AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Xbox 360 Console Now Offers Triple the Storage


Redmond, WashingtonMicrosoft is giving consumers more gigabytes for their buck. The company today announced an Xbox 360® console with triple the storage space of the original console, but for the same price of $349 (U.S.) estimated retail price.


Available in retail stores in the U.S. and Canada starting in early August, the upgraded Xbox 360 will include a 60GB hard drive for storing the growing wealth of digital entertainment available for the console, including music, movies, television shows, and game content. In addition, Microsoft today dropped the price of its 20GB Xbox 360 console in the U.S. and Canada to just $299 (U.S.) (ERP) while supplies last, a savings of $50.


"We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we're giving it to them at no extra charge," said Albert Penello, Xbox director of product management at Microsoft. "No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver, and now you'll have three times the storage to manage all that great content."


Xbox 360 is just one of three Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment systems Microsoft offers. Microsoft's Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games, is a value for the whole family for $279 (U.S.) (ERP), and the premium Xbox 360 Elite console is available with a 120GB hard drive for $449 (U.S.) (ERP).


Out of the box, the Xbox 360 console is ready to provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:
  • Xbox 360 console: The console is equipped with a cool white finish and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) output.
  • 60GB Hard Drive: The 60GB detachable hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download center for entertainment.
  • Upscaling DVD Player: With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favorite DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of Xbox 360.
  • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
  • Xbox 360 Headset: The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership: For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, and purchase or rent HD movies and TV shows, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
  • One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold: An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.

very nice
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,390 Posts
120 is not enough and lossless audio capability is needed. Until then, current model will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/14278686


120 is not enough and lossless audio capability is needed. Until then, current model will do.

thats nothing games need to be put on bluray for full 1080p, lossless sound, 7.1 channels, bigger hard drive, among other things the xbox needs this or it wont survive with wii and PS3 thats why PS3 is the No. 1 console in the world due to this fact. Look at the game HAZE.....awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
A good start, but not enough IMO. A 60 gb should be priced below $300 now. Comical marketing....."we know consumers need more space, and we're giving it to them at no extra charge". Um, no you arent. You are selling new systems at the exact same price, and those of us who already own the system are forced to pay absurd costs for new harddrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14278696


thats nothing games need to be put on bluray for full 1080p, lossless sound, 7.1 channels, bigger hard drive, among other things the xbox needs this or it wont survive with wii and PS3 thats why PS3 is the No. 1 console in the world due to this fact. Look at the game HAZE.....awesome.

I own a PS3. HAZE is NOT awesome. The only way the Xbox needs any of that stuff is if Microsoft wants to focus on even a more limited audience than they are now. I think they've got the right combination of features, games and online content to satisfy the masses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts
I believe Davio has missed the not-so-subtle humor....



Anyhow I think this is cool, microsoft gives folks a bargain with the 20gb models...and upgrades the existing box with a 60gig.


Which to me is a waste of time since I dont download movies from LIVE....just the occasional game demo, and I rarely keep them for any length of time.


UNLESS the 360 is moving into territory where developers are wanting to install data to a HD......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/14278840


I believe Davio has missed the not-so-subtle humor....



Anyhow I think this is cool, microsoft gives folks a bargain with the 20gb models...and upgrades the existing box with a 60gig.


Which to me is a waste of time since I dont download movies from LIVE....just the occasional game demo, and I rarely keep them for any length of time.


UNLESS the 360 is moving into territory where developers are wanting to install data to a HD......

how are they letting you upgrade to 60gb? is there a trade i program? I sold my elite due to 220watts of power sucking electricty in my home I want 175watts so I save the world and waste. So falcon it better in the new pros!!! Im hoping to get one at target and apply for credit card for 10% off. BTW I have my 120gb almost filled up I have 25gbs left.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,766 Posts
jocktheglide - I understand that every post you make is a weak attempt at humor, but really you just come off as a retard. Can you please take that retarded crap back to the PS3 forums?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/14279096


jocktheglide - I understand that every post you make is a weak attempt at humor, but really you just come off as a retard. Can you please take that retarded crap back to the PS3 forums?

well I noticed you got banned from the PS3 forums for mocking it say its last generation stuff....so looks who talking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Any word if the 60 GB will have the new smaller GPU chip? I thinks its called the Jasper.


I ask because the presumed added reliability may be worth more than the extra 40 GBs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14279028


how are they letting you upgrade to 60gb? is there a trade i program?

The upgrade to the system...not necessarily to you.

Quote:
I sold my elite due to 220watts of power sucking electricty in my home I want 175watts so I save the world and waste.

Trees across the land are singing your praises. Time to turn the A/C, conservation seems to be working....

Quote:
So falcon it better in the new pros!!! Im hoping to get one at target and apply for credit card for 10% off. BTW I have my 120gb almost filled up I have 25gbs left.

I stream all the media I need to, so I use my 360's hard drive for game upgrades and demos, and thats about it.


Microsoft is probably upgrading to 60gb drives because whoever supplies their hard drives has likely discontinued them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
OK seriously, when is MS going to get it right and give us built in wireless???


$100 for the wireless adapter after I spend $450 on an elite is ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjosh /forum/post/14282215


OK seriously, when is MS going to get it right and give us built in wireless???


$100 for the wireless adapter after I spend $450 on an elite is ridiculous.

Why? If it is built inside won't the price be higher then what you paid for the Elite in the first place? Would you have really had known that is what brought the cost from $450 to $500-550?

Plus the adapter isn't your only option.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,766 Posts
"OK seriously, when is MS going to get it right and give us built in wireless???"


I don't care about built in wireless in the slightest. Why should I pay more for my 360 so that you can save a couple bucks? You want wireless, then you pay for it, I don't want to pay for it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/14282384


Why? If it is built inside won't the price be higher then what you paid for the Elite in the first place? Would you have really had known that is what brought the cost from $450 to $500-550?

Plus the adapter isn't your only option.

If Sony can sell an 80gb with MGS4 and built-in wireless for $499, then I don't see why MS couldn't sell an Elite with built-in wireless for $449. I guarantee it wouldn't cost MS $100 to add it into their top of the line SKU. Probably $20.


I don't care either way, I love my 360, but I was hoping they would announce wireless if they came out with a new SKU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/14282404


"OK seriously, when is MS going to get it right and give us built in wireless???"


I don't care about built in wireless in the slightest. Why should I pay more for my 360 so that you can save a couple bucks? You want wireless, then you pay for it, I don't want to pay for it for you.

You don't, plenty of people do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjosh /forum/post/14282419


If Sony can sell an 80gb with MGS4 and built-in wireless for $499, then I don't see why MS couldn't sell an Elite with built-in wireless for $449.

I don't care either way, I love my 360, but I was hoping they would announce wireless if they came out with a new SKU.

You do know they took out 100% backwards compatability also right? In addition a deal is always struck with a company like Konami to sale every game with the system.

Quote:
I guarantee it wouldn't cost MS $100 to add it into their top of the line SKU. Probably $20.

It doesn't cost MS now as it is to make the wireless adaptor. But yet people are still buying it at the price it is. Just like the Wii.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top