AVS Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1830 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrell  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1770#post_22449883

What Dish receiver do you have? What GTV do you have? Logitech Revue integration is available for the 612/622/722/722k only. I personally never sprang for the extra $4/mo to integrate mine.

As for your Internet problem, are you hardwired or wireless? I know some people have done bizarre things such as hook their Dish receiver into the Revue, and let the Revue bridge itself and the receiver to a wireless network. Personally I hardwire everything that's bandwidth sensitive, such as streaming video.

I just got off the phone with logitech and dish support. They both say the same thing: GTV/revue is not compatible with the Dish Hopper 2000.

They said Dish have no ETA when they will update the Hopper 2000 to support GTV.

So I threw a hail Mary, reset the revue to production defaults...and it now works! I got through all of the steps and I can now control the Hopper with the keyboard and the channels are all adjusted for Dish etc. Phew.

I think support got the fact that the DVR integration did not work with this model set top box.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1770#post_22357006

Mine has been doing strange things and I can honestly say at this point I don't like it.

As I said... its better then the Logitech Revue, but I still feel its crap.

+1

You can add that the Sony GTV box Netflix app, while exactly the same as the one in the WD TV SMP, regularly crashes and forces a reset of the Sony. The WD TV SMP on the other hand almost never crashes.

All in all I was hoping this was going to be a good device but it is just a another P.O.S.

·
Registered
606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefyn  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_22453087

I just got off the phone with logitech and dish support. They both say the same thing: GTV/revue is not compatible with the Dish Hopper 2000. They said Dish have no ETA when they will update the Hopper 2000 to support GTV.

So I threw a hail Mary, reset the revue to production defaults...and it now works!

Phew indeed! The Revue will work with most HDMI sources, including the Hopper. But Dish and Google went the extra mile to integrate GTV with some of their receivers more closely. In particular, on the models I mentioned above, you can search for programs and the GTV will search not only live programming, but also recordings saved on the Dish DVR. That's nice, but IMHO not worth $4/mo, so I never paid it.

Also, don't hold your breath waiting for Dish to offer that integration for the Hopper. I am pessimistic that they will ever add it, considering the bath Logitech (and probably Dish) took on the Revue.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslydog  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_22453255

You can add that the Sony GTV box Netflix app, while exactly the same as the one in the WD TV SMP, regularly crashes and forces a reset of the Sony. The WD TV SMP on the other hand almost never crashes.

All in all I was hoping this was going to be a good device but it is just a another P.O.S.

Odd as I have never had that issue with the Sony GTV box. Perhaps you have a defective box or something else is up.

Philip

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone know when the Sony NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player will be released in the US? I see it's been released internationally and it was supposed to be released here too according to early reports but for some reason hasn't.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullit  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_22560126

Anyone know when the Sony NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player will be released in the US? I see it's been released internationally and it was supposed to be released here too according to early reports but for some reason hasn't.

Where have you seen the GP9 released?

I would say possibly never if the sales of the 7 are as sluggish as I think they are?

Time will tell.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Back in June we reported that Google TV was finally launching outside of the U.S., arriving in the UK with the launch of Sony's new NSZ-GS7 Internet player and NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player. Following its UK rollout, both devices were introduced in Canada, Australia, France, Germany and Netherlands, with the NSZ-GS7 Internet player also becoming available in Brazil and Mexico.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullit  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_22560761

Back in June we reported that Google TV was finally launching outside of the U.S., arriving in the UK with the launch of Sony's new NSZ-GS7 Internet player and NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player. Following its UK rollout, both devices were introduced in Canada, Australia, France, Germany and Netherlands, with the NSZ-GS7 Internet player also becoming available in Brazil and Mexico.

Where has the GP9 been sighted in a real store? It doesn't seem to be widely available.

Philip

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullit  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_22560126

It has not been released anywhere in the world.

If you have seen it, please do post a link to where it can be purchased. Maybe in Japan only?

Sony would have it out by now for the christmas shopping season, but tha fact that it is not avaliable is a telling sign that the GoogleTV platform on Sony is not going well.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I've been trying to get Plex to play nicely with my Logitech Revue.

After digging around the Plex forums it seems I should be able to transcode audio only and not touch video. But I cannot find any setting specific to this. I see numerous video quality settings of different bitrates, but nothing about "leave video alone." When I try to play a file with DTS audio my cpu cannot keep up, giving me a lagging buffering video stream. That tells me it is trying to do both audio and video.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm new to Google TV as of last Friday. I purchased the Sony NSZ-GS7 mainly because my Directv "Genie" did not have an optical port and our laptop is currently busted. I've initially killed two birds with one stone. Optical audio passthrough and full browser. Audio from my soundbar on movies with DD from Directv sound great and the browser does the job. I'm still learning how to navigate through all the apps and such. My one complaint is the HDMI Passthrough. Before I bought the GS7, Directv was flawless. When I opened the Guide and changed channels the screen would go black and change the channel. (about 2.5 seconds). Now that I have the GS7 and DVR hooked together, (when changing channels/playing from recorded list) the channel goes black, shows a split-second of the current program, makes two popping noises, and then goes to newly requested channel. I have native off on Directv and only one resolution checked (1080p). Also, when I select a recorded show from the list the picture stutters for a second. There are also popping noises if I fast forward or re-wind. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this very annoying issue. Since the Sony GS7 only outputs in one resoluion at a time and my TV is 1080p I leave it on 1080p and not Auto. I have set my Directv to just 1080p as well to no avail. I called Sony and that was a joke! Directv could not give me any more than Sony did. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You guys have to check rhis out if u havent heard if it, all I have to say is download tv portal app and you will not need any other app for watching any tv series or movie ever again, its the cable cutters dream. The interface sucks but version 2.0 is going to have all kinds of bells and whistles.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_23142465

You guys have to check rhis out if u havent heard if it, all I have to say is download tv portal app and you will not need any other app for watching any tv series or movie ever again, its the cable cutters dream. The interface sucks but version 2.0 is going to have all kinds of bells and whistles.

Doesn't seem to be in the Google Play store, or is this yet another indexing app that lives on the fringe?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800_100#post_23143038

Doesn't seem to be in the Google Play store, or is this yet another indexing app that lives on the fringe?
Its in the a amazon app store and the slideme app store

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800#post_23144550

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800_100#post_23143038

Its in the a amazon app store and the slideme app store

Isn't the Amazon store for the Kindle Fire? What does that have to do with Google TV?

Philip

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800_100#post_23146339

Isn't the Amazon store for the Kindle Fire? What does that have to do with Google TV?

Philip

Oh, make sure you go into setting and check the box that allows for app installs from unknown sources. Theres allot of great alternate app stores with great apps out there. Make sure you have a good video player gtvbox now called vimu is great and download loaderdroid and you can download from tvportal as well as stream the content. You will have to sideload it or get it from a alternate market that allows install of non google tv android apps or a fileshare site-or better yet a file share app.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800_100#post_23146339

Philip

Oh also I've been trying to download xbmc to my revue but found out I couldnt becuase google tv is the only android OS that google hasn't released the complete NDK for, anyway I downloaded an unoficial build that comes preloaded with all kinds of cool addons, one of which was "1 channel". To my great surprise they have an app specific to google tv in the google play store. Its like tv portal only better,it only has tv(no movies) but it streams them flawlessly without any stutter and has a better interface, more options and a built in player. So between these twi apps you seriously literally need nothing else.

EDIT-1 channel does have movies but you have to buy the upgraded version and it is well worth the $2. Oh and it has a built in player or you can choose to use an external player if you choose.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk  /t/1251018/official-google-tv-thread/1800_50#post_23142465

I am new to this Forum, and I have been using TV Portal for a while now..
That is before I found Google TV's biggest secret app so far!...

After using 1channel, TV portal became my second favorite app!

Oh by the way, after downloading and installing 1Channel I went to settings and made sure to check off the use the alternative website! (secret)

It was smooth sailing to all my favorite TV shows, and did I mention Movies too, the selection of movies on 1channel is the BOMB!.....

A lot more movies than TV Portal offers...

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=1channel&c=apps

first app on list...

Izzy

Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV

1801 - 1820 of 1830 Posts