AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation but looked at the reviews on the Samsung and the Xpand. Both said the quality of the 3d was poor.

The Samsung’s have been great. They’ve been recommended on many pages in the 5040 thread if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
My projector is making the skin tones reddish, any suggestions how to fix it ?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I haven’t touched any settings and haven’t found that problem. Try the 5040 or 5050 thread, this one isn’t very active and the 4010 should be the 5050 less the UB and HDMI 2.0 from my understanding.

The 4010 can currently be had for an incredible price in Canada right not from a fantastic source for exchanges and warranties :). My last post seems to have been deleting for stating the $ and club store ;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry, I haven’t touched any settings and haven’t found that problem. Try the 5040 or 5050 thread, this one isn’t very active and the 4010 should be the 5050 less the UB and HDMI 2.0 from my understanding.

The 4010 can currently be had for an incredible price in Canada right not from a fantastic source for exchanges and warranties :). My last post seems to have been deleting for stating the $ and club store ;)

Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am thinking of upgrading my old sanyo z2000 projector which I still think has a great picture to the 4010...will I see a big improvement even with 1080p? My hdmi cable i use now is ver 1.3 will this work with 4k?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Throw distance and position question...

What would be the optimal throw distance between an Epson Home Cinema 4010 and a 110" ALR Projector Screen?
Is there a rule of thumb, or a best-practice to determine this?

Also, I wouldn't mind tucking the projector a bit off to the side, closer to the wall, out of the way. Will this impact image quality, contrast, brightness, etc? I'm especially cautious not to throw things off since I'm using an ALR screen.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
What would be the optimal throw distance between an Epson Home Cinema 4010 and a 110" ALR Projector Screen?
Is there a rule of thumb, or a best-practice to determine this?

Also, I wouldn't mind tucking the projector a bit off to the side, closer to the wall, out of the way. Will this impact image quality, contrast, brightness, etc? I'm especially cautious not to throw things off since I'm using an ALR screen.
What is the screen fabric?

Do you have both items?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi folks, anyone using their 4010 with the Panasonic 420/820? How’s it working out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

I just pulled the trigger on the 4010 (possibly prematurely). We stream exclusively with the AppleTV 4k using apps from Amazon, Netflix, HBO, Apple, Movies Anywhere and Disney+.

Is anyone able to get proper HDR/24fps using any of these apps? I'm aware of the "match frame rate" setting in AppleTV but I can't seem to find out if the apps will send the frame rate that the 4010 needs.

If I can't get HDR from them I may have to upgrade to the 5050.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting Error: HDCP 2.2 Not Supported

Just upgraded the home theater with the following equipment (all cables are HDMI 2.0):
1. Projector: Epson 4010 Projector
2. Receiver: Yamaha RX-V685
3. BD Player: LG - UBK80 (4k)

All devices support HDCP 2.2 and the projector has an HDCP 2.2 HDMI input (HDMI1). The BD player is plugged-in to HDMI1 input on the receiver but when I plugin HDMI1 from the projector to HDMI1 (or HDMI2) output on the receiver I get an error that HDCP 2.2 is not supported. What's interesting is that if I take the projector's HDMI2 port (the non HDCP 2.2 port on the projector) and plug that into any of the output HDMI ports on the receiver AND I tweak the settings on the receiver to say that the receiver's HDMI HDCP setting is 1.4 - it works. Clear as mud? Okay - so here are my questions:

1. If the BD player and everything works on HDCP 1.4 utilizing the non HDCP 2.2 port on the projector, am I still getting 4k content?
2. Why am I getting an error that HDCP 2.2 is not supported when all 3 devices support HDCP 2.2 and they are connected via an HDMI 2.0 cable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new Epson Home Cinema 4010 was working Perfectly until I connected an apple TV 4K. After a while I got a “no signal” message.
I tried with the other HDMI port and worked for a few minutes and got the “no signal” message again.
Now I am trying to connect other sources (imac, iphone, etc) and nothing works. (No signal on both HDMI ports)
Did I damaged the HDMI Ports ??
PLEASE HELP !

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey all,

I just pulled the trigger on the 4010 (possibly prematurely). We stream exclusively with the AppleTV 4k using apps from Amazon, Netflix, HBO, Apple, Movies Anywhere and Disney+.

Is anyone able to get proper HDR/24fps using any of these apps? I'm aware of the "match frame rate" setting in AppleTV but I can't seem to find out if the apps will send the frame rate that the 4010 needs.

If I can't get HDR from them I may have to upgrade to the 5050.

I’m getting 24fps HDR with Xbox one s. However, I turn it off as SDR looks better to me with default settings.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My new Epson Home Cinema 4010 was working Perfectly until I connected an apple TV 4K. After a while I got a “no signal” message.
I tried with the other HDMI port and worked for a few minutes and got the “no signal” message again.
Now I am trying to connect other sources (imac, iphone, etc) and nothing works. (No signal on both HDMI ports)
Did I damaged the HDMI Ports ??
PLEASE HELP !

Did u resolve?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just upgraded the home theater with the following equipment (all cables are HDMI 2.0):

1. Projector: Epson 4010 Projector

2. Receiver: Yamaha RX-V685

3. BD Player: LG - UBK80 (4k)

All devices support HDCP 2.2 and the projector has an HDCP 2.2 HDMI input (HDMI1). The BD player is plugged-in to HDMI1 input on the receiver but when I plugin HDMI1 from the projector to HDMI1 (or HDMI2) output on the receiver I get an error that HDCP 2.2 is not supported. What's interesting is that if I take the projector's HDMI2 port (the non HDCP 2.2 port on the projector) and plug that into any of the output HDMI ports on the receiver AND I tweak the settings on the receiver to say that the receiver's HDMI HDCP setting is 1.4 - it works. Clear as mud? Okay - so here are my questions:

1. If the BD player and everything works on HDCP 1.4 utilizing the non HDCP 2.2 port on the projector, am I still getting 4k content?

2. Why am I getting an error that HDCP 2.2 is not supported when all 3 devices support HDCP 2.2 and they are connected via an HDMI 2.0 cable?

Did u resolve?

·
Registered
576 Posts
With everyone mostly in stay at home mode. How’s everyone’s 4010 going? Anyone have best settings to share? Setups? I’ve mostly left things on default. I’ve decided mostly to forgot HDR as the picture in 1080p or 4kSDR is more than fine for me. I just couldn’t get HDR to really pop even with a Panasonic 420 in the mix.

·
Registered
45 Posts
5030ub vs 4010

Hey guys, i need a quick reply if possible, i have a 5030ub and there is a deal on the 4010 right now, does any of you guys ever had the 5030ub and now have the 4010? Are the black good on the 4010 compare to the 5030ub ? will i see a big difference?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Hey guys, i need a quick reply if possible, i have a 5030ub and there is a deal on the 4010 right now, does any of you guys ever had the 5030ub and now have the 4010? Are the black good on the 4010 compare to the 5030ub ? will i see a big difference?
The 5030 is part of the UltraBlack class, the HC4010 has much poorer contrast/blacks.

The HC4010 does have 4K, but also a 10GB HDMI, which means no 4K HDR 60Hz, only up to 24/30Hz. Gaming and some streaming services will not work in 4K HDR.

IMO contrast is more important than Epsons 2x1080p type 4K.

Not sure what kind of deal (no price talk in this thread), but a 5040UB is a better option. It's the HC4010 but with good contrast/black level. The same 10GB HDMI unfortunately.

What is your source, and what streaming services do you use (if any)?
What about gaming?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 5030 is part of the UltraBlack class, the HC4010 has much poorer contrast/blacks.

The HC4010 does have 4K, but also a 10GB HDMI, which means no 4K HDR 60Hz, only up to 24/30Hz. Gaming and some streaming services will not work in 4K HDR.

IMO contrast is more important than Epsons 2x1080p type 4K.

Not sure what kind of deal (no price talk in this thread), but a 5040UB is a better option. It's the HC4010 but with good contrast/black level. The same 10GB HDMI unfortunately.

What is your source, and what streaming services do you use (if any)?
What about gaming?
I have both Roku and FireStick 4k, for gaming XBox One and PS4, not the PRO version. The think is the last time i had to fish a wired to upgrade the HDMI to 1.4 it was a nightmare for me so the 1.4 hdmi is ok with me. For Gaming the 5030ub is horrible. I lost my chance on a 5040ub refurbish last week but with the current deal i have 90 days to return it so if i don't like the black i can return it and i have already someone waiting to buy my 5030ub if i decide too. Also i have a Darbee that help with the detail in constrat so im gonna try it with it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I have both Roku and FireStick 4k, for gaming XBox One and PS4, not the PRO version. The think is the last time i had to fish a wired to upgrade the HDMI to 1.4 it was a nightmare for me so the 1.4 hdmi is ok with me. For Gaming the 5030ub is horrible. I lost my chance on a 5040ub refurbish last week but with the current deal i have 90 days to return it so if i don't like the black i can return it and i have already someone waiting to buy my 5030ub if i decide too. Also i have a Darbee that help with the detail in constrat so im gonna try it with it.
Why is the gaming horrible?

Any Netflix/Vudu?

121 - 140 of 148 Posts