AVS Forum banner

1941 - 1956 of 1956 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm looking to buy a soundbar for my Sony 55" 900F. I have DirecTV (4k mini genie receiver) and a PS4 Pro.

I'm looking to maybe spend $300 or so. Would the Sony x9000F be a good choice? If so, how would the setup be? Would I plug the soundbar into the ARC and the PS4 into the soundbar? Would I plug the directv into the soundbar or just stay HDMI 1? Would there be audio delay?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is the Sennheiser Ambeo still considered the best soundbar out there, price not considered?

The muffled center speaker issues concern me a bit, but I’m hopeful it’s an infrequent occurrence and one that Sennheiser seems willing to work with people on.

Another big perk of the Ambeo, for me, is that it’s a true all in one package. Not that a stand-alone sub wouldn’t help it, but I like that it doesn’t seem to be a necessity like most bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Greetings to all, I am looking for a lower budget soundbar with a coaxial input. I know that’s kind of old tech, but it’s an old TV that I’m trying to improve the audio on. It does have SPDIF out. It’s a bedroom set up. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Would love to keep it under $100 if possible. Don’t need a sub ! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M that only has two HDMI 1.3 inputs. I'm looking to get away from my Denon AVR and Klipsch RF-35, SVS PC12-Plus set-up.

Option 1 - Living Room
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
AT&T TV Android Box
Apple TV 4K

For the living room set-up, sound quality and managing at least two hdmi source inputs is important to me.

Option 2 - Bedroom
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Apple TV 4K

For the bedroom set-up, a more minimal approach is ok. I'd likely only have one hdmi source input and I don't need anything crazy loud since the room is small.

The main challenge is the Kuro's connections, as I don't believe it has any connections I can use other than the HDMI ports, and they are outdated (no ARC). I would imagine any soundbar I choose would need one or two HMDI source inputs and 1 HDMI output to send the video signal to the Kuro.

I'd really love to get the Sonos Arc, but there seems to be a host of challenges getting it to work with my TV.

Ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looking to get a soundbar to improve the quality of the sound from my X900H. Currently, the only things plugged into it are my PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch (I will be getting a PS5 at launch). I mainly use the TV to play games and watch movies/TV shows on the native TV apps.

I looked through reviews and sort of settled on either the Vizio SB36512-F6 or the Sonos Arc. I'm not a huge audiophile so I'm not even sure I need something that high-end but I'd like eARC if possible. I also don't really want something with rear speakers or a sub if I can help it unless the speakers are wireless (which may eliminate the Vizio from contention).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking for a short (not slim) passive soundbar for under my 75" Sony. It needs to be 3" or shorter. I cant seem to find anything that would work. Does anyone have some recoemndations?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dolby ATmos soundbar to incorporate with existing AVR is that possible to eliminate bulky avr receivers? DOes a soundbar have a avr built in?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Looking for the best sound bar for an LG CX77.

-Money not a primary concern.
-Must be family friendly
-Speech clarity important
-Would prefer to cover all the audio formats

I was looking Sennheiser but the failures seem to be a concern. It looks like this thread is all inquiry and no response but had to try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Advice needed here...
Buying my first soundbar but I am worried about its placement.
I would like to buy JBL 9.1 or Samsung q90r because movies are my main priority (atmos), although it seems there are many problems with those bars (I don't know if they are fixed). The problem is that the room is not symmetrical. Right wall would be 1,5 meters from the soundbar but left wall would be something like 5 meters away. How much is it a big deal? Should I consider something like Sony zf9 with added rear speaker (with added rears it is the most expensive solution in my country right now)? Tv is sony x900f which doesn't have earc but has dd+ passthrough through Arc so it is one more thing to consider.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am looking to replace my soundbar system since I am moving into my own place. I'm looking for two setups

I currently have a Sony HT-CT150 3.1

This my current setup
I have my TV going into the ARC port and there's 3 other ports one with my cable DVR, Nvidia Shield TV and the last one has a 4 port HDMI switch with other devices connected to that

I know it's hard to find this many ports on today's models so I can get away with ARC plus 2 HDMI if possible worst case scenario ARC plus 1 extra and I'll get a switch with more ports.

I need them to play Dolby Digital Plus and Atmos and I really need it to be good at leveling sound so louder sounds aren't louder than dialogue

Unlimited budget really for the first one that one will be used for movies, shows and I want to stream music to it if possible

The other one I'd like to keep it at $300-400 that one is for a bedroom and the only requirement besides needing to hook up the same device setup is also the Dolby Digital Plus and Atmos

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I am a Sony XF9005 user and I want a good audio level upgrade.

I've seen some options but I don't know which is the best, can you help?

90% of the time will be for watching movies via PLEX or playing Playstation 4.

• Yamaha YAS 207
  • LG SL6YF
  • Samsung HW-550
Thank you 💪

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for a sound bar for my computer setup, ideally not more than about 24 inches in length (18 would be more ideal but it seems like that would limit selection and sound too much), and it will be used for both music and voice calls. Feature-wise it needs very little...I mainly need it for the form factor as there is just no place to put bookshelf speakers. Subsequently, I would prefer something that maximizes clarity and volume over features such as extensive bluetooth capability, remotes, smart capability, etc. It's being connected to a MacBook Pro. In terms of ways to connect, I have the good ole' 1/8 inch jack (there is an output on both my laptop and my displays), USB, and DisplayPort/Mini DisplayPort at the end of a multi-monitor chain using multi stream transport (to my understanding, because I am using multi stream transport I can NOT convert this to HDMI but I am not certain on this?) I can also obviously connect to Bluetooth, but I think I will probably be forced to do a wired connection because I extensively use USB 3.2 Gen 1 and Gen 2, both of which interfere with 2.4 GHz signals. I think the 1/8 inch output on my monitor will probably make the most sense--it's an UltraSharp U2520DR if that matters. I know with this size I am limited on bass, so if this model could pair well with a sub in the future that might be an added benefit although not of massive importance.

I purchased one of the entry Taotronics $40 bars and while the volume it can achieve is more than sufficient, it's much lower in sound quality than the built-in speakers on my 16-inch MacBook Pro (which are unusually good for laptop speakers.) I've looked at the Bose TV Speaker, Sonos Beam (refurb), a few Yamaha models, and various others. Not being able to hear them, this makes things a little tougher and so any recommendations you have are appreciated. Ideally, I'd like to stay under $200 although I am not opposed to spending more if I am getting a massive difference in quality. Clarity-wise, while I don't need B&W Nautilus sound quality, I'd prefer something equal to or a bit better than my laptop. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone recommend a 3.0 soundbar? Do they really exist anymore? The only decent option I can find is the Samsung MS650, which is a few years old now.

If not, does anyone know if I bought a 3.1 soundbar, such as the Samsung T650, and unplugged/disconnected the subwoofer, it would still work? I realise I would be compromising on bass, but I live in a condo and don't want to irritate the neighbours.

1941 - 1956 of 1956 Posts