AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1264 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRMWARE VERSION 2.7 NOW RELEASED!!!!

DIRECT LINK for Toshiba Firmware Update Notice!

2.7 UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE VIA THE PLAYER'S SETUP MENU - For Instructions, CLICK HERE

ISO FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD - DIRECT LINKS FOR SPECIFIC MODELS (Thanks trabbic):

XA2 - Image Tested - OK

A20 - Image Tested - OK

A2 / D2 - Image Tested - OK

NOTE: XA2 V2.7 Firmware working with the European HD-XE1 - VIEW THREAD
NOTE: A2 V2.7 Firmware reportedly working with the European HD-E1 - VIEW POST

BURNING FIRMWARE TO CD HELP!

PC

1. Unzip ISO Image from ZIP File.

2. Install ISO Recorder v2 (XP) or v3 (Vista) software (free, Google it).

3. Choose a good brand blank CD-R.

4. Burn the ISO image with ISO Recorder at 4x or lower speed.

5. Load the disc into Toshiba and power on.

6. Firmware upgrade start successfully and completed within half hour.

MAC - Thanks grubavs

1. Download the .iso file.

2. Open Disc Utility app.

3. Drag the .iso file to the left column of the Disc Utility app window.

4. Select the .iso file (single click).

5. Press the BURN button on the Disc Utility app window.

6. Insert CD-r as directed.

7. Burn, Baby, Burn!!!

8. Load the disc into Toshiba and power on.

9. Firmware upgrade start successfully and completed within half hour.

*** IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU INITIALIZE (RESET) THE PLAYER AFTER THE UPDATE (VIA SETUP MENU UPDATE OR CD) - All Settings will be set to their defaults! INITIALIZE is available from the SETUP/GENERAL/MAINTENANCE Menu.

Last Updated: 11/18/2007

PROBLEMS UPDATING? SEE THESE THREADS:

MSSG (not M55G) Displayed?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post12217719

Player Bricked (Not Responding)?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=938218

Another Thread for Update Problems:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=m556

PROBLEMS/ISSUES AFTER UPDATE

Default Gateway Address not displayed with DHCP enabled?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940088

Error code: 408bc504?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=810932

VERSION 2.7 FAQ

[1] Is there a Forced 1080p/24 mode? NO.

[2] Is 1080p/24 fixed (23.97)? YES.

[3] Is High Bitrate Audio (HBR) supported? YES - XA2 ONLY (SETUP - AUDIO-->DIGITAL DIRECT AUDIO MODE).

ToEnable HBR, Set DIGITAL DIRECT AUDIO MODE to ON and DIGITAL OUT HDMI to Auto.
[4] Does it fix the A20s 1080p/60 issue? Waiting for more reports! (allargon Reports it's Not Fixed - See Post #253 !)

[5] Does it fix the XA2 1080p shutdown bug (on some XA2's)? Waiting for more reports (arbitrage000 Reports it's Not Fixed on his XA2).

[6] Does this update provide Region Free Playing? NO

[7] After the update, does the A2's Display properly show 'Multi' instead of '2ch' for 5.1 sources? YES

[8] turbe, are you interested in taking over Ownership of the AVS Forum (avsforum.com)? YES, ABSOLUTELY!

NOTE: 1080p modes Not Available on the A2!
Please PM Me with any new reports or if you want me to add to the FAQ.

.S

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

Wow!! Imagine if they get 1080p24 to work correctly (as 1080p23.97) and the bitstreaming of the newer audio codecs out on the XA2...as they're promising here!!

I may have to hold off on my purchase of the A35 if that's the case.

Exciting, (albeit seemingly late) indeed!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts

Quote:
In addition, this firmware update provides High Bit Rate Audio functionality for the HD-XA2 player. When integrated through the HDMI connection to a 7.1 capable multi-channel A/V receiver, High Bit Rate Audio has the potential to offer the latest in high definition surround sound.

What does that refer to?

·
Registered
652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gilvey /forum/post/12197918

What does that refer to?

Hopefully it passes hd audio codecs to a receiver via bitstream so a receiver could do the processing.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee301 /forum/post/12197961

Has anyone downloaded and tried this out yet?

Working on it.. we had a wind storm here today, I want to becareful as the power has gone out a few times

·
Registered
628 Posts
The update is not yet online for the player (XA2). I am still at 2.5. I wonder what happened to 2.6?

And this reminds me ... I LOVE the XA2 and I HATE the XA2 remote. It is almost impossible to read in broad daylight and completely useless in modest light. The buttons make no friggin' sense and there is no way I can guess where "set up" or "menu" or "exit" or "display" is on the bloody thing.

Maybe in a few days this will be online and I can see if Keir Dullea's conversations with HAL 9000 can keep up with his lips. By half way through they are about 1.5 seconds late. And its NOT because the transmission is coming from near Jupiter ...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornReady /forum/post/12197991

The update is not yet online for the player (XA2). I am still at 2.5. I wonder what happened to 2.6?

And this reminds me ... I LOVE the XA2 and I HATE the XA2 remote. It is almost impossible to read in broad daylight and completely useless in modest light. The buttons make no friggin' send and there is no way I can guess where "set up" or "menu" or "exit" or "display" is on the bloody thing.

Maybe in a few days this will be online and I can see if Keir Dullea's conversations with HAL 9000 can keep up with his lips. By half way through they are about 1.5 seconds late. And its NOT because the transmission is coming from near Jupiter ...

XA2 is right here:

http://tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-i...-xA2-2700N.zip

Please if someone updates an XA2 can you tell us if everything works and if the shutoff issue is resolved? I'm thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone have a direct link for the A2 download?

·
Registered
391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganB /forum/post/12198003

I am installing on my XA2 now. Step 5 of 5 which according to the Toshiba website takes 25 minutes to complete.

Big deal. What's the sense in trivial drama posts like this? What we really wanted to know is if you've noted better performance with your XA2.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got through step 5 of 5. Player spits out disc and shuts off. Power back on manually then after a min the tray goes in and another update is on the tv screen. Click ok to accept. Tv screen goes blank. It is now flashing "verup" on the player screen. Player then powers off again. Manually power up afterwards.

1 - 20 of 1264 Posts