AVS Forum banner

2021 - 2037 of 2037 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Well they are powered speakers, so they need a connection to the AC adapters (as does the sub). But clearly "wireless" from a signal POV. . .

"Truly wireless" (no power cords) would be a tricky thing; now you are talking batteries (which themselves put a limit on dynamics and volume), charging docks, etc. Seems like I have seen one model where the surround speakers could dock and un-dock from the main bar, but I'm not sure if they recharged there or not; that would be a cool design there's still a tradeoff between the convenience of true wireless and having to constantly move the speakers around (vs. a one-time install with power wires).
I was looking at page 7 of the manual where it says
4. OUT: Audio output jack for connecting to the left side speaker
5. IN: Audio input jack for connecting to the right side speaker

Not sure what that means, if a cable has to connect between the two?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was looking at page 7 of the manual where it says
4. OUT: Audio output jack for connecting to the left side speaker
5. IN: Audio input jack for connecting to the right side speaker

Not sure what that means, if a cable has to connect between the two?
Huh. I think you are right, since only one speaker has the "pairing" function. So it does look like there is a wire between the two surround speakers. That makes "wireless surround" a dubious claim, and likely kills this for me. SAD!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Huh. I think you are right, since only one speaker has the "pairing" function. So it does look like there is a wire between the two surround speakers. That makes "wireless surround" a dubious claim, and likely kills this for me. SAD!
Yeah, unfortunately I don’t they have true wireless rears, well none that I’ve seen so far. When they mean wireless I think they mean you don’t have run wires across the room from the main receiver or sound bar to the rear speakers.

I just got a Vizio sound bar recently and the rears are wired to the wireless subwoofer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am currently using a Vizio SB4051-C0 and am looking to update to something newer. I never was able to have much luck with getting the satelites to work very well with this set, but I wonder if part of it is being in a condo I can't turn it very loud so maybe I just can't get up enormous gh to drive the rears?

I don't necessarily need to have rears if I can get good enough sound from just a bar and subwoofer. Especially being ina condo and running in to the issue like my current set up where I can't set it loud enough to drive the rears. I wouldn't mind Atmos but I don't know how doable that is without breaking the bank so to speak.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
All things money being the same. Am i better off buying something like a nakamichi high end sound bar, or getting a receiver and investing in a good set of speakers, wires etc?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am looking for the best TV sound I can get from a short (3” or so in height) speaker system that can be as wide as a 65” TV with a wireless subwoofer and 6” deep. There’s a theater in the basement, and this is for more daily viewing without rear speakers. I’ve tried some soundbar systems like the LG SN10YG and it’s pretty good, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to do something better if I separately power speakers. There is room behind the TV area for a receiver or amps. I liked the idea of Paradigm’s all-in-one 3-channel LCR speaker, but that’s a bit too tall for the application.

Am I out of luck without going with an all in one soundbar system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to decide which soundbar to buy, the Samsung HW-Q800T or LG SN10YG. Which would be the better soundbar to buy? They’re roughly around the same price, which is $600. Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I’ve got both a Samsung HW-K950 and Nakamich Shockwafe 7.1.4 soundbar, but I’m looking for something that is kind of a mix of the two.

The Samsung’s Atmos performance is superb IMO but the overall soundfield is not as good. The Nakamichi has an overall better soundfield but the Atmos performance is sorely lacking to my ears.

Samsung uses upfiring speakers for the Atmos effects, Nakamichi’s approach is virtualized and just doesn’t do a good job of dealing with Atmos.

Considering the Samsung HW-Q950T 9.1.4 or the LG SN11RG soundbars. Any suggestions for others to consider would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brief recap of what I'm looking for and then details follow:

Dolby Atmos
Only need one HDMI input and one HDMI output
No satellite speakers
Must work without Arc or eArc (device plugged directly into soundbar - then soundbar to TV)
Wireless subwoofer (also fine with no subwoofer)
User friendly (set it and forget it)
Clear dialogue
Not Samsung (although my TV is)
$1200 or under

I read through the posts from the last couple of months. I had never heard of Klipsch before. The Cinema 800 sounds like a good solution. except I really have no place to put the rear speakers.

I currently have a Samsung K850. When it works, it sounds great. The problem I have is that every time I come out of playing a show with Atmos, I get no audio from a non-Atmos show. I need to cycle through all of the inputs on the soundbar in order to get any audio. It's not terribly user friendly for those who are not tech savvy.

My budget is around $1,000 to $1200. My TV isn't compatible with ARC, so that's not a concern. I really only need one HDMI input and one output. I have a Caavo Control Center that acts as an HDMI switcher. I don't need rear speakers or an external subwoofer. If the new SB has a wireless subwoofer that would be fine (the K850 does), but I have no place to put rear speakers. The soundbar would be 100% used for TV viewing (AppleTV, TiVo, and Chromecast in that order). I would also want a decent Android app that will allow me to make menu changes. The Samsung app for the K850 is crap.

I looked at the Sonos Arc, but my TV doesn't offer Atmos over Arc. I looked at the adaptor that would allow it, but it seemed to come with its own problems. I also considered the JBL Bar 9.1. I've seen it suggested that you could use it with the rears still attached to the main soundbar but I have reservations because JBL is a Samsung brand. My experience with Samsung doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies.

I've some research but nothing has jumped out at me yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
So I'm in a similar boat. I have a 2018 49" Samsung TV and been using it with Samsung HW-N950. It's always been temperamental and yesterday gave up the ghost. Neither Samsung nor John Lewis will help as its four months out of warranty. So I'm looking for a new Soundbar. I have an Apple TV 4K and want Dolby Atmos. Ideally I'd like another genuine surround setup, like the HW-N950 but I don't ever want to touch Samsung again. Sonos appeals as being expandable and playing nice with Apple and Airplay 2. So looking at the Sonos Arc. But not sure if it will give Atmos as my TV has ARC but not eARC. Will that be an issue? Also, to get genuine surround sound split speakers would be properly expensive from Sonos, but I could do it over time. Then there is the Sony HT-ST5000 but that also lacks the rear separates and doesn't do Airplay. I currently have a Samsung Blu-ray player, Sky Q and Apple TV 4K

·
Registered
79 Posts
Based on rtings, the HWQ-950T is the best speaker for movies?
I see some good deals for them, but what worries me is it’s 2+ years now?
EDIT: Nevermind, I was misinformed. So it looks like a 2020 model.

My price range is $1200 USD($1500 CAD). should I pull the trigger? Our condo is definitely not big enough for a full 5.1.
I will be using it with the new 2021 Sony 65in XR95J so ideally it has eARC and all.

I will likely just have an apple tv connected to the system. Here is what the room looks like:
- One side will be open and window on other side.

CondoMedia.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, my new TCL 50S535 TV arrived some days ago and I am thinking about getting a soundbar in the future. My room is a small bedroom. I would like to have a soundbar that isn't super expensive ( my budget is less than $400 USD) and has Dolby Atmos support. I remember looking up on TCL's website before and noticed that they have two of their Alto soundbars with Dolby Atmos support (Alto TS9030 and Alto TS8111). Which one of those Alto soundbars should I get?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey guys/gals -

Planning on purchasing a 55" Hisense H9G which will be mounted over a fireplace with an over-the-mantle mount. I'd like to attach a soundbar to the mount.

I'm looking for something that isn't too large, that doesn't stick out too far, but is musical. A wireless sub would be good too.

I was looking at the Yamaha YAS-209 or the Sonos Beam. Max budget is $500. If I went with the beam I might add the sub down the road.

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a 65" QN90A in the very near future and since I'll be doing it on a 12/24 month 0% interest store credit card, I figured it was a good idea to get a solid soundbar as well. This would be the fist soundbar I've ever purchased so I'm at a near complete loss as to which one I should consider. Something with punch but I also don't need to have a 15 speaker experience nor do I need to double my expense. Any thoughts as to where I should start? I thought Samsung would be good since that's the TV I'm getting but based on many reviews, they seem to not hold up so well over time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello guys, and I am sorry if this has been answered again. Does anyone know when I connect my PS5 to Q950T and then the television if I will have input lag or any visual degradation? If I connect first the PS5 to television and the TV to soundbar with eARC will it be working with dolby digital without any delays? I have Q95T and Im currently using ARC for PS5 sound and the delay is unbearable. Its about half a second.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking for an upgrade from a Sony HT-NT5 with two rear SRS-ZR5 for surround. I'm interested in better wireless surround sound. I found the rear speakers with the Sony not being so strong even after playing for a good while with adjustments.

Was looking at the Shockwafe soundbars. Just saw an old thread talking about them, but then saw this thread. Curious if those Shockwafe are any good or if there's some go to for wireless surround that everyone knows of.

Thanks!

2021 - 2037 of 2037 Posts