AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is sweet and, for the money, it is even sweeter. I see almost no feedback on the net anywhere. I felt it needed to be recognized. This is the second Hisense TV that I have bought in the last 2 years. I am very happy with both.

On this one, I havent determined what the contrast ratio is supposed to be. TigerDirect.com listed as 1600:1 while there is a Hisense page with it listed as 550:1. Both dont seem right to me for some reason. I wrote both and of course neither has responded.

Anyone else get this set? TigerDirect stopped selling it shortly after I got mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got Richard Lee on the phone at Hisense technical service and he told me that the dynamic contrast ratio is 1600:1 and the "day time" contrast ratio is 1000:1

He didnt know why it says 550:1 on the Hisense page.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the email I got from Hisense when I inquired about the contrast ratio. Apparently, their website has it wrong at the time of this posting:

Dear sir,

The panel spec has already updated recently.

The dynamic C/R (for AI) for this new panel is 1600:1 (Typ).

Any questions pls feel free to contact me .

Best Regards!

Ray Guo

TV Technical Engineer

Key Account Dept.

Hisense Import & Export Co., Ltd.

22F,17,Donghaixi Road,Qingdao,China

Tel:0086-0532-83878888 ext. 8544

Fax:0086-0532-83866770

Post Code: 266071

Email:[email protected]

http://www.hisense.com/en/products/t...0144705&flag=2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I also got this TV its great, but hisense US support is god awful and I can't get any help with an issue I have with this TV. Heres the email I've sent them:

I recently recieved my Hisense LHD3206US and I really love the TV, but after a day or two I noticed a black backlighting issue (from what I can see) with the right most portion of the screen. About 4 inches of the TV don't reach the same color hue when viewing dark pictures. Theres a definitive line that separates this section from the rest of the TV that looks great, but this problem area turns out to be more of a cloudy greyish color, and doesn't achieve the true black the rest of the TV can. I've called customer support twice, and have done the TV reset by unplugging the power source from the TV, which seems to temporarily fix the problem, but it seems to just come back over time. I've also attached a picture I took of the TV on a black screen...It appears more blue-ish in the picture but its actually black/grey. Really hoping we can do something to get this fixed as soon as possible...I think spending $600 on a TV should not come with flaws like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.