! My recommendation is to stop the auto updates if everything is working fine the way it is.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The new firmware appears to have solved the problem with both of my sets reverting back to the TV source every time that it's turned on, rather than saving and returning to the last app (or source) that it was set to when the TV was previously turned off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do I free up memory on this TV?

I have the UN55MU6300. Today, I was trying to install a new app which uses about 18 MB of memory. I received an indication that there was no free memory available. Specifically, when I go to the Settings menu in the Apps page for the TV, it says that 816.8 MB are in use and that 0MB are free.
I then proceeded to delete 2 apps that each use several MB. The used/free spece numbers did not change! I tried exiting the Apps page and going back. Still no change.
How do I free up memory?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
My KU6300 70” has developed a line that crosses the screen between 1/3 and 1/2 the way up from the bottom. My remaining coverage is through my DirecTV service plan. I’m all in on that plan and called to start the process to see what will be done. There’s a $50 deductible which I paid. To my untrained eye it’s a panel failure. We shall see what happens and I’ll report back.
It’s hard to photograph from a distance so I took the best shot I could. It’s brighter and easier to see, and once you see it ..., on the right half but on close examination it crosses the whole screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone else experienced increasingly sluggish software response from the hub, where scrolling through the apps or inputs at the bottom of the screen gets so laggy that you can barely use it?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anyone else experienced increasingly sluggish software response from the hub, where scrolling through the apps or inputs at the bottom of the screen gets so laggy that you can barely use it?
Yes, usually holding the power button on the remote for 10 seconds forces the tv to soft restart and clears that up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed a few weeks ago that a small circle in the middle of the top of the screen is now appearing at all times but mostly noticeable on white backgrounds. I use this mostly as my work monitor so I have white on the screen a lot. I can't imagine it is burn in because there is nothing on anything I watch or use this TV for in that spot. I cant figure out what it could be.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Since Samsung is abandoning these sets older OS for streaming, whats to become ? are we getting the new OS via Firmware are they going to abandon us?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Since Samsung is abandoning these sets older OS for streaming, whats to become ? are we getting the new OS via Firmware are they going to abandon us?
Cheapest option is buy a streaming stick of choice. No? Though all the crazy deals are over now, I think.

Reactions: foghorn2

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
My KU6300 70” has developed a line that crosses the screen between 1/3 and 1/2 the way up from the bottom. My remaining coverage is through my DirecTV service plan. I’m all in on that plan and called to start the process to see what will be done. There’s a $50 deductible which I paid. To my untrained eye it’s a panel failure. We shall see what happens and I’ll report back.
It’s hard to photograph from a distance so I took the best shot I could. It’s brighter and easier to see, and once you see it ..., on the right half but on close examination it crosses the whole screen.
Update:
Last month the set was claimed under the DirecTV coverage plan. I took the cash buy out of $980 put in the rest to get a 65” Q80R. That set is a beast. Stunning picture in comparison. I gave up 5” for the better level of set. I watch too much news to get an OLED and not worry about burn in every day. I’m in that forum now.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yeah, Firestick is $25 right now. F* Samsung!

They are Stupid TV's at this point.
Technology always moves on, I have never seriously used the built in apps on any smart set I’ve owned. External is always the way to go except for the simplest of configurations, like a stand alone bedroom TV. That’s the 4K version, right? I thought all the prices went back up.
Edit: I’m seeing $50?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed a few weeks ago that a small circle in the middle of the top of the screen is now appearing at all times but mostly noticeable on white backgrounds. I use this mostly as my work monitor so I have white on the screen a lot. I can't imagine it is burn in because there is nothing on anything I watch or use this TV for in that spot. I cant figure out what it could be.

Any thoughts?

No one else has experienced this? It looks like the outline of a small sun directly in the middle of the screen about an inch from the top.

2401 - 2420 of 2444 Posts