AVS Forum banner

3201 - 3209 of 3209 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Is it possible to manually adjust iris in Epson 1080 UB? I don't like auto-iris mode due to its noise.

I need to reduce brightness and currently I use ND2 optical filter to keep full contrast.

·
Registered
216 Posts
help with bare bulb replacement info

I need help in finding a replacement bulb for my wonderful old Pro 1080 UB projector. Most sources don't even list this projector's model number little alone replacement "bulb kit" holder and bulb package. So I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what brand (maybe osram) and model number bulb is used. I have an OEM lamp assembly with broken bulb, but can't find any model number information on the bulb. Can anyone shed some Light on the subject, pun intended. I'm not ready to toss the projector out with the dirty bulb water.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I took my projector down and apart to get the old lamp assembly. So on the light kit, I can read the letters on the side of the bulb. The amounts are very much like a normal person. So on the bulb, these are the letter and number combinations:keep on giving (or taking).

UHE 170 E2 - C

The second line is:

170 W 80Vc

Note the small letter c at the end may be a reflection from the one above it.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have you purchased or used bulbs/kits from this company? I see too many listings for "osram" bulbs, but never find one with the proper osram/epson numbers on the bulb. In the model name, I get the 170 is for wattage. Do you know what the E2-C stands for? Is it a coloration or difference in performance? I found a Osram bare bulb that is claimed by the seller to be a replacement. But it has E3-C on the bulb. It is label/marked Epson, so it is OEM, but I don't know what the difference is between E2-C and E3-C is.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have bought my spare bulb for my benq mw526ae from them and it is the official oem from benq themselves.I'm not sure of the differences for those bulbs for your projector since i have never had it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok plan B. So I've installed a replacement lamp, and I have the same problem. So if the issue isn't the bulb, is it worth spending any money trying to figure out what the problem is? Or should I say 11 years was a good long run for a front projector? If you are wondering what the image problem looks like is moire type display with weird colors. I wasn't quite sure I believed the "replace lamp" error message on the screen. Or it could have been a defective reproduction Epson kit with Osram bulb. Is it worth sending the projector anywhere to have some take a look? Or is there a diagnostic menu that I can try to go through?

If I'm looking at a new projector, I'd like to go laser and 4k. But from my brief reading, in order to get a projector that does everything well, it costs over $6k. Any ideas or recommendation? My screen is about 9ft wide with projector about 18 feet from the screen and sitting area about 13ft from the screen. Too lazy at the moment to get the tape measure out.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Does anyone know how to open up/dismantle the remote?
My off button has stopped working, but pretty sure it can be fixed if I can open the casing.

3201 - 3209 of 3209 Posts