AVS Forum banner

701 - 712 of 712 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I picked up a refreshed 2150 from Amazon for $499 and it should be here tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm still looking at the refurb 3700s available from Epson directly and wondering if that is worth the extra $100.

I'll be using for my living room HT -- projecting onto a 100 inch screen -- where there will not be full dark much of the time. I'm also planning to install on to a ceiling mount with quick release so it can be taken outside for movie nights in the summer (or more often given that entertaining and seeing friends these days is 100% outside and at-distance). Brightness is therefore important. Anybody have advice about 2150 vs 3700?
Epson is bit higher lumen output in max brightness also size comparison my 2150 is much smaller in real life vs the 3700. I too am using in non light controlled room and I didn't want huge box hanging from my ceiling being that I only have 10ft walls. For outdoors the 3700 would be better for sure. Also the throw distance for the 2 units is slightly different. Paired with a matte grey wall or screen the 2150 should fit your needs. Here's my 2150 mid day with blinds facing away from screen. But still plenty of light in the room and my front door wide open.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone know is there a 4K version of Epson homecinema 1060(Epson EH-TW650)?

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased an Epson-refurbished HC2100, and noted that the fan makes a peculiar rumbling noise in Eco mode (a bit like a diesel engine idling) that's hard to ignore. Has anyone replaced a fan in one of these before? As a pc tech, I'm not intimidated at the prospect of replacing it, just looking for tips if anyone has done it before.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recently purchased an Epson-refurbished HC2100, and noted that the fan makes a peculiar rumbling noise in Eco mode (a bit like a diesel engine idling) that's hard to ignore. Has anyone replaced a fan in one of these before? As a pc tech, I'm not intimidated at the prospect of replacing it, just looking for tips if anyone has done it before.
Usually in eco mode they are very silent. Check if high altitude mode is enabled and disable it. Try also a general reset, from the main menu.
Otherwise, if it is refurbished, with warranty, just ask for refund or replacement with a 2100/2150. Or 3100/3700 if dimensions and weight are not a problem.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just order a refreshed version from Amazon. Super stoked.

Anyone have success with using a USB flash drive formatted to exfaf? I have a large thumb drive with a lot of content.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently purchassed "Powerlite Home Cinema 2150 HD" and am quite happy.

We use it in the more quiet eco mode and still it is even too bright for our living room. (Small flat.)

I have two questions: Tried to find posts with help, but was unable to find anything usefull. Any pointers would be very welcome.

1.- Screen goes black briefly on occasion. Once a movie or series streaming through HDMI from a laptop starts there is no problem, but when exploring a service such as Netflix, the screen often goes black for a bit. Maybe 1 or 2 seconds. ¿Is there something to configure? ¿Is this wrong? ¿Is this normal? Any comments would be very welcome.

2.- Dynamic iris is sometimes rather noisy. At least that's what I understand it to be. There is a noise, similar to that of another projecto we had which also had a dynamic iris. I was wondering if maybe something had to be done or configured when I first unboxed it. Didn't find any more strips of tape or packing to remove, but was wondering if maybe I missed something.

Thanks for any and all pointers.

I'm not very knowledgeable, but this projector is great in our living room and we enjoy it very much.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Recently purchassed "Powerlite Home Cinema 2150 HD" and am quite happy.

We use it in the more quiet eco mode and still it is even too bright for our living room. (Small flat.)

I have two questions: Tried to find posts with help, but was unable to find anything usefull. Any pointers would be very welcome.

1.- Screen goes black briefly on occasion. Once a movie or series streaming through HDMI from a laptop starts there is no problem, but when exploring a service such as Netflix, the screen often goes black for a bit. Maybe 1 or 2 seconds. ¿Is there something to configure? ¿Is this wrong? ¿Is this normal? Any comments would be very welcome.

2.- Dynamic iris is sometimes rather noisy. At least that's what I understand it to be. There is a noise, similar to that of another projecto we had which also had a dynamic iris. I was wondering if maybe something had to be done or configured when I first unboxed it. Didn't find any more strips of tape or packing to remove, but was wondering if maybe I missed something.

Thanks for any and all pointers.

I'm not very knowledgeable, but this projector is great in our living room and we enjoy it very much.
Use Cinema image setting along with eco. And you'll get a softer more life like image and will be dimmer if that's what you're looking for. :) Also auto iris leave off truly. IMO you shouldn't hear anything different with it on at all. I could be wrong though. It has been known to cause flickering of grey's and blacks though. I always use it off. Also your HDMI cable may be the cause of the drop of picture. I had this issue at times with my Plex app on my Xbox. But with my shield tv and older firestick I had no issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use Cinema image setting along with eco. And you'll get a softer more life like image and will be dimmer if that's what you're looking for. :) Also auto iris leave off truly. IMO you shouldn't hear anything different with it on at all. I could be wrong though. It has been known to cause flickering of grey's and blacks though. I always use it off. Also your HDMI cable may be the cause of the drop of picture. I had this issue at times with my Plex app on my Xbox. But with my shield tv and older firestick I had no issue.

Many many thanks. Will try all of this. Will post here if disbling the iris stops the noise we hear on occasion. If problem persists with black screen, will change the cable. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many many thanks. Will try all of this. Will post here if disbling the iris stops the noise we hear on occasion. If problem persists with black screen, will change the cable. Thanks again.
Disabled Iris and set to cinema. It seems all problems are resolved. Screen never went black and noise dissappeared. Everything is just dandy now. Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
New models TW5700/5750, more brightness, different throw ratio and other features.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
New models TW5700/5750, more brightness, different throw ratio and other features.
Can't find any info on the 5750.
5700 seems to be only for AU/NZ market. It's kind of strange for Epson to release a 1080p model now. Don't understand why throw ratio is 1.22 - 1.47, why limit it:

Epson also only released the 5050UB outside US/Canada in Australia/NZ as the TW8400.

Some "smart tv" like features.

·
Registered
331 Posts
TW5700 has the same short throw 1.2 zoom without lens shift of the TW5400 (EU-AU-Asia-JP only, not available in America) or the old TW5300 / HC 2040 series, while TW5750 has the same 1.6 of the TW5600/5650 (HC 2100/2100) and lens shift -5 +10%. They both have the same LCD panels (0.61" C2 Fine) of the TW7000/7100 HC3200/3800 series.

On the Epson AU web site, only the TW5700 is shown, with these specs...

However, following the manual download page, and 'click here...'

despite it says TW5700 manual (Sept. 22) if you download the pdf it is the TW5750 manual! With different specs. Likely under revision to include the TW5700 different instructions and title.

Reactions: noob00224
701 - 712 of 712 Posts