AVS Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2444 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
No one else has experienced this? It looks like the outline of a small sun directly in the middle of the screen about an inch from the top.
Could those be pixels stuck in the ON position? There are pixel massager apps or maybe a video on YouTube? They turn every pixel on and off in a random pattern. So it looks like snow. Sometimes that forces a stuck pixel.

Edit: I reread your post. Maybe stuck in the OFF position if they’re dark.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Could those be pixels stuck in the ON position? There are pixel massager apps or maybe a video on YouTube? They turn every pixel on and off in a random pattern. So it looks like snow. Sometimes that forces a stuck pixel.

Edit: I reread your post. Maybe stuck in the OFF position if they’re dark.

Thanks for the response. I have included a picture but it is worse in real life than the pic shows. I looked around and it appears it could be a loose LED light inside the screen?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have included a picture but it is worse in real life than the pic shows. I looked around and it appears it could be a loose LED light inside the screen?
I’m thinking most would say it’s a panel failure It’s also edge lit so nothing loose. I’ll let the experts chime in. Are you under any protection plan?
Also using a soft cloth, microfiber, is it a scratch on the surface?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m thinking most would say it’s a panel failure It’s also edge lit so nothing loose. I’ll let the experts chime in. Are you under any protection plan?
Also using a soft cloth, microfiber, is it a scratch on the surface?

No protection plan. Not a scratch. It is a perfect circle that looks like burn in. I watched videos of loose LED lights on Samsung TVs and it looks exactly the same but i could be wrong obviously. As I don't have the technical skill to take apart and re-glue like the videos showed, it sounds like a new TV is the only solution as the cost to repair isn't worth it.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
No protection plan. Not a scratch. It is a perfect circle that looks like burn in. I watched videos of loose LED lights on Samsung TVs and it looks exactly the same but i could be wrong obviously. As I don't have the technical skill to take apart and re-glue like the videos showed, it sounds like a new TV is the only solution as the cost to repair isn't worth it.
Circle? It looks like a straight line in your picture. Given the LEDs are at the edge, it think a failure of the LCD panel. I’m not an engineer so I’m talking out of my a$$ and taking my best guess. Opening a panel to glue LEDs sounds like quite an adventure. I’m thinking the TV is toast, unless you can live with that thing on the screen. It would drive me nuts. I’d always see it. Less has driven me nuts. I was hesitant to buy DirecTV’s protection plan but it got me a helluva a discount towards my new 65Q80R. Good luck in what you do.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I just realized I saw the black line to the left and totally missed the circle at the top. Both are bad. What’s the black line?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just realized I saw the black line to the left and totally missed the circle at the top. Both are bad. What’s the black line?

Oh haha. I didn't notice that. It is just the curser on the screen. In order to get the screen completely white I opened a Word Doc and put in full screen mode and the cursor was in that position. The only issue is the circle. There are no black lines or anything like that.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Oh haha. I didn't notice that. It is just the curser on the screen. In order to get the screen completely white I opened a Word Doc and put in full screen mode and the cursor was in that position. The only issue is the circle. There are no black lines or anything like that.
Yeah, cursor! LOL. That circle is fairly perfect. I wonder what’s inside the screen at that point on the rear side. Could something have failed inside and etched or burned the rear of the panel? Is it noticeable when an image is running full screen? Sigh. It is a puzzlement.

Reactions: unclejosh

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Or maybe you bought it at Target and they're trying out some subliminal advertising?

Reactions: joe221

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, cursor! LOL. That circle is fairly perfect. I wonder what’s inside the screen at that point on the rear side. Could something have failed inside and etched or burned the rear of the panel? Is it noticeable when an image is running full screen? Sigh. It is a puzzlement.

Nothing could have fallen in. Now I am seeing other circles in other parts of the screen. It is noticeable at all times but mostly in all light screens/scenes. Sometimes when watching a movie it literally looks like a Sun is in the shot.

Based on what I have now read on other boards including the Samsung community one, this is not uncommon and if out of warranty is not worth to have someone fix. The TV needs to be opened and the reflector led cap things that are behind the screen need to be reset and re-glued.

Has there been an upgraded model for this TV and is it considered decent? Aside from this recent issue, I have enjoyed this TV a lot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Nothing could have fallen in. Now I am seeing other circles in other parts of the screen. It is noticeable at all times but mostly in all light screens/scenes. Sometimes when watching a movie it literally looks like a Sun is in the shot.

Based on what I have now read on other boards including the Samsung community one, this is not uncommon and if out of warranty is not worth to have someone fix. The TV needs to be opened and the reflector led cap things that are behind the screen need to be reset and re-glued.

Has there been an upgraded model for this TV and is it considered decent? Aside from this recent issue, I have enjoyed this TV a lot.

Thanks!

My 60" is still working fine but I despise Samsung's firmware so much I plan to look elsewhere for my next model. Hey, maybe that LG OLED that rolls up like a window shade!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is not in the budget unfortunately. I have a LG Oled in my living room but I need a cheap 40-43 inch tv for my bedroom/office as I use it as my computer monitor. This Samsung has worked perfectly for my needs until this ring issue started.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

Thanks!
I did until mine failed. I was offered a 75” version at a similar level. I quickly checked and the reviews were no that great. I asked Asurian (DirecTVs actual insurance company) if I could go smaller in trade of a higher level product. She offered a “reasonable cash value” of just under a grand. I grabbed that and got the 65” Q80R. I love this set. The blacks, and image quality, less reflectivity and wide angle all spoke to me. Got it as a recertified on Amazon for hundreds less than a new one. As the reviews stated, it arrived as a new in box, sealed. I used some of the saved money to buy a 4year Asurian warranty as the recertified came with a 90 day return privilege. I’m very happy with it. It’s night and day better. Only strike is the lack of DolbyVision. I’m OK with that and OLED is a non-starter with me. Too much news viewing. Burn in fears.

Edit:
I just looked. My Renewed price went up by two hundred. Not sure I’d have done it at this difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to add to the discussion of these failing, my 43" developed a worsening "shadow" along a horizontal, then vertical line, visible only on certain darker backgrounds. (It is most visible on the dark blue Samsung USB media explorer). This happened about 35 months into my ownership, which was luckily just within my credit card extended warranty. I received a full refund for the purchase amount, as the repair cost exceeded what I paid. I upgraded to a 65" 60R QLED. I'm happy with it, but would recommend the 70R for the better LED backlighting.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No sound from receiver

I need some assistance. I have a Samsung UN70KU6300 tv that is connected to a Marantz sr6001 receiver via HDMI through both ARC connections; tv and receiver. However, when I play content from a built-in app on the TV, I get no sound. I checked the TV audio settings and it is set to receiver. When I play content from my Nvidia Shield, it works perfectly fine. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I need some assistance. I have a Samsung UN70KU6300 tv that is connected to a Marantz sr6001 receiver via HDMI through both ARC connections; tv and receiver. However, when I play content from a built-in app on the TV, I get no sound. I checked the TV audio settings and it is set to receiver. When I play content from my Nvidia Shield, it works perfectly fine. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
As I remember CEC needs to be on in the TV for ARC to work.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ESPN has some on-demand that can be watched via their APP if you have ESPN thru your provider; we do. When I attempt to load it on our 6300, the screen goes blank and I get no further. I found several sites via Google that say it works, several that say Samsung doesn't support it. What can I do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some info for you guys. I got tired of seeing the ad on the TV and god knows what else the TV is doing. I used a combination of Pi-hole and the domain list here to block all this crap.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pihole/comments/5eirvy/from_the_smart_tv_thread_in_rtechnology/damgggq/

The TV has also being self installing apps in the background to the point it started running sluggish. I uninstalled all the apps but some it won't let you. Still it is performing better now. I still can't believe they force ads on you and took the option to disable the ads in the terms and services option....no more Samsung TVs for me anymore.

2421 - 2440 of 2444 Posts