AVS Forum banner

12881 - 12900 of 20108 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
i tried several sources like consoles, PC and media players. whenever the source is 4k my pj automatically sets to 8-bit 4:4:4 color depth. i also tried several hdmi cables directly on pj. i also bypassed the hdmi signal from my Denon AVR and nothing, all the same.
im hoping that the linker will resolve this. i dont want to start thinking that my pj is defective yet.
What consoles?

If you tried UHD Blu Rays or Amazon Prime on an Xbox One S or X. You should be seeing 4K/24hz HDR 12 bit. If you are not, I would look into a cabling issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What consoles?

If you tried UHD Blu Rays or Amazon Prime on an Xbox One S or X. You should be seeing 4K/24hz HDR 12 bit. If you are not, I would look into a cabling issue.
my linker just arrived today and fortunately all my problems were solved!
now im able to send a 4k/24Hz signal with 12 bit 4:2:2 HDR BT.2020

colour banding/artifacts have disappeared now.

only thing's left now is to test between 4k/60Hz 8 bit 4:4:4 and 2k/60Hz 12 bit 4:4:4 with epson upscaler and see which one produces less artifacts.

anyone tested this?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Linker? Whats that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was playing Battlefront 2 this afternoon using HarperVision's settings and I noticed that the edges of dark objects on light backgrounds smear when panning quickly. They leave a trail in their wake. I played around with the settings a bit and the imagine enhancement presets increase the effect. The smear is barely noticeable on 1 and the worst on 5. I never noticed this issue before until today. It also seems to be most prevalent with HarperVision, not the default color modes. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
Bumping this up again. Can anyone confirm they have the same issue?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Should I need a linker if I'm watching 4k blu ray disc on my Oppo 203?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just upgraded from a Panasonic AE-7000U to an Epson EH-TW8300 (5040UB). I am feeding it with an Oppo UDP-203 and an Egreat A-10 UHD media player. The signal is routed thru a Marantz AV8802A. Why does the picture become lifeless as soon as I switch the Oppo or the Egreat to source direct or 4K output? Why is it that when I play regular blu-rays or even UHD blu-rays set to output 1080p, I get a farrrrrrr superior picture? As great an improvement that I find the Epson over the Panasonic, I am HUGELY disappointed with the UHD/HDR thing. In fact, at this rate I'd MUCH rather just output everything to the projector at 1080p. What's going on here? I really for the life of me cannot figure this out. Please point me to a basic set of recommended settings for the projector.
Please HELP!

PS: The 3D experience on the Epson just completely blows the Panasonic away. WOW!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Should I need a linker if I'm watching 4k blu ray disc on my Oppo 203?
I'm watching 4K UHD HDRs played on my 203 just fine without a Linker.. :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
I just upgraded from a Panasonic AE-7000U to an Epson EH-TW8300 (5040UB). I am feeding it with an Oppo UDP-203 and an Egreat A-10 UHD media player. The signal is routed thru a Marantz AV8802A. Why does the picture become lifeless as soon as I switch the Oppo or the Egreat to source direct or 4K output? Why is it that when I play regular blu-rays or even UHD blu-rays set to output 1080p, I get a farrrrrrr superior picture? As great an improvement that I find the Epson over the Panasonic, I am HUGELY disappointed with the UHD/HDR thing. In fact, at this rate I'd MUCH rather just output everything to the projector at 1080p. What's going on here? I really for the life of me cannot figure this out. Please point me to a basic set of recommended settings for the projector.
Please HELP!

PS: The 3D experience on the Epson just completely blows the Panasonic away. WOW!
Make sure you have the latest firmware (1.11) and have the dynamic range setting under Signal > Advanced > Dynamic Range set to Auto (Bright). That should make a huge difference. In addition, there are numerous custom settings that other owners have posted that should improve your image. Search for "Oledurt" in particular.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
786 Posts
Please HELP!

I don't know if this will help, but worth reading.. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/2676801-official-oppo-udp-203-owner-s-thread-292.html

Reactions: Sanjay

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have my Xbox one s going to the HDFury Integral set to 4k60 600Mhz 444 HDR bt2020 to Linker which converts it to 1080p 444 HDR BT2020. I let the projector upscale it to 4K. I prefer having the extra color than the 4K input, letting the projector just upscale it.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a Vertex though so i can go from 4k60 444 > 4k30 422

·
Registered
358 Posts
I snapped this while streaming a UHD movie on my apple tv 4k. Isn’t there something I can change in the settings to get better picture or color quality? Sorry im really new at this

·
Registered
81 Posts
I snapped this while streaming a UHD movie on my apple tv 4k. Isn’t there something I can change in the settings to get better picture or color quality? Sorry im really new at this

Have you put the projector in HDR mode and what are your setting on the Apple 4K?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Please HELP!

Strange, I have the same setup but with a yamaha receiver in direct more too, and force oppo 203 in 2020, 30hz, 12 bit 4:4:4, use HDR1 with 1.11 firmware on epson and 4K UHD discs are way better than any standard blu-ray disc. Make sure that the image coming to your epson is 2020 and not 709

·
Registered
96 Posts
HDFury Link basic question for 5040UB Help Please

I have been trying to follow the HDFury Link discussion, however I have some very basic questions that may have been answered, thus sorry for asking again....

1)Does it make the 4k picture better when using a 4k/UHD player?
Receiver: Marantz SR6012
4k Player: Sony UBP-X800

2)Does it make the 4k Apple TV Better?

I will be honest, I get confused in talking about the various ratios, etc.

Any thoughts please? Before I shell out $200 dollars or is it just better to invest in OPPO 203 player?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Have you put the projector in HDR mode and what are your setting on the Apple 4K?
You want to go to the Apple 4K settings menu, video/sound, and set custom video @ 4K/24. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have been trying to follow the HDFury Link discussion, however I have some very basic questions that may have been answered, thus sorry for asking again....

1)Does it make the 4k picture better when using a 4k/UHD player?
Receiver: Marantz SR6012
4k Player: Sony UBP-X800

2)Does it make the 4k Apple TV Better?

I will be honest, I get confused in talking about the various ratios, etc.

Any thoughts please? Before I shell out $200 dollars or is it just better to invest in OPPO 203 player?
I have the Oppo 203 and HD Linker. If you watch 4k movies, I would purchase the Oppo 203 player first, and 4K high speed cables, if required.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
358 Posts

Pj is on hdr auto bright

Apple tv is on 4k sdr.

Apple tv is plugged in the denon 4300 in the media player slot.

Would it be better if the apple tv is played thru oppo 203?

·
Registered
832 Posts

You are not sending an HDR signal to the projector, that is why it does not look correct. You need to change the settings in Aplle TV to send 4K/24 HDR

HDR mode is not going to fix his issue. The issue is he is sending an SDR signal. Changing the Projector to "HDR Auto, 1 etc" Will not fix this. The signal is wrong.

Pj is on hdr auto bright

Apple tv is on 4k sdr.

Apple tv is plugged in the denon 4300 in the media player slot.

Would it be better if the apple tv is played thru oppo 203?

Do not run it through the Oppo, you need to change your Apple TV settings

12881 - 12900 of 20108 Posts