AVS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Xbox 360 running with the HD-DVD player running on it. Games play great and look amazing on it. Also HD-DVD movies look really nice also.

Never seen any issue with games. I'm using the component wires to run it and it does the job. I suggest just hooking up a system other then the PS2 and trying it out. if you get a bad signal call for the warranty.

I own the NS-LCD32 and I'm very happy so far, images look wonderful on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson /forum/post/0

I am sure you have checked your input selection.

Well I did, but even then it wasn't working. I had my genious uncle come over today to help me out, and it seems it wasn't working when hooked up to the regular A/V, but when connected through the RGB Component, it worked just fine.

P.S. - I don't know if it's because it is my first HDTV, but the picture quality completely astounds me. I just got rid of a full tube TV that didn't even have parts readily available anymore, HAHA! I can't wait to upgrade to HD cable service!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan300ZX86 /forum/post/0

I own a playstation2 and when hooked up the image quality does not seem very good like its kinda fuzzy and dark. It also seems like it has a hard time with the images.

I have experienced this problem with my PS2 as well, but not with an HDTV. I think it is just that the PS2 is an older piece of equipment. To solve this problem, I typically just turn up the gamma/brightness.

Also, you might try hooking up a friend's newer system, like an XBOX 360, or a PS3 to see if it's just the TV, or your Playstation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea I think I may just have to borrow one of my freinds 360 and try it cause I plan to buy one. And I guess Il need a new dvd player since my ps2 is my dvd player hopefully its not the t.v otherwise il prolly just exchange it for another one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well yesterday I decided to take back my LCD T.V....Mainly due to the fact that when watching basic television you could visibly see green lines running vertically down the screen, and because when playing my ps2 you could see green lines when there were darks being shown going horizontally. I went back thinking I could exchange but apparently all of them had been sold out.. So i got my money returned. It was kind of destirbing to watch the one person at bestbuy who worked at the service desk trying to figure out how to work the t.v . It seemed like he didnt know what he was doing considering there supposed to be good and knowledgeable about technology. Well before geting my refund an older guy who was in the T.V department was trying to tell me that the reason for all the green was because i needed a power source outlet forget the exact name but its like a power strip only more expensive and are supposed to be for HDTV. The cost for one was 150$ and a cheap one 60$. I found it to be hard to beleive that was the problem. I was wondering if anyone used any special sources for any of their HDTV. If anyone thought he was right or he was just trying to get me to buy something

·
Registered
79 Posts
I call BS. I use a pretty basic power strip (a computer one I got at Walmart for about $12), not the most basic, but not expensive either. I have never seen the issues you are describing (I have the 37" model Insignia).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Should have told him to get one of those magical things out and see if it fixed your set. Hee hee. He was talking smack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased the 32" model Saturday but they were out of stock. It'll be ready for pickup by tomorrow or Wednesday. I see there's a lot of talk about PQ and stuff, but i haven't seen any talk about mounts.

How do you guys have it mounted? Wall Mount? Stand? Does anyone have any pictures of their setups?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here's a pic of how I fit mine into my summer travel trailer home. I've got the tv hooked up to my laptop. That's a pic I took out front last night in the rain of a hummingbird moth feeding on some of my wife's flowers. Didn't know they existed. I first thought it was a baby hummingbird.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a total novice. This is my first HD and LCD TV. So graduating from a standard CRT, the picture seems awesome to me. I have had it a week and I may have seen the picture and sound sync issue someone mentioned, but it never repeated. For now I'm still on standard DirecTV so the picture comes in as 4:3 aspect ratio. I see a lot of demo LCDs with very distorted pictures I guess to eliminate the black bars on the sides. I never want to distort the picture's aspect ratio so I'm OK with the black bars on the sides. But there are a lot of programs on standard TV that are delivered in various wide screen formats so they have the black bars on top and bottom, letterbox. This results in a black frame around the picture. I'd like to zoom as much as possible without chopping off any of the picture or distorting the aspect ration. I've found only one zoom setting on this TV and in most cases it does chop of quite a bit of the picture on the top and bottom. If I switch to HD DirecTV would this still be a problem? It seems to me there should either be a variable zoom or half a dozen or so zoom settings to account for most of the standard wide screen formats. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very helpful people. I like this forum.

Here is my issue. I have the older model NS-32LCD (bought in late 2006) and the sound is now not working on the HDMI input. I've tried everything. It works on everything else (components, xbox, ps2), but the HDMI failed. I even put in another cable and still no sound, video is fine though. The clock has never kept its setting, closed captioning has never worked either.

So bestbuy says I can bring in and they will give me the new model (the all black one) for an even exchange. Any reason I should not do this? The only thing I think I am losing is about 50 cd on the brightness (who cares). The HD PQ has always been amazing to me but the the SD has ALWAYS been awful. Much worse than older cheap TV's I have. So win win right?

Do the rear cables have plastic covers like the older model?

I heard that maybe the cable box, scientific atlanta HDDVR box, may not go well with the TV. I heard problems elsewhere. So maybe the new model will be better?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh sorry, should I pay the extra for the service contract? I dont normally, but it might be worth it on this brand and ensure me a new tv in a year or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan300ZX86 /forum/post/0

Well yesterday I decided to take back my LCD T.V....Mainly due to the fact that when watching basic television you could visibly see green lines running vertically down the screen, and because when playing my ps2 you could see green lines when there were darks being shown going horizontally. I went back thinking I could exchange but apparently all of them had been sold out.. So i got my money returned. It was kind of destirbing to watch the one person at bestbuy who worked at the service desk trying to figure out how to work the t.v . It seemed like he didnt know what he was doing considering there supposed to be good and knowledgeable about technology. Well before geting my refund an older guy who was in the T.V department was trying to tell me that the reason for all the green was because i needed a power source outlet forget the exact name but its like a power strip only more expensive and are supposed to be for HDTV. The cost for one was 150$ and a cheap one 60$. I found it to be hard to beleive that was the problem. I was wondering if anyone used any special sources for any of their HDTV. If anyone thought he was right or he was just trying to get me to buy something

The picture quality can be affected by 'dirty power' and electrical disturbance, I don't think that in this case it was the problem but it will help you achieve the best picture quality and know that your equipment is safe during storms.

Just for the record I use a 1000$ belkin (pure AV) power center for my equipment, you don't need something this intense for basic equipment but one of those monster power bars for 150$ should work wonders

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sorry to report that my TV has to be repaired. Nothing to major. I'm using it right now, but Tech from Bestbuy came out to inspect a nasty thin black line only viewable in dimmer lights.

He did tests and found that the line was because of a bad digital board. Going to order the new piece and will be back next week to repair.

I'm still happy I got the TV, only problem i've had and I think its a remote issue. Told me that this could happen to any TV, I just got a bad board but would be fixed next week, so all is good.

Other then that, no problems to report on the TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and obvioulsy on a budget. would you recommend this television over others for the price? I have a 360 and have seen that you guys w/them love the quality. Also, i have noticed that everyone on here has had some type of trouble in one way or another. Is there any real problems that i will encounter, seeing as tho i am somewhat more advanced in this area than the average teen. (i work as our school IT assistant) Thanks for your guys' time and opinions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well Reviews seem to be good for gaming... When I had the 26inch picture quality was very good mainly if you have an HD box Like myself... I did Have ps2 hooked up and it had problems producing the correct colors..But the ps2 might have been to old for this new technology.. I have Xbox 360 as well and plan to buy this T.V again and hook it up I probibaly may get it in like 2weeks so If you dont already buy a T.V Il let you know... But reviews say it looks amazing on Xbox360

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright, Great! Thank you! Yes, i do have the hd dvd player but it stays upstairs as i do not have a hd tv down in my room, which is what this will be for. It will be very nice being able to watch movies at their finest! Also, i have recently subscribed to live so i can download all of the hd movies i want! Technology these days never ceases to amaze! Once again thank you for your help, I was a little worried about this just because of numerous reports of sound loss and what not. Might as well go crazy and just get it while i still can...only live once!

61 - 80 of 201 Posts