AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 21063 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmbc /forum/post/0


Almost but you didn't countersink your driver

Or the ports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
some prelim info about products and prices is up apparently.....at least is a start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Just a note you guys might have to CTRL+F5 reload the page to purge the cache.


Where have I seen this before...

Quote:
Warranty: 7 years on driver, 2 years on electronics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
That Conquest sub looks great! Even for a DIY whore like me. Hopefully this sub can get the 'OMGZ Fathomz R Like ThE besteST suBz IN thE wurlD!' cheerleaders to quiet down (Even though they have been fairly quiet since the PB-13 specs are out)


When everybody understands that all you really need to succeed in bass is to move a lot of air, there will hopefully be a trend of subs bigger and badder than even this guy here.



If only TCSounds would release the PB-18 Ultra/2
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside /forum/post/11351261


'OMGZ Fathomz R Like ThE besteST suBz IN thE wurlD!' cheerleaders to quiet

You do realize that you are the only person to post something this obnoxious about the JL Audio subs.


This forum has seen enough of the juvenile comments from guys like you.


However, if you can find where anyone has said "'OMGZ Fathomz R Like ThE besteST suBz IN thE wurlD!", please, let's see it. Otherwise, grow up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub /forum/post/11351303


You do realize that you are the only person to post something this obnoxious about the JL Audio subs.


This forum has seen enough of the juvenile comments from guys like you.


However, if you can find where anyone has said "'OMGZ Fathomz R Like ThE besteST suBz IN thE wurlD!", please, let's see it. Otherwise, grow up.

It's called sarcasm. There's no need to be a grumplestiltskin all the time.



I think the JL subs look nice and dainty.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside /forum/post/11351355


It's called sarcasm. There's no need to be a grumplestiltskin all the time.



I think the JL subs look nice and dainty.

Speaking of sarcasm, I forgot you are still in puberty, and that is important to remember when reading your posts. I showed my 13 year old daughter your post. She thought it was pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub /forum/post/11351303


You do realize that you are the only person to post something this obnoxious about the JL Audio subs.


This forum has seen enough of the juvenile comments from guys like you.

Naw I agree with his comment.


Its a cute sub though.... If your girlfriend doesn't let you buy something big or if you don't like manly looking/sounding subs then the jl will do the job.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts
Iggster and Cracky ... This thread is about the Epik subwoofers. It is not about your asinine opinions of the JL Audio Fathom. In fact, it is not about the Fathom, period.


I know this is hard for you 2 to understand, but if you concentrate REALLY hard, perhaps it will sink in.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside /forum/post/11351387


LOL that was a good one. (@ craigsub)


What about the other Epik subs, they look good to me, introductory size is the 15", very intriguing!

I think a Conquest needs to be pitted against the A7-900 and the dual Sealed SDX-15's.


Of course, I will have to see if my girlfriend will allow me to add that to the collection ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub /forum/post/11351398


Iggster and Cracky ... This thread is about the Epik subwoofers. It is not about your asinine opinions of the JL Audio Fathom. In fact, it is not about the Fathom, period.


I know this is hard for you 2 to understand, but if you concentrate REALLY hard, perhaps it will sink in.

Oh the irony..... (gets flashbacks to the LMS5400 vs JL debates)
But you gotta remember, this is an internet forum, a topic longer than one page is bound to go off-topic.


I wish there were some more specs on the 18" driver they are using!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub /forum/post/11351398


Iggster and Cracky ... This thread is about the Epik subwoofers. It is not about your asinine opinions of the JL Audio Fathom. In fact, it is not about the Fathom, period.


I know this is hard for you 2 to understand, but if you concentrate REALLY hard, perhaps it will sink in.

Well I was comparing their top of the line sub with mine since the box design is identical but mine is probably louder and probably has the same sq if not better



But this one probably will give others like the jl a run for its money. heh even the new tc sounds sub probably will give the jl a run for its money.


btw I hope to see some reviews of this sub soon maybe even demo one locally for fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster /forum/post/11351454


Well I was comparing their top of the line sub with mine since the box design is identical but mine is probably louder and probably has the same sq if not better



But this one probably will give others like the jl a run for its money. heh even the new tc sounds sub probably will give the jl a run for its money.


btw I hope to see some reviews of this sub soon maybe even demo one locally for fun.

I don't know about identical box design. The guys at JL really know how to make enclosures. That is one thing I will never make fun of them about. I am still impressed at how well those enclosures are built. But I do wish they would venture into the world of 15" and above drivers, same things goes to SVS.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster /forum/post/11351454


Well I was comparing their top of the line sub with mine since the box design is identical but mine is probably louder and probably has the same sq if not better



But this one probably will give others like the jl a run for its money. heh even the new tc sounds sub probably will give the jl a run for its money.


btw I hope to see some reviews of this sub soon maybe even demo one locally for fun.

I forgot the exact number ... what was the SPL you claim to have gotten from your subwoofer ? That is a single driver TC-2000 (15 inch), right ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub /forum/post/11351470


I forgot the exact number ... what was the SPL you claim to have gotten from your subwoofer ? That is a single driver TC-2000 (15 inch), right ?

126db at 18 hertz in a 1000 cubic foot room.... ( the termlab usb mic)


Heres the fr of my sub

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside /forum/post/11351469


I don't know about identical box design. The guys at JL really know how to make enclosures.

I was talking about the epik and my sub, look at page 1.
 
21 - 40 of 21063 Posts
Top